Brentford FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In our last 6 visits to Griffin Park in all competitions, we have lost 3 times and have won just once, and that solitary win was three years ago!

When we look back and put things into perspective, we’ll see this as a valuable point earned after a competitive game.

I could reel off 7 or 8 results that have been far more damaging to our promotion chances, to be honest.

14 minutes ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

That's such a harsh comment to make. Brentford are the 6th best team at home this season. To get a point and have an argument that we should've won it are massive steps forward from the demolition suffered at the hands of Villa. Surely Bristol City should be beating teams like Wigan at home, and Forest should beat Rotherham at this stage of the season. Yet, we have no chance because we drew with a side who have won 11/19 home league games this season.

They are a mid table team who had not scored a goal in 4 games was it?

Never mentioned Bristol nor Forest not interested in either side.

People still think promotion is on.?

I do wish fans would be more realistic.

We are a million miles from being a team capable of promotion, in boxing terms we have punching above our weight most of the season.

I would settle for finishing 7th and have a good clear out this summer, let FL bring in those he wants at the club. We can have a proper push next season.?

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

They are a mid table team who had not scored a goal in 4 games was it?

Never mentioned Bristol nor Forest not interested in either side.

People still think promotion is on.?

I do wish fans would be more realistic.

We are a million miles from being a team capable of promotion, in boxing terms we have punching above our weight most of the season.

I would settle for finishing 7th and have a good clear out this summer, let FL bring in those he wants at the club. We can have a proper push next season.?

Evidently I have to spell out the point I was making because you didn't catch on. The fact that you're complaining that we're dropping points to "teams like Brentford" whilst you're not acknowledging that other sides are also slipping up against EVEN WEAKER opponents. So how on Earth does your logic mean we would never get into the playoffs? The mind boggles. If you wanna sit there and spout this "realistic" BS at me, then so be it, however if we're keeping it 100% real, we are two points off the playoffs with a game in hand over Villa and have a very credible chance at getting in the playoffs. We even play Bristol City so it's in our hands. So "realistically" we have a very good chance at making the playoffs and if anyone's being unrealistic it's you for thinking that we have absolutely no chance. So maybe try being a little bit hopeful and not spout negative opinions when we've gone unbeaten for 5 games in a row?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

On a positive note we scored 3 away goals, Kammy on Sky thought we should have had a "Stone Waller" of a penalty and we are still fighting for a play off spot. 

To balance that out with a bit of negativity to please quite a lot of posters on here, if we make the play offs we might have to play Aston Villa at some point, who are already beating us 7-0 on aggregate. Oh what the hell, let's play them at Wembley and beat them 8-0 and we can all wear our full Derby County kits with boots and shin pads on (like John Terry does) and get on the pitch at full time and all get in the Team Celebration Photograph.

Bagsie Inverurie Ram gets to swig a load of champagne before squirting a bottle load at the Aberdeenshire Rams!

Up The Rams.

I’d take a 93rd minute 1-0 win...... not bothered about the 7 goal deficit ?

The play offs are a real possibility and very much in our hands, but I agree with Toddy in that I think promotion will prove a bridge too far.

Imagine we finish 6th. Would you fancy us against Leeds, who we haven’t laid a glove on in 180 minutes of football this season?  Or similarly Villa in a hypothetical final for that matter?

For me, promotion would be a pleasant surprise and a huge bonus.

I don’t feel like we are ready and to be honest, since the turn of the year, my focus has shifted to next season.

All I want is a respectable finish and some momentum to carry into next season.

Five games unbeaten. We’re on track!

55 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Just heard a Brentford supporter has been arrested for racially abusive behaviour towards Holmes. What is wrong with these people. It is totally despicable. Can't say I've ever heard racial abuse at Pride Park or the BBG and I hope I never do.

Shouting racial abuse is so ducking moronic I just can’t get my head round it. What is really pathetic is that the idiot responsible supports a team that has a number of black players in its first team. It’s that level of nasty gormless stupidity that angers me.

I hope Duane supports a prosecution and this fuckwit is banned for life from watching Brentford.

31 minutes ago, David said:

Talk to me about that ref, bit of a plonker wasn't he?

Wasn’t the best, made rod for his back early on giving everything

Archived