Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, r4derby said:

6 games to go. This is the last chance saloon to start putting a run together, for me. If we can start to play cohesive, attacking football and pick up points for the next 6 games, we have a chance in the playoffs. If we can’t, then it won’t matter where we finish as we won’t get past Leeds/Sheff Utd in the playoffs anyway. It will be similar to Brighton against us in 2014.

Focussing in today, I’m torn between Lamps playing his best available line up and playing the players that are going to be the focal point of his team next season. I want to make the most of seeing Mount and Wilson in Derby shirts, but I also want to see a couple of our youngsters before the end of the season (who happen to play the same positions, if not near the same ability at the minute)

Carson back in for the run in. Us looking at Walton as potential GK next season suggests Lamps is targeting a GK, and Roos likely won’t be here. He’s been fine when he’s played, but made mistakes like Carson. Cole to play LB until Malone fit. Hudds to come back into the side. Marriott to be given a run out again, to see if the kick up the bum about training has worked (with a Waghorn having a rest on bench after couple of knocks)

Carson, Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole, Hudds Mount Holmes, Wilson Marriott Lawrence

I think a couple of our youngsters and our best team might actually be the same thing.

I also think our last chance saloon went a little while ago. We can't win away. A few draws and defeats is now no use. I'm not at all worried about our home form. But we've now got to the stage where it isn't enough. 

Interesting that he’s gone with the same team, personally I’d have gone with Bird over Bryson but that’s because I think the POs are gone now so I’m happy for Bird to be given some game time, Lamps thinks it’s still possible so he’s going with experience which I can understand to an extent.

I do wonder about Carson and Hudds longer term futures, they’ve not receiving any game time in recent weeks despite some unconvincing performances by the players selected ahead of them.

Marriott also back in! 

40 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Play crap and keep your place! What message does that send to the rest of the squad

One bad performance doesn't render a player useless?

Sith Happens
40 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Play crap and keep your place! What message does that send to the rest of the squad

Would have been tough to drop 11 players 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Regarding your second paragraph, surely, whilst there is still a chance, he has to play his best available team. Can you imagine the (justified) reaction if he dropped the likes of Mount, Wilson and Tomori when there is still something, however remote, to play for?

Insane idea. 

Not suggesting we drop the 3 loanees, just asking the question. Includes (probably more so) those players in final year of contract who are not likely to renew with us...

Tomori has been so important for us, Wilson and Mount are class players who we need to enjoy these final 6 games

Sith Happens
46 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Unchanged team, are you taking the piss Lampard? Bryson again?!!!!!! Convinced this is some conspiracy just to piss me off 

Hope so 

Archived