Brentford FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t complain about the entertainment. Three goals and a lot of fight shown by both sides. 

Terraces make the experience so much better. The scenes when each of the goals went in were incredible, though I imagine some of the older fans were glad that there was a seating option!

Thought Bogle, Mount, Lawrence and Wilson were excellent going forward. Bogle in particular is going from strength to strength and has completely convinced me. Obviously, we were poor at the back and that needs to be worked on.

The fans were brilliant today. Loved the new Wilson song and ‘Lampard’s at the Wheel’ is becoming a favourite.

On paper, today wasn’t a good day due to other results going against us. I don’t think we’ll be disheartened though and I’m hopeful that we can bounce back. All in all, a great day out.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Can’t complain about the entertainment. Three goals and a lot of fight shown by both sides. 

Terraces make the experience so much better. The scenes when each of the goals went in were incredible, though I imagine some of the older fans were glad that there was a seating option!

Thought Bogle, Mount, Lawrence and Wilson were excellent going forward. Bogle in particular is going from strength to strength and has completely convinced me. Obviously, we were poor at the back and that needs to be worked on.

The fans were brilliant today. Loved the new Wilson song and ‘Lampard’s at the Wheel’ is becoming a favourite.

On paper, today wasn’t a good day due to other results going against us. I don’t think we’ll be disheartened though and I’m hopeful that we can bounce back. All in all, a great day out.

Forest boro sheff wed lost.. bristol drew last minute

On a positive note we scored 3 away goals, Kammy on Sky thought we should have had a "Stone Waller" of a penalty and we are still fighting for a play off spot. 

To balance that out with a bit of negativity to please quite a lot of posters on here, if we make the play offs we might have to play Aston Villa at some point, who are already beating us 7-0 on aggregate. Oh what the hell, let's play them at Wembley and beat them 8-0 and we can all wear our full Derby County kits with boots and shin pads on (like John Terry does) and get on the pitch at full time and all get in the Team Celebration Photograph.

Bagsie Inverurie Ram gets to swig a load of champagne before squirting a bottle load at the Aberdeenshire Rams!

Up The Rams.

Funny game to watch that 

V enjoyable in patches , very frustrating in patches 

We can go from sumptuous intricate passages of play to treating the ball like a red hot potato that nobody wants to take ownership of 

in the main a good point being as how Brentford is such a tricky place to go to but it drives me totally up be wall how easy we are to break down at times 

still in the mix so not all bad 

To be team capable of promotion we need to be beating the Brentfords of this league.

Looks like Villa will demolish those in the play offs.

Looking forward to a clear out in the summer and a proper promotion push next season.

It’s difficult to be frustrated. In fact, I am completely relaxed.

At the end of the day, if we miss out on the play-offs, it’s not because of games like today’s.

Compared to 3-4 weeks ago and the horror shows v Forest and Villa, a result and scoreline like today’s can only be encouraging. We are unbeaten in five now. We have scored 9 in our last two games. Our key players are finding their way back into form.

We still have a very good chance of finishing in the top six. We’ll be level on points with Villa if we win our game in hand, Middlesbrough have fallen off a cliff, and Bristol City keep giving us openings. 

So what is there to be frustrated about? A win v Blackburn in midweek and we are right on course to finish in the top 6, which is remarkable really.

If the teams around us were in any way consistent, we wouldn’t even be in the conversation.

15 minutes ago, toddy said:

To be team capable of promotion we need to be beating the Brentfords of this league.

Looking forward to a clear out in the summer and a proper promotion push next season.

That’s what we like to see, lots of positivity ?

22 minutes ago, toddy said:

That's such a harsh comment to make. Brentford are the 6th best team at home this season. To get a point and have an argument that we should've won it are massive steps forward from the demolition suffered at the hands of Villa. Surely Bristol City should be beating teams like Wigan at home, and Forest should beat Rotherham at this stage of the season. Yet, we have no chance because we drew with a side who have won 11/19 home league games this season.

27 minutes ago, toddy said:

Screenshot 2019-04-06 at 17.50.25.png

Archived