The Politics Thread 2019

Day

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Jewish woman is anti-Jewish.... hmmm.

But how is this an example of the Labour party not treating anti-Semitism seriously? She was suspended from the party. All I'm seeing is, there's anti-Semitism in life, in all parties, and Labour address it when they find it.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

But how is this an example of the Labour party not treating anti-Semitism seriously? She was suspended from the party. All I'm seeing is, there's anti-Semitism in life, in all parties, and Labour address it when they find it.

You saying there is no anti Semitic views in the Labour Party then. 

33 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Yet the Jewish wing of the Labour Party beg to differ with you. Who should I believe? 

If they are whiter than white on this issue, why has he not dealt with it? The classic I heard from him the other day was that before he led the party there were no polices.. Really, wonder why that could have been Mr Corbyn? Perhaps there was not an issue then. 

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Yet the Jewish wing of the Labour Party beg to differ with you. Who should I believe? 

If they are whiter than white on this issue, why has he not dealt with it? The classic I heard from him the other day was that before he led the party there were no polices.. Really, wonder why that could have been Mr Corbyn? Perhaps there was not an issue then. 

Who says he's (Corbyn) not dealt with clear cases of Anti-Semitism? Many things being labelled as anti-semitic are not actually anything more than raising concerns about Israel/Palestine.

There is a clear effort to undermine Corbyn from those who want to protect what they have.

40 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You saying there is no anti Semitic views in the Labour Party then. 

Where's he said that? Might be worth reading comments you reply to sometimes.

Since you're so concerned about this perhaps you'll also be outraged by the following...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/07/tories-investigate-three-candidates-over-alleged-antisemitism

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Who says he's (Corbyn) not dealt with clear cases of Anti-Semitism? Many things being labelled as anti-semitic are not actually anything more than raising concerns about Israel/Palestine.

There is a clear effort to undermine Corbyn from those who want to protect what they have.

His own party.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/08/jeremy-corbym-jewish-labour-party-antisemitism-general-election

2 second google result. To be honest, happy for you to prove me wrong.

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I see Johnson has had his “gaff” moment.  The guy is a complete tool.

Has he? Trying to work out what his "gaff" was.

Was it accusing Zaghari-Ratcliffe of being a spy, making the situation worse? Or failing to declare outside earnings to the house, or the letterbox comment, or "spaffed up the wall", or accusing the EU of wanting to inflict Nazi-style punishment beatings on the UK, or the row with his girlfriend making the papers, or the infamous "**** business" comment, or saying Sirte could be the new Dubai when they clear the dead bodies away, or discussing alcohol in a Sikh temple, or his poem in the Spectator about Erdogan having sex with a goat, or accusing Obama of being part Kenyan, or him smashing into a 10 year old in a rugby game, or getting stuck on the zipwire, or his editorial in the Spectator about Hillsborough, or "piccaninnies with watermelon smiles", or "tank-topped bumboys", or his comments on working class men being "drunk, criminal and feckless"...

Or has he come out with a new one?

28 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Has he? Trying to work out what his "gaff" was.

Was it accusing Zaghari-Ratcliffe of being a spy, making the situation worse? Or failing to declare outside earnings to the house, or the letterbox comment, or "spaffed up the wall", or accusing the EU of wanting to inflict Nazi-style punishment beatings on the UK, or the row with his girlfriend making the papers, or the infamous "**** business" comment, or saying Sirte could be the new Dubai when they clear the dead bodies away, or discussing alcohol in a Sikh temple, or his poem in the Spectator about Erdogan having sex with a goat, or accusing Obama of being part Kenyan, or him smashing into a 10 year old in a rugby game, or getting stuck on the zipwire, or his editorial in the Spectator about Hillsborough, or "piccaninnies with watermelon smiles", or "tank-topped bumboys", or his comments on working class men being "drunk, criminal and feckless"...

Or has he come out with a new one?

Oh wow now we have got you going. 

Doesn't change the fact Corbyn and Sturgeon are winkers 

47 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Precisely. Then there were anti semites but they were individuals on the fringes and outnumbered by the much much larger voice of the party in general which had always been a happy home for Jews. And let’s be clear, every party has its bigot wing. Without doubt there are racists in the Conservative party.

The point is that the new members and new order running the Labour Party now has a significant number who are either closet or active antisemites and many of them are in positions of power and influence. The face and voice of the Party has changed by a degree of magnitude. Corbyns election invited people to join who shared his economic agenda but a lot of those who joined because of that also subscribe to the Jewish Banker conspiracy stuff 

I don’t think Corbyn is anti Semitic, but the party he leads is now, and at an institutional level, which is why it is being investigated. 

Archived