Jayden Bogle

Sean

Sounds like Brighton are getting serious with some of their transfer moves, though a little ambitious in this one imo. Brighton are my favourites for bottom place next year, sorry to any seagull fans viewing, as a fanbase I like you but that team was dire last year. Bogle if he left would be better elsewhere, personally tho think he should stay and get another year as first choice. He’s got great potential and I reckon is already good enough for the prem, but I’d wait another year before cashing in as I think we’d get better value if he has more experience than we would now.

Whole think sounds like balls anyway, though we anticipate interest at some point- why wouldn’t there be after the season he’s had? Just hope we can keep hold of him as he’d be hard to replace and be worth at least 50% more next summer with another season under his belt imo. Was only getting better towards the end of the campaign.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17692885.albion-hunt-is-on-to-replace-bruno/

Albion are fully aware of the 18-year-old’s huge promise but are understood to be puzzled by suggestions they are already involved in talks over a deal.

Albion want a senior right-back to compete with and support Martin Montoya.

---

Our local paper is generally pretty good with this sort of thing. I would imagine this info on us being puzzled and looking for a senior right back has come from the club. So for me that confirms that this was just paper talk.

Dan James is going from 4K to 67k a week when he joins Man U

Can’t help thinking that’s a massive gulf and would turn a head for any young footballer who wants to play at top level

I hope he gives us one more season 

4 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Dan James is going from 4K to 67k a week when he joins Man U

Can’t help thinking that’s a massive gulf and would turn a head for any young footballer who wants to play at top level

I hope he gives us one more season 

It’s also why Man United have a company strength of players on very large sums of money who are going nowhere 

I really like Dan James, he’s got a raw ability about him that could see him go far in the game. All that being said, I just don’t see the logic or need in throwing that much money down on him? I guess it’s to bring him inline with other wages in the squad, but it’s just not needed. 

On 01/06/2019 at 18:51, RamNut said:

No reason to sell.

he will only get better and increase in value.

fiddling the books, and releasing loads of players should keep the ffp wolf from the door.

And give Steve Gibson sleepless nights into the bargain ?

We definitely should keep Bogle for another season. Value will increase and we get a top quality player for 46games 

3 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

We definitely should keep Bogle for another season. Value will increase and we get a top quality player for 46games 

Hopefully. If Bogle can go on and improve next season as you say his value will only increase.

I say hopefully as I’ve seen a young Derby player which was highly rated pick up a serious injury, missed a lot of games, never really hit the same levels and then sold on for a small fee as there was little interest.  

It’s the gamble you take when trading in humans, anything can happen, with no crystal balls you try and make the right call at the time.

Sounds a bit morbid this post, not intentional, I just don’t want to be thinking we have a £20m right back we can sell next summer and if an offer which benefits the club now comes in and it allows Lampard to strengthen a couple of areas in the team, I wouldn’t be opposed to saying thanks and good luck.

Not that I would be actively trying to flog the lad, just if an offer comes in which I’m half expecting will to be honest. Premier League Clubs love them young and English.

1 hour ago, sage said:

If Lampard goes to Chelsea, Bogle could well follow him with a loan back clause.

Happy Days

The only reason Lampard will be their manager is because of their transfer ban and no other manager in the world wants it. I know this for a fact because I read it on twitter ?

2 hours ago, Jase116 said:

I'm on holiday right now, and a scunthorpe scout is stopping in my hotel, he says pep at man city likes bogle, but not sure if they will make a bid.

At least it wasn’t a coach at Southampton 

3 hours ago, Igorlegend11 said:

I can see him shouting out the name Mel over and over as he starts dozing off.  Or screaming his name thrashing around at 3 in the morning .  I reckon Mr's Gibson will be more pissed with Morris than her husband.

4 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why on earth are you holidaying in Scunthorpe ? 

Thankfully I'm not, ?? there hoping to get one of our lads on loan, raves over sibley,thinks bird and the young winger Mitchell Lawson are really good prospects. 

On 13/06/2019 at 09:44, Penelope Pendrex said:

Bogle isn't nearly ready defensively for the Premier League, so a loan back would be ideal for all parties of we can get a boat load of cash. I just hope we don't spend it all on Wilson.

im saying this tongue in cheek but one might say

Kyle Walker still isn’t ready defensively for the premiership  either lol, but does alright for himself ?

modern day full backs seem more about what they can do going forward on the ball the defensively off it 

devils advocate and all that 

Archived