The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Has he? Trying to work out what his "gaff" was.

Was it accusing Zaghari-Ratcliffe of being a spy, making the situation worse? Or failing to declare outside earnings to the house, or the letterbox comment, or "spaffed up the wall", or accusing the EU of wanting to inflict Nazi-style punishment beatings on the UK, or the row with his girlfriend making the papers, or the infamous "**** business" comment, or saying Sirte could be the new Dubai when they clear the dead bodies away, or discussing alcohol in a Sikh temple, or his poem in the Spectator about Erdogan having sex with a goat, or accusing Obama of being part Kenyan, or him smashing into a 10 year old in a rugby game, or getting stuck on the zipwire, or his editorial in the Spectator about Hillsborough, or "piccaninnies with watermelon smiles", or "tank-topped bumboys", or his comments on working class men being "drunk, criminal and feckless"...

Or has he come out with a new one?

Jeez, it must be pretty hard work maintaining that scrapbook.

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just imagine that if this was Boris...

Real world consequences...

Wasting your time. Quite a few on here like Direct Action. 

One even admits liking political violence. 

And many don't think Labour is riddled with racists, when over 300 complaints of anti-semitism have yet to be dealt with. 

Did I hear Corbyn screaming down a microphone about the Tories failing the NHS over 9 years on the radio earlier? 

Put that in your scrapbook, lads. 

Also, every financial disagreement over Brexit needs deleting from this thread. Because everything the Remainers said was a lie. 

How can they write that poo for over 3 years, to then support this Labour Party when everyone is warning against the lowest earners being the ones most hit?

Financial uncertainty, rise in taxes, businesses and billionaires threatening to leave the country etc etc. 

As soon as they get in, share prices will fall, which they will then attempt to buy on the cheap, pension pots disappear, the EU bans them from doing most of it, 200 billion on to the national debt at increased interest rates etc etc. 

Nevermind, they can let the Tories in, in another 4 years and then start blaming them for all their duck ups. 

'it's not the same Labour Party'. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Come on then I'll bite. Name the names  of the 'quite a few on here' who advocate violence.

We'll wait....

Go and read about Antifa and the replies I got. 

I'll wait. And if you read these threads from the stringerbell days, you would know the answers to the rest. Pal. 

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Come on then I'll bite. Name the names  of the 'quite a few on here' who advocate violence.

We'll wait....

I guess he means me, because I have no issues with punching fascists. 

Attacking activists physically (who aren't carrying swastikas and sieg heiling down the road) just because you don't agree with them, I don't agree with. If for no other reason than it gives the opposition the moral high ground. And the Conservatives do not deserve the moral high ground. 

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

Go and read about Antifa and the replies I got. 

I'll wait. And if you read these threads from the stringerbell days, you would know the answers to the rest. Pal. 

Grow FFS.

Gboro reckons you're alluding to him.

Who are all the others then tough guy?

25 minutes ago, Norman said:

Wasting your time. Quite a few on here like Direct Action. 

One even admits liking political violence. 

And many don't think Labour is riddled with racists, when over 300 complaints of anti-semitism have yet to be dealt with. 

Did I hear Corbyn screaming down a microphone about the Tories failing the NHS over 9 years on the radio earlier? 

Put that in your scrapbook, lads. 

And this is the thing. It isn’t about left or right politics in an economic sense. That’s an argument that is always open to discussion and to be honest in a post industrial western world it is one that we should be having. 

it is about the far left. They have thugs amongst them that are too often permitted to spout ( because they hide behind a mask of faux social justice) those posts and the internal things at local party meetings as past members are ousted. Online threats to Jewish or “Blairite” it’s real. Blackshirts brown shirts whatever. It is real, you can see it in the twisted faces of a certain sort of protester 

if it were a far right cadre, all of us, everyone, to a man and woman would protest, ignore, marginalise and quite rightly.

There are some solid folk on here who disagree with middle of the road mixed politics, fair enough. That solution might not be the right one.. who knows. BUT for crying out loud admit there is a big problem with your zealots .. very big, and for me while they are given an ounce of head room I’ll never go near them or what they espouse 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I guess he means me, because I have no issues with punching fascists. 

What about punching a marxist or a communist?  One that perhaps advocates violence against his conservative political rivals? 

Its a slippery road if you have no issues punching anyone regardless of their political persuasion imo.  Although it would have made the run up to the election more interesting ?

8 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Grow FFS.

Gboro reckons you're alluding to him.

Who are all the others then tough guy?

Go and search them out. 

I haven't the time to do it. Not for a random bloke on the Internet with anger management issues. 

Search for Antifa. Plenty of posts about Direct Action etc. 

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

What about punching a marxist or a communist?  One that perhaps advocates violence against his conservative political rivals? 

Its a slippery road if you have no issues punching anyone regardless of their political persuasion imo.  Although it would have made the run up to the election more interesting ?

And the persons definition of fascist. Which obviously is very different from person to person. Well, it is on here. You've been called a fascist, no? 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

And the persons definition of fascist. Which obviously is very different from person to person. Well, it is on here. You've been called a fascist, no? 

Yup, I'm guessing they're organising themselves into an orderly queue ?

Archived