Brentford FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this one. Coach from Nottingham... saving some pennies. I've even got a pass to stay over at my mates after the game rather than come straight back. Let's hope the game doesn't ruin what could be a cracking weekend.

20 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

First and last trip for me to Griffin park ! On the train , where do folks usually go for a drink and a jolly good sing song before the game , Brentford itself or somewhere in London ? Muchas Gracias

Chance to stand on the last remaining terrace in the championship I think.

Good little ground and the locals have always been decent. 

By the time we play we'll have dropped out of the playoff places given Boro host Bristol City  on Tuesday (draw please).

Brentford who always flatter to deceive are in that very last chance saloon needing to win every remaining game to have some prospect of finishing in the playoff places (with 74 points and a good goal difference). Realistically that makes this an end of season nothing game for them already. Does that mean they're already on the beach (in Dubai?) and might be swept aside, or does it mean they play with freedom and no pressure and cause us problems?

Gotta expect it to be the same team for us. A week on from hitting Rotherham for six we should be fast out of the blocks. Again an early goal will work wonders, and an early two goals would see the team overflow with confidence. With the U23s going out in the Cup tonight I've been wondering if the club from top to bottom has enough of a winning mentality. The fine win on Saturday will count for very little if the first team shrinks back into its shell at the weekend.

It's time for the lads to stand up and be counted and prove that they want promotion and are prepared to barge their rivals out of the way and reach for the prize with both hands. Come on you Rams! ??????

Looking forward to this. First trip to Brentford since the late 1980s. Don't suppose it's changed much.

Not a ground we travel well to, but as @Carl Sagan says above, we need to come out all guns blazing Rotherham-style, not roll over Forest/Villa-style.

Every game's a must win from hereon in.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and guess that we'll have better possession stats than the corresponding fixture last season. I'm hoping that Mason Mount is gonna go on a goal scoring streak. Just before he got injured he went on a baron run in a goal scoring sense and it seemed to affect his instinctive ability. His goal on Saturday will have done wonders for his self confidence.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and guess that we'll have better possession stats than the corresponding fixture last season. I'm hoping that Mason Mount is gonna go on a goal scoring streak. Just before he got injured he went on a baron run in a goal scoring sense and it seemed to affect his instinctive ability. His goal on Saturday will have done wonders for his self confidence.

Their fans won't believe the transformation. It was Bees fans who first called it "anti-football". 

9 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Good lord......?

Feeling good about this one. Stoke was a huge step forward in performance, and with Mount back we were even better again on Saturday. They play good stuff but they will give us chances. We have to be positive and take the game to them. If we do, and we take our ruthlessness from Rotherham into this game, no reason why it can’t be another West Brom performance and result. With our difficult run in the only way we can make certain of playoffs is to play at the level we did in October and November. We can do it.

COYR!

I’ll be doing my best to boss midfield again if the gaffer picks me.

meanwhile .. it could be that the super tanker is gaining momentum 

Mount, Holmes, Wilson bouncing off each other : check

Malone and Bogle learning how to cross : check

Wagman .. hitting the net : check

Keogh ever present rock : check

Lawrence on it in his own singular way : check

Tomori : future England CB: check 

Roos getting it out quick : check

COYR ?

45 minutes ago, jono said:

I’ll be doing my best to boss midfield again if the gaffer picks me.

meanwhile .. it could be that the super tanker is gaining momentum 

Mount, Holmes, Wilson bouncing off each other : check

Malone and Bogle learning how to cross : check

Wagman .. hitting the net : check

Keogh ever present rock : check

Lawrence on it in his own singular way : check

Tomori : future England CB: check 

Roos getting it out quick : check

Mel signing them: cheques 

COYR ?

FTFY?

Archived