Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

At the end of the day, we’ve had some really outstanding performances this season but they are not really going to count for much or stick in the memory when they are outnumbered by so many bad ones like Forest, Leeds, Villa, Blackburn, Preston, Sheff Utd away and Millwall at home just off the top of my head.

It’d just be nice for us to put a run together and give the fans some hope, some reasons to be optimistic for next season.

Apart from the Millwall game, the common theme is away games. I expected a comfortable win today.  I think we will beat QPR and probably West Brom who will have their sights set on the play offs by that point. The big question is, can we win the games on the road at Birmingham, Bristol and Swansea. Recent away performances don’t inspire much confidence.

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Apart from the Millwall game, the common theme is away games. I expected a comfortable win today.  I think we will beat QPR and probably West Brom who will have their sights set on the play offs by that point. The big question is, can we win the games on the road at Birmingham, Bristol and Swansea. Recent away performances don’t inspire much confidence.. 2 points from 9 against Millwall, Stoke and Sheffield Wednesday was equally as damaging as the away day drubbings.

After the Leeds game, I felt promotion was off the table. But it’s still disappointing how the rest of the season has transpired.

We’ve been consistently bad away from home, it’s true. But we’ve not really built any momentum at home either. 5 points from 12 during a run of four consecutive home games sums up our season.

Some flashes of brilliance, some fantastic one off performances, but we haven’t really been able to build any kind of momentum.

One good run can make all the difference. Villa will finish in the play offs now. Seven weeks ago, they looked like mid table also rans. Amazing turnaround there.

It’s just a shame we haven’t been able to build on anything in a similar way. How different we might feel and how different the mood around the club might be.

Right now it just feels like the season has been dying a slow death.

Archived