Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable
Message added by David

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton have won something like 4 games in the last 22 matches, are in financial turmoil and are pretty much nailed on to get relegated, so we're going to have to be careful here lads. We don't want to make ourselves look silly (again) by losing to a team in such poor form.

Thankfully we seem to do well against teams near the bottom of the table, so probably an easy win for us.

Is it possible we can just play our best line up? 

Carson

Bogle Tomori Keogh Malone

Huddlestone

Wilson                Mount

Waghorn  Marriott  Lawrence

That is comfortably the best 11 we can put out at the minute and some of our best performances have come from this line up.

Roos isn't as good as Carson and he never will be. Johnson and Bryson should be absolutely nowhere near this team. 

I can't believe we have that midfield at our disposal and are playing Bryson and Johnson.

Put a young striker on the bench instead of Nugent an all.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

On the Bolton forum they'll be saying "Derby have won just 5 of their last 19 league games".

The fact that that's true and we're still 8th really speaks to the mediocrity of the majority of the league this season. Or maybe it speaks to the bottom 10 being better than they usually are. Not sure.

Besides I don't think any Bolton fans are discussing us at all, tbf. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

MacDonald is the only fit competition for Cole

Wisdom got man of the match playing left back against Boro and has never been played their since.

The next game he was at right back, and the game after he was dropped back to the bench.

Carson 

Bogle          Keogh.          Tomori.      Cole 

Huddlestone

Bird                      Wilson

Mount 

Marriott.                 Lawrence 

Wing play has been our biggest downfall all year let's play centrally and retain the ball. 

Horrible performance last night. Ruined another Tuesday night watching another awful derby midweek display. Can’t quite understand what went wrong but it was a cocktail of errors on and off the pitch. The season may well be over, however we’re definitely still in it mathematically... 

On to Saturday though and bolton are in a right mess so could be a chance for us to completely freshen up the team and play a team that could spark some life into us for the final 6 games of the season. Or at the very least give us some idea as to who frank will want to include in the team next season. I think it’s important we give include some youngsters in the 18 because they will surely have 100% more fight than any of that lot showed us last night. 

Id go with 

Carson

bogle        keogh     tomori     Wisdom 

Hudds

Holmes                Mount 

Bennett           Marriott        Wilson 

bench: Roos, Cole, Johnson, Lawrence, Sibley, Mitchell Lawson, Bird

COYR

I would go with 

Carson

Bogle Tomori Keogh Cole

Huddlestone

Mount  Johnson 

Waghorn  Marriott Wilson 

As much as I think Johnson is poo with Holmes in the team we are too light weight and poor in the air, Johnson provides some muscle and heading ability which will probably be their main threat.  I think Marriott needs to start this one, it would be extremely questionable from Lampard if he is not even in the 18 again, it would make me think something has happened between them that we don't know about.

Archived