Jayden Bogle

Sean

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how our own fans try to auction off our own players... we always complain about loyalty but then do this...

Personally I don't want to sell Bogle, we have a long history of showing we will blow the money on someone not half as good and older. 

For me its no signings, unless loans, or ones we can develop. Let's build from within.

Bogle has got better and better under FL & JM and his leaving is inevitable I think, at some point.  BUT at his age I think another season with us will only benefit him and increase his value even more.  I'm sorry but with the money available to PL outfits, and the current market, £10m is well under valued for someone of Bogle's skill and potential, even if another keeper is thrown in (unless it's someone like De Gea!).  Keep hold or hold out for way more. 

20 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I love how our own fans try to auction off our own players... we always complain about loyalty but then do this...

Personally I don't want to sell Bogle, we have a long history of showing we will blow the money on someone not half as good and older. 

For me its no signings, unless loans, or ones we can develop. Let's build from within.

We've also shown a lot of history of holding onto players until they're worth nowhere near what they should have been worth.

FWIW, £15m and we will talk, £10m is a no.

I would sell Bogle to bring in Tomori. I think Tomori is one of the best CBs I've seen at this level. I was very wrong as I thought his first few performances were terrible. He's been a revelation ever since. £10m for a CB who will see you through for the next 12 years is more than reasonable! 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Money on a rehash of links (that Radio Derby have already nonsensed) we already knew about.

Derby County have received no direct contact from clubs regarding Jayden Bogle, Derbyshire Live understands, but there is likely to be interest in the highly-rated young defender following an impressive debut season.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/latest-jayden-bogle-future-after-2949233?0

Their is no loyalty in football. if he had a chance of playing in the prem, he would be silly not to take it, its ok saying stay with us and their could be a chance of going up, reality is though we are a championship club, and have been for years. 

Thing is he had a great final half to his season but he is a long way from the finished article. There is some work to do on tackling and cross stopping. I’d love to see an 18 year old from our academy blossom to become a complete player at 22. 

10 million for Jayden at this point represents, for the buyer, a gamble .. he could be a 50 million player in 4 years time. He could also be a busy, skilled attacking championship RB who doesn’t take the step forward. 

Its interesting ... as an ordinary champ club in mid table you’d sell for 10 million and grin all the way to the bank. But when you’re knocking on the door of the prem .. maybe you want to hang on. I would I know that. 

3 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Their is no loyalty in football. if he had a chance of playing in the prem, he would be silly not to take it, its ok saying stay with us and their could be a chance of going up, reality is though we are a championship club, and have been for years. 

Don’t think it’s a loyalty question for Bogle, as clearly a lad been here 2 years coming from Swindon is not the same as Will Hughes or even Bennett coming through the ranks; he owes no loyalty other than Derby and Frank gave him his big break.

So more depends who’s knocking on your door. Say Brighton, chances are even with a new manager, 12 months time they too could be a championship club.

Stay at Derby, continue learning your trade, honing your trade under a supportive manager that gave you your big break, so high chance of guaranteed game time or move to Prem team, for more money and to continue your learning under the spotlight more, with added pressure of having to step up against more difficult opponents.

Some would relish the challenge, yet at his age, he has plenty of time on his side. Playing regular games should be the motive for Bogle right now unless he’s told by Derby we want to cash in, he’d be daft to step up right now at 18. Stuck with the Rams and at 19 he could still be a Premiership player.

52 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Brighton can launch what they like. We’ll more than likely be passing them by on the way up next season. No way he’ll go to a struggling side like that. Another season with us and he’d be worth minimum £15m

Last year we had the 11 mill from selling Vydra. If we don't sell Bogle where is the money coming from to fund any new signings or bring in loans ?

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Brighton can launch what they like. We’ll more than likely be passing them by on the way up next season. No way he’ll go to a struggling side like that. Another season with us and he’d be worth minimum £15m

We sold Will Hughes for a handful of magic beans. I don't think we will sell Bogle for £10 mill, but everything we do these days is dictated by ffp. If Frank wants to make any significant changes to the team he needs to sell someone and Bogle is the only player we have in the first team who has any real value at the moment.

3 hours ago, jono said:

Thing is he had a great final half to his season but he is a long way from the finished article. There is some work to do on tackling and cross stopping. I’d love to see an 18 year old from our academy blossom to become a complete player at 22. 

10 million for Jayden at this point represents, for the buyer, a gamble .. he could be a 50 million player in 4 years time. He could also be a busy, skilled attacking championship RB who doesn’t take the step forward. 

Its interesting ... as an ordinary champ club in mid table you’d sell for 10 million and grin all the way to the bank. But when you’re knocking on the door of the prem .. maybe you want to hang on. I would I know that. 

No one made more tackles for Derby than Bogle

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Bogle will be off and we'll get three decent players, possibly from the lower leagues. When you get to a Championship play off final you have to win or your players get pinched. If Villa stayed down the likes of Grealish would be off. It's the nature of modern football. 

Then it all comes down to good recruitment. Norwich being the prime example. 

Archived