Brentford FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

Thought ref was ok first half but his second half performance was truly embarrassing.

To even think the Cole was a dive, how do you process that? He fell hands first (natural reaction rather than a fake reaction) into somebody. You don’t choose to dive into somebody.

Some if the fouls missed second half were awful. 

Still our woeful defending cost us ultimately and that was not the refs fault. We should have had a pen and Lawrence must bury that chance and the game would have been out of sight.

Such a shame and makes Tueadays game really important.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s get it right, Brentford away is one of the toughest fixtures in the league. If their   away form was anything like their home form they would be well in the top 6. Don’t be drawn into the illusion we should beat them because they haven’t scored for 4 games. They had 60+ shots in those 4 games! At home they were playing well just not getting the results. We had a similar run under Mac a few seasons back, Forest came to PP with Derby having not scored in 4 matches, surely an away banker, Bryson hat trick said otherwise!!

Despite all this though, we should’ve have won yesterday. Created enough chances and with some better defending we would have done. What a far cry from a few weeks back when we couldn’t lay a glove on Millwall at home! Our attacking verve is back and with some better defending (of which we’re capable) then a decent haul of points is on the cards for the run in. Trouble is Villa keep winning and I think there is a stubbornness and a steel about Bristol this season that hasn’t been there before.

We can only worry about ourselves but we’re right in the mix! Tuesday is a big test, can we cope with physical sides as that has been our Achilles heel this season. With the other teams getting results, you have to say it’s a must win.

9 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Just got back after a long day. Great day out, good to see Mel mixing it with the fans at The Griffin beforehand. 

It was a very exciting game, not just for the goals but for the fact that every challenge seemed to prompt a fight.

Refereeing was awful, inconsistent, and bought Brentford’s relentless falling over. And that penalty! Dreadful decision.

Derby played really well in patches, as did Brentford. They sucked us in and hit us on the counter by switching the play very effectively. A better team would have scored more as we were exposed time and again in the second half in the full back areas.

Our spells involved us being a little more direct. 

Great to see Wilson among the goals, Mount grew into the game, Holmes fought well against players twice his size, Johnson battled well, great first goal by Bogle. Shame Lawrence couldn’t score from five yards to win us the game, but fair play to their keeper for reading it and sticking a leg out. 

Frustrating to score three times away and go ahead three times, and come away with just a point. But there were times when I thought we’d get none.

In all, a good day out and Derby can be pretty pleased with their efforts.

And was that you @loweman2 getting shirty with fans in the away end?!

Yes mate ???

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Let’s get it right, Brentford away is one of the toughest fixtures in the league. If their   away form was anything like their home form they would be well in the top 6. Don’t be drawn into the illusion we should beat them because they haven’t scored for 4 games. They had 60+ shots in those 4 games! At home they were playing well just not getting the results. We had a similar run under Mac a few seasons back, Forest came to PP with Derby having not scored in 4 matches, surely an away banker, Bryson hat trick said otherwise!!

Despite all this though, we should’ve have won yesterday. Created enough chances and with some better defending we would have done. What a far cry from a few weeks back when we couldn’t lay a glove on Millwall at home! Our attacking verve is back and with some better defending (of which we’re capable) then a decent haul of points is on the cards for the run in. Trouble is Villa keep winning and I think there is a stubbornness and a steel about Bristol this season that hasn’t been there before.

We can only worry about ourselves but we’re right in the mix! Tuesday is a big test, can we cope with physical sides as that has been our Achilles heel this season. With the other teams getting results, you have to say it’s a must win.

Great post, agree with this 100 percent, nice to be playing some good football again, players looking like they want the ball, and yes Blackburn will be tough but hoping for a 2-1 Rams win, also think if Waghorn is injured, Jack will get another chance, and will score with Mount getting the other one, 6 cup finals left, I think we will just scrape into the top 6.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 14:25, admira said:

It's a direct train to Brentford from Waterloo (30 mins and regular) so Piccadilly line to Leicester Square and Northern line to Waterloo is your best bet (16 minutes)

appreciate the advice cheers...

cant remember which line I got on though ended up going towards Vauxhall? but hopped off at Victoria following other derby fans by accident haha think they had pre-planned beers outside the station there? got the London bridge train and got off at clapham common, from there got the train to Richmond and had a pint in the railway tavern, then the 65 bus to kew gardens, couple in the express tavern (superb boozer! good mix of rams & Brentford fans in there) then took the 15/20 min walk to the griffin...

glad I had checked and found out that they didn't serve alcohol to away fans...happily tucking into a pie whilst other derby fans looking very cheesed off after finding out!

that's my 22nd of 92 and arguably best away day so far! superb atmosphere in the lower tier, got caught in the pile on after Wilson's 2nd goal, took a few elbows in the back of the head for good measure but all worth it!

On 06/04/2019 at 18:17, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

Evidently I have to spell out the point I was making because you didn't catch on. The fact that you're complaining that we're dropping points to "teams like Brentford" whilst you're not acknowledging that other sides are also slipping up against EVEN WEAKER opponents. So how on Earth does your logic mean we would never get into the playoffs? The mind boggles. If you wanna sit there and spout this "realistic" BS at me, then so be it, however if we're keeping it 100% real, we are two points off the playoffs with a game in hand over Villa and have a very credible chance at getting in the playoffs. We even play Bristol City so it's in our hands. So "realistically" we have a very good chance at making the playoffs and if anyone's being unrealistic it's you for thinking that we have absolutely no chance. So maybe try being a little bit hopeful and not spout negative opinions when we've gone unbeaten for 5 games in a row?  Thanks.

Yeah right.

You were actually incorrect regarding the game in hand too. But that did nt surprise me.

Maybe you should be more realistic in your assessment?

Archived