The Politics Thread 2019

Day

56 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Clearly thinks he is saying the right thing, but clearly out of touch. 

No issue with someone targetting pay day loan companies but you have to be intelligent enough to word it properly.

He probably isn't wrong that some people struggle with managing budgets but if he thinks better management of personal budgets is the one thing that solves poverty and the need for food banks then he is isn't fit to be an MP.

For every person who is not managing their own budget their will be multiple people with no budget to manage.

I'm not sure why he is promoting pay day loans, they are just going exacerbate their situation. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rynny said:

I'm not sure why he is promoting pay day loans, they are just going exacerbate their situation. 

I don't think he is. I think he is trying to say they are an issue and better management of personal budgets will mean no need to use them. 

Just saying it appallingly.

image.png.3d9238bebc2851d9992f1ce4d33bbf2c.png

1: Next World Cup we can bid for is in 2030, just in time to Get Brexit Done

2: Which nation will we unite by bringing the World Cup Home? Wales? Scotland? Northern Ireland?

They seriously post this bilge water and expect people to read it and then be motivated to vote for them? Utter, utter garbage.

11 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

He probably gets commission

Imagine him as a sales man. Don't think he will get much commission 

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Nope, I want all sides of arguments to be given platforms to state their case, not give one side a free pass whilst restricting the other.  As I said before society has to work for everyone not just [insert minorty group here] and its not just a case of bowing to the masses, it is also a case of minority group A learning to live with and accept minorty group B.

Exactly. The issue though, is that when you have a group who’s view is based on either a fixed political ideology or on religion, where God is giving them total justification and no negotiating room, they will always refuse to live with the views of  minority B or more critically, with Majority C. 

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

image.png.3d9238bebc2851d9992f1ce4d33bbf2c.png

1: Next World Cup we can bid for is in 2030, just in time to Get Brexit Done

2: Which nation will we unite by bringing the World Cup Home? Wales? Scotland? Northern Ireland?

They seriously post this bilge water and expect people to read it and then be motivated to vote for them? Utter, utter garbage.

Not sure i see the issue,  its already been stated there will be a joint bid with Ireland for 2030.

He uses the terminology uk and Ireland which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Whoever we elect i would be incredibly disappointed if they don't get behind a bid to host the world cup regardless of where the games will be played.

Corbyn stated all of the uk should receive a bank holiday if England won the last world cup, personally think it was a good call, aimed at creating unity like Johnsons statement,  not trying to maintain divisions as some want to.

My point is that it is a daft thing to say as a supposed closer with five days to go. If, as he says, he wants something to do to show our national confidence as we Get Brexit Done then suggesting a tournament we won't get a chance to host till 2030 seems just daft. 

If it was intended to put a joint bid together then why put a picture of Southgate up there?

It's just shoddy, poor and indicative of a team that are sub-standard and disrespectful (at best) of the public they are dealing with.

44 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not sure i see the issue,  its already been stated there will be a joint bid with Ireland for 2030.

He uses the terminology uk and Ireland which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Whoever we elect i would be incredibly disappointed if they don't get behind a bid to host the world cup regardless of where the games will be played.

Corbyn stated all of the uk should receive a bank holiday if England won the last world cup, personally think it was a good call, aimed at creating unity like Johnsons statement,  not trying to maintain divisions as some want to.

Exactly. First steps of bringing a divisive referendum to a close. 

And why can't he say we are going to bid for it now? I'm sure host cities, stadium designs etc need to be chosen. It's only 10 years away. 

34 minutes ago, Norman said:

'nothing to see here'. Is that a joke about his legs and arms? No, not being srs. 

Did you read the whole article? He will have 10 year 'light reviews' once systems have fully changed. 

Is that to check if they've grown back? 

54 minutes ago, Norman said:

'nothing to see here'. Is that a joke about his legs and arms? No, not being srs. 

Did you read the whole article? He will have 10 year 'light reviews' once systems have fully changed. 

Yeh, read the whole article, even the bit about the 3 fit for work questionnaires he's been asked to fill out in this year alone. Maybe he'll be better equipped for work in a decade huh! 

My wife is a P.A.to a woman who had a stroke in her early thirties and has 4 children .She is assessed on an annual basis to she if she can work ,unfortunately the stroke has had the effect of causing her to use industrial language to put it mildly .

Some clever [not] social worker thought it might be a good idea to try her out in a call centre .The first client to got a mouthful of effing this and effing that bringing an end to  her career in telesales.

As we are now have three days before the election. I find it odd that  Johnson as time to waste talking about football.

Shouldn't he be answering questions about the policies in his party's manifesto. As one of the policies promises to reduce taxes meaning less money going into the country's coffers. Wondering how the tories plan to pay for all this spending on the NHS, policing and education.

Shame Johnson could only find time to do meaningless photo opportunities, instead of sitting down to do some proper in-depth interviews

Johnson keeps going on about how a vote for him will get brexit done and a vote for anyone else would mean remaining in tbe EU. Wasn't a second referendum on brexit deemed to be undemocratic

14 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

My wife is a P.A.to a woman who had a stroke in her early thirties and has 4 children .She is assessed on an annual basis to she if she can work ,unfortunately the stroke has had the effect of causing her to use industrial language to put it mildly .

Some clever [not] social worker thought it might be a good idea to try her out in a call centre .The first client to got a mouthful of effing this and effing that bringing an end to  her career in telesales.

Would it help if she offered to work for less than effin minimum wage?

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Is that to check if they've grown back? 

May be if there weren’t so many work shy cheats draining the system the genuine people wouldn’t have to go through such a means test. What do you think is a fair system give benefits to everyone who claims them no questions asked?

5 hours ago, maxjam said:

There have been numerous times in this thread and several posts have been removed

TBF - that's because it's a moderated forum with rules, and the mods are trying to do a job. Posts aren't being removed because of censorship - purely to adhere to the forum rules.

You can go on Telegram and say what you like

23 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

May be if there weren’t so many work shy cheats draining the system the genuine people wouldn’t have to go through such a means test. 

Nope - it's because the assessments are subcontracted to private companies like ATOS and Capita. They get paid per assessment, and get paid for hitting targets. An absolutely broken system which puts a profit motive before people's needs.

I have a friend with MS and he went through hell with his disability assessments. Absolute bureaucratic hell that involved multiple appeals over the course of 12 months. Eventually it was sorted but the toll it took on his mental health (and his wife's) was criminal.

Archived