Brentford FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

On the bright side, Boro, Forest, Preston and Sheff Wed all lost - so we maintain our standing in the fight v Bristol but we both advance a small step away from the rest of the pack. 

My thoughts too.

Frustrating watch, Brentford the better team but we had the much better chances. Failed to convert a couple of sitters and couldn't defend, a draw was probably fair. Not the end of the world but another missed opportunity. Thankfully Villa look the only team nailed on for a spot at the moment, all to play for. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

If we had Brentford’s defence we’d have won that comfortably. Great going forward, inept at the back. Fear that’s what’ll kill us, gotta be winning at places like this.

Still good going forward and a little way to go yet so

Yeah, I’m anniyed by this, but not too doom and gloomy. Throughout March scorings been our main problem. Looks like we’ve got our shooting boots back. 9 in 2 games. We won’t let in 3 every game. Keeps attacking like that and we’ll win more than we draw or loose and give ourselves every chance.

just got to cut out a couple of silly mistakes in defence. But that can be done. Far more worrying, I think, if you can’t buy a goal. 

And boglr must’ve added a zero to his selling price today. 

We were a good save (if you're being highly critical of Lawrence you could say he should score, but he had a good game so I won't be) away from making it 4-2 before the Tomori error and Keogh slip. Small margins.

On the other hand, we were VERY lucky not to be 3-2 down when Roos let a cross go through his hands.

One the other other hand, the Cole "dive" did look like a foul and a penalty to me. But I am inherently biased and the available footage is all a bit blurry. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Frustrating watch, Brentford the better team but we had the much better chances. Failed to convert a couple of sitters and couldn't defend, a draw was probably fair. Not the end of the world but another missed opportunity. Thankfully Villa look the only team nailed on for a spot at the moment, all to play for. 

Nah great watch

Rowetts 1-0 wins/losses were frustrating

Thats what we all wanted- exciting games

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Well that has pissed me right off. Throwing the lead away three times? Get a grip.

Nice to be playimg reqsonably well again but still not doing the basics at the back by the sounds of it.

Please tell me you took 4 quid?

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Nah great watch

Rowetts 1-0 wins/losses were frustrating

Thats what we all wanted- exciting games

Each to their own. Can't say I enjoyed it. We didn't really play well and played like clowns at the back, good point though, we move on. 

We were in danger of looking like a real team in previous games, this one is hopefully just a hiccup. 

Archived