Jayden Bogle

Sean

We've been linked to quite a few right backs as we're short there due to Bruno's retirement.

So it makes sense that he'd be one of many on our radar but if I were a Derby fan I wouldn't be unduly worried.

We tried to get Liam Moore last summer from Reading but they wanted £15m so we ended up getting Dan Burn for £4m instead.

Going on the past two seasons fees in the region of £15m tend to be reserved for strikers/wingers.  So I doubt we're really in the market for Championship players valued much above £10m but it'll inevitably depend on the pool of players we've identified and whose available for the best price. 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

We've been linked to quite a few right backs as we're short there due to Bruno's retirement.

So it makes sense that he'd be one of many on our radar but if I were a Derby fan I wouldn't be unduly worried.

We tried to get Liam Moore last summer from Reading but they wanted £15m so we ended up getting Dan Burn for £4m instead.

Going on the past two seasons fees in the region of £15m tend to be reserved for strikers/wingers.  So I doubt we're really in the market for Championship players valued much above £10m but it'll inevitably depend on the pool of players we've identified and whose available for the best price. 

That Dan Burn played against us in the cup didn't he? Massive bloke

Definitely has to be 8 figures. Huge future in the game. Looking how he's come along in just this season.

The one thing I always notice with young talent is that sometimes they play like a kid. Nerves, enthusiasm, erratic. Bogle is similar to Will Hughes before him as the next big talent in this respect. It didn't take long for Will to stop playing like a kid and start looking like a man out there. Bogle's composure wasn't always there at the start of the season, and he played like a boy. But it didn't take very long and now he plays like a man.

Bennett for example took quite a while to stop playing like a kid, he's only just stopped this season imo.

17 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

I can't see Brighton forking out enough for a full back that we'd sell

Could more likely see Potter speculating on a cheeky bid for Naughton?

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I can't see Brighton forking out enough for a full back that we'd sell

Could more likely see Potter speculating on a cheeky bid for Naughton?

Haha, I'd be very surprised if we wanted Naughton! We signed a right-back, Montoya, last summer for £6m and a left-back, Bernardo, for £9m. That is probably a fairly good ball park for the sort of fee I think we'd be prepared to spend. So given the fees posted on here that you'd be looking at for Bogle I tend to agree with you tbh. 

5 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

Haha, I'd be very surprised if we wanted Naughton! We signed a right-back, Montoya, last summer for £6m and a left-back, Bernardo, for £9m. That is probably a fairly good ball park for the sort of fee I think we'd be prepared to spend. So given the fees posted on here that you'd be looking at for Bogle I tend to agree with you tbh. 

Oh I'd be surprised too - It was a logic jump for an affordable RB with PL experience who has worked with Potter

We let Vydra go last year to provide funds to improve the team so it's feasible we might do the same again - But I would imagine we'll be holding out for a massive fee for someone like Bogle

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can't believe we will get more than 10 mill for Bogle.....but wouldn't surprise me to see him go, he cost nothing and will enable us to build the squad. Not sure where else the money is coming from?

Lots of players going off the wage bill. I think I remember Mel saying in the Fans Forum that it's a real sizeable chunk which will give us enough to bring players in whilst staying within FFP. (7 out, 2 in?)

1 hour ago, Shang said:

Lots of players going off the wage bill. I think I remember Mel saying in the Fans Forum that it's a real sizeable chunk which will give us enough to bring players in whilst staying within FFP. (7 out, 2 in?)

Yes, but don't think we will be spending big fees, mainly loans and freebies, that is my guess....

No reason to sell.

he will only get better and increase in value.

fiddling the books, and releasing loads of players should keep the ffp wolf from the door.

Archived