The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Norman said:

Didn't know Tony Blair took all the decisions of all of the Labour Party. Stop trying to disasscoiate the Labour Party with certain politicians. You're massively guilty of the opposite in regards to the Conservatives. 

Tony Blair took the party on a different route. One that murdoch was happy to support. Now murdoch has took the entirety of his media might and turned it into full on attack on the Labour Party. 

It's not the same party. You know it. 

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

And do you honestly think Corbyn and Labour will address this? Really, honestly, wake up.

I'm certain he'll address it. I don't think that's in question at all. Surely the real question is were Labour to take charge and implement welfare reforms, would the economy suffer as a consequence? 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The strap line from the article linked...

So THAT'S why they call him Red Len! Union baron McCluskey enjoys several glasses of red wine while dining with a friend at a glitzy London eaterie... and is seen leaving with designer shopping

Shock horror. Man shares goes shopping, then has something to eat. 

Stop the world!!! 

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Andrew Neil the idiot interviewer. 

He makes the point that he has done 118 interviews during the campaign, as well as two TV debates with Jeremy Corbyn and two hour-long phone-ins – two more than the Labour leader. Why should he have to fit in No 119 with Neil?

Regardless, the criticism still grates.

At a press conference at the Kent County Showground yesterday, he mocked Neil, saying he also skipped a debate with his eccentric challenger Lord Buckethead who is standing against him in Uxbridge. ‘It’s not possible to fit everything in,’ he says with faux innocence

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7765699/amp/Boris-Johnson-discusses-fury-preached-Andrew-Neil.html

Or he's a coward. People will form their own opinions.

The Tory's have sent a proper Tory to 'contest' our Derbyshire Dales seat. She's a rich barrister from Essex, no link to the area whatsoever - and she's strolling around the area harvesting the souls and votes of the elderly rich constituents. She has a Facebook presence on which she mostly ignores comment and questions, but when she does reply you can actually feel the contempt. When people have pulled her up on her tone, the comments disappear. Like her leader, questions are never answered.

Screenshot_20191207-115321_Messenger.thumb.jpg.5abbdf1a3757c0377c8ade7af67d4af8.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-115309_Messenger.thumb.jpg.ca822955bb46f3af854f688e694d89d6.jpg

And she'll win. Easily. Derbyshire Dales is such a safe seat she might as well not bother walking the hills canvassing.

It is a bit disheartening knowing that my vote will ultimately count for nothing.

20 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Tony Blair took the party on a different route. One that murdoch was happy to support. Now murdoch has took the entirety of his media might and turned it into full on attack on the Labour Party. 

It's not the same party. You know it. 

It obviously isn't. So stop being hypocritical. 

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

He did miss his blows. One of the last questions was asking what punishment would be suitable for politicians who lie. That was gift to Jeremy and he didn't take it. He could have attacked boris's integrity and said he should be made to face the scrutiny of Andrew Neil and the climate debates instead of being allowed to be a coward. Could've roasted him there but he didn't.

I  politely disagree. This is debating 101, know what the other party will say. Boris would have been prepared for these kind of things. You've got to throw curve balls. 

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

The Tory's have sent a proper Tory to 'contest' our Derbyshire Dales seat. She's a rich barrister from Essex, no link to the area whatsoever - and she's strolling around the area harvesting the souls and votes of the elderly rich constituents. She has a Facebook presence on which she mostly ignores comment and questions, but when she does reply you can actually feel the contempt. When people have pulled her up on her tone, the comments disappear. Like her leader, questions are never answered.

Screenshot_20191207-115321_Messenger.thumb.jpg.5abbdf1a3757c0377c8ade7af67d4af8.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-115309_Messenger.thumb.jpg.ca822955bb46f3af854f688e694d89d6.jpg

And she'll win. Easily. Derbyshire Dales is such a safe seat she might as well not bother walking the hills canvassing.

It is a bit disheartening knowing that my vote will ultimately count for nothing.

Your not alone. My vote will count for nought too. And we'll be blessed again with an MP who came in at 597th best in the People Power Index:How did your MP score?

https://www.change.org/l/uk/the-people-power-index-how-did-your-mp-score?cs_tk=At59KiHkIL6-AhjX610AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvCIbi-yH44wFaZ1Pri9LkJA%3D&utm_campaign=e8507f9a108840429607c4f143f33b3b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=aa_editorial&utm_term=cs

3 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Your not alone. My vote will count for nought too. And we'll be blessed again with an MP who came in at 597th best in the People Power Index:How did your MP score?

https://www.change.org/l/uk/the-people-power-index-how-did-your-mp-score?cs_tk=At59KiHkIL6-AhjX610AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvCIbi-yH44wFaZ1Pri9LkJA%3D&utm_campaign=e8507f9a108840429607c4f143f33b3b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=aa_editorial&utm_term=cs

The good news is mine will ?

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Yes, Tony Blair advocated for public ownership. That's why he introduced PFI.

He spent a bit more on schools and hospitals, and that's about all. 

Tory Blair! a bloke with a megaphone in the centre of Chesterfield called him when I pointed out to him Labour started privatisation of the NHS. 

He doesn’t seem to associate with him. How did he become leader?? Did the party have a vote or didn’t that one count either? 

59 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Tory Blair! a bloke with a megaphone in the centre of Chesterfield called him when I pointed out to him Labour started privatisation of the NHS. 

He doesn’t seem to associate with him. How did he become leader?? Did the party have a vote or didn’t that one count either? 

Despite Brexit supporters denials, groups of people can change their minds. 

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I read today that there are 14 million people living below the poverty line. Don't ask me for a link, or argue its not 14 million, or the definition of poverty. Too many people are below where they should be. That's the measure of what right wing government delivers. We literally only have one alternative option at the ballot box. 

What is the poverty line? Is it based upon an average income into a household or is it an individual income. Is it the income v out goings is it based upon money left over for none essential items? What is classed as essential items and none essential items? I genuinely don’t know how it’s worked out.

Archived