Brentford FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

Cracking atmosphere and top day out. 9 goals in 2 games sums up why this side is so difficult to write off when we have a full strength team. In addition to the usual subjects, Praise for Bogle for his finish, for Mason Bennett for a hard working centre forward stint, for Duane Holmes for commitment to stick his foot in. Of course we should have had a penalty, but then we had a bit of luck when Roos dropped the ball too. Lawrence just doesnt seem suited to the wide player tracking back. 4 full England internationals on the bench (and a Scottish one) which might be a first for us. That away game at Bristol might be quite important.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Shouting racial abuse is so ducking moronic I just can’t get my head round it. What is really pathetic is that the idiot responsible supports a team that has a number of black players in its first team. It’s that level of nasty gormless stupidity that angers me.

I hope Duane supports a prosecution and this fuckwit is banned for life from watching Brentford.

Couple of years ago someone said something to Brighton player at pride park (and was roundly condemned)

Sith Happens
35 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Shouting racial abuse is so ducking moronic I just can’t get my head round it. What is really pathetic is that the idiot responsible supports a team that has a number of black players in its first team. It’s that level of nasty gormless stupidity that angers me.

I hope Duane supports a prosecution and this fuckwit is banned for life from watching Brentford.

I think euthanasia is a better option myself. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Couple of years ago someone said something to Brighton player at pride park (and was roundly condemned)

Yes and rightly so.

Just don't get it. Oxygen thief's.

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, Rambled said:

I have no idea whether there was any abuse directed to Duane or not but feel when you see comments like those below trying to eradicate racism from football seems along way from happening 

8C743D6B-60D8-4840-9223-535A0DB1B262.png

Considering the bloke has been arrested i think chris twatneck should duck off.

BTW..There? Moron.

47 minutes ago, Rambled said:

I have no idea whether there was any abuse directed to Duane or not but feel when you see comments like those below trying to eradicate racism from football seems along way from happening 

8C743D6B-60D8-4840-9223-535A0DB1B262.png

Reckon he needs a name change from fatwhit to fattw--, I'll let you lot fill in the rest.

56 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@froggg did I see you in the away end today with your lad? If it was you, I was the one with the hoarse voice behind you.

No mate was out with the wife in the New Forest, gutted about the the last goal, did you have a good day out?

Anyway about the game today....

I really enjoyed it. I wasn’t best pleased at how open we were at the back but having a good view of the first two Brentford goals they both came from very good crosses that were very difficult to defend.

When our third went in I can honestly say the terrace behind the goal went mad. I can’t remember people jumping around like that for a long time only for the celebrations to be short lived when Brentford equalised.

Other observations were Bryson strengthened us a bit in midfield. Holmes did ok but he was losing out a lot in the first half to some pretty big strong midfielders.

Lawrence missed a golden chance to put us 4-2 up which I think would have won us the game. Mount was unlucky and hit the post.

Brentford has a lot of the ball but I thought we had the better chances. 

The ref, to me, was inconsistent. He was quick to book our players but not the Brentford players and I still don’t know how the foul on Cole wasn’t a penalty.

Overall a good day out, just a shame we couldn’t hold on to the lead.

Just got back after a long day. Great day out, good to see Mel mixing it with the fans at The Griffin beforehand. 

It was a very exciting game, not just for the goals but for the fact that every challenge seemed to prompt a fight.

Refereeing was awful, inconsistent, and bought Brentford’s relentless falling over. And that penalty! Dreadful decision.

Derby played really well in patches, as did Brentford. They sucked us in and hit us on the counter by switching the play very effectively. A better team would have scored more as we were exposed time and again in the second half in the full back areas.

Our spells involved us being a little more direct. 

Great to see Wilson among the goals, Mount grew into the game, Holmes fought well against players twice his size, Johnson battled well, great first goal by Bogle. Shame Lawrence couldn’t score from five yards to win us the game, but fair play to their keeper for reading it and sticking a leg out. 

Frustrating to score three times away and go ahead three times, and come away with just a point. But there were times when I thought we’d get none.

In all, a good day out and Derby can be pretty pleased with their efforts.

And was that you @loweman2 getting shirty with fans in the away end?!

Archived