The Politics Thread 2019

Day

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It's not true to say labour trashed the economy. External influences caused it, and the Tories have continued it.

What was the point of austerity?

uk_government_debt_in_cash.png

What was the point of not seeing the signs of over borrow and the sub prime housing market. 

All Labour governments trash the economy 

More union strikes until Maggie outlawed mass walk outs. 

Blair and Brown  didn’t see the signs and Northern Rock crashed. 

Austerity and quantitative easing at the time was needed. 

Darling I love you ?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It's not true to say labour trashed the economy. External influences caused it, and the Tories have continued it.

What was the point of austerity?

uk_government_debt_in_cash.png

I'm not particularly pro labour or Tory so, genuine question, if as you state, Labour didn't trash the economy but it was caused by external factors, would you also concede that the alleged damage done by the Tories was also caused in full or part by external factors? Or, do external factors only count when it comes to Labour?

As I say, genuine question as I'm no way ITK when it comes to politics. Interested in your view.

32 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not particularly pro labour or Tory so, genuine question, if as you state, Labour didn't trash the economy but it was caused by external factors, would you also concede that the alleged damage done by the Tories was also caused in full or part by external factors? Or, do external factors only count when it comes to Labour?

As I say, genuine question as I'm no way ITK when it comes to politics. Interested in your view.

I think the external factors can be alleviated by intervention by the government. But this government is ideologically opposed to this, and puts the brunt of the load on those who cannot easily pay it. Taxing higher earners is a more humane option. 

Look at this article from the trotskyist red top the Manchester Evening News. 

Screenshot_20191207-092019_Facebook.jpg

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I think the external factors can be alleviated by intervention by the government. But this government is ideologically opposed to this, and puts the brunt of the load on those who cannot easily pay it. Taxing higher earners is a more humane option. 

You mean renationalising companies.

Oh right great idea. 

PS The economy has to work for the poor to be ok as well. 

A thriving economy is the answer. 

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Did the labour government alleviate the external factors you are blaming for their time in office?

11 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

100%. Answer all questions with a soundbite... "Get Brexit Done" or "Lets Make America Great Again". 

Spoon feed that warm diarrhoea to the electorate.

And if any interviewer threatens to not let you get away with it, just don't turn up to the interview.

Both of them trotted out the same old lines. Corbyn made a mistake. He is the underdog. He needed to go all out and show real passion and land serious blows on Boris. But he didn't. Missed his last opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Both of them trotted out the same old lines. Corbyn made a mistake. He is the underdog. He needed to go all out and show real passion and land serious blows on Boris. But he didn't. Missed his last opportunity. 

His reluctance to attack and get personal is not helping labour, I give you that. But I think it's not his style, and it's honorable. Pity more politicians don't share this views.

15 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Who, the the Tories? They never represented the working classes. 

I meant the Labour party, but they both probably do as much for the working class as each other now, yet I think the Labour party are a bigger threat to our job security than the tories.

32 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I meant the Labour party, but they both probably do as much for the working class as each other now, yet I think the Labour party are a bigger threat to our job security than the tories.

I read today that there are 14 million people living below the poverty line. Don't ask me for a link, or argue its not 14 million, or the definition of poverty. Too many people are below where they should be. That's the measure of what right wing government delivers. We literally only have one alternative option at the ballot box. 

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I read today that there are 14 million people living below the poverty line. Don't ask me for a link, or argue its not 14 million, or the definition of poverty. Too many people are below where they should be. That's the measure of what right wing government delivers. We literally only have one alternative option at the ballot box. 

The crash and unable to recover Labour version taking massive risk with the economy. 

Oh i see 

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I won't ask for a link or argue the point, but when you see people queuing up outside certain meeting points and jumping in vans to do a days work for £50 a day because they haven't got the paperwork to work legally, you just know they are doing people out of a job that have got families to feed and bills to pay and can't afford to work for that amount. And with Labours open door policy, this will only get worse. What's the point in having a £10 an hour minimum wage when the illegals are working for £5? 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

He did miss his blows. One of the last questions was asking what punishment would be suitable for politicians who lie. That was gift to Jeremy and he didn't take it. He could have attacked boris's integrity and said he should be made to face the scrutiny of Andrew Neil and the climate debates instead of being allowed to be a coward. Could've roasted him there but he didn't.

21 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Think you forgot to mention that the poverty line hasn't moved since the very early 00's.

So nothing to do with the Tory government or the coalition. Pensioners are better off. Working adults aren't. 

But we all know why that is anyway. Wage compression etc. 

59 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Tony Blair did not, no. Not enough. 

Didn't know Tony Blair took all the decisions of all of the Labour Party. Stop trying to disasscoiate the Labour Party with certain politicians. You're massively guilty of the opposite in regards to the Conservatives. 

Andrew Neil the idiot interviewer. 

He makes the point that he has done 118 interviews during the campaign, as well as two TV debates with Jeremy Corbyn and two hour-long phone-ins – two more than the Labour leader. Why should he have to fit in No 119 with Neil?

Regardless, the criticism still grates.

At a press conference at the Kent County Showground yesterday, he mocked Neil, saying he also skipped a debate with his eccentric challenger Lord Buckethead who is standing against him in Uxbridge. ‘It’s not possible to fit everything in,’ he says with faux innocence

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7765699/amp/Boris-Johnson-discusses-fury-preached-Andrew-Neil.html

33 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

And do you honestly think Corbyn and Labour will address this? Really, honestly, wake up.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

And do you honestly think Corbyn and Labour will address this? Really, honestly, wake up.

Yes I honestly do. 

Honestly do you see Johnson doing anything different to his predecessors. Really, honestly, wake up. 

Something has to change. 

Archived