Jayden Bogle

Sean

The thing is it appears we don’t have to sell because of the manoeuvres that Mel has been able to do. So that means the likes of Watford and Brighton can’t prey on us getting our player on the cheap. But on the other hand if we choose to sell because the deal is right for us and enables us to wheel and deal I’d say fair enough if that’s what the manager wants to to do 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what percentage of the sale Swindon would be getting if we sold Bogle? For a player of his age, that would likely be a sizeable chunk of money we won't be getting.

30 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

10-15M + Walton could be shrewd business, but we need to factor in the price of a new right back of the same standard too. I still think Wisdom can do a job but ideally we'd want someone ahead of him. 

God no!

12 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Barely had a sniff this season, was very reliable the year before. People are far too fast to right players off. 

Well, it's a good job you aren't our manager. He was ''reliable'' the season before, in a completely different formation, under a different manager. The games he played under Lampard he looked out of his depth because he can't play as an overlapping fullback. It's not writing him off too fast, he's never demonstrated being able to play that way, and he's probably too old to change that now.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well, it's a good job you aren't our manager. He was ''reliable'' the season before, in a completely different formation, under a different manager. The games he played under Lampard he looked out of his depth because he can't play as an overlapping fullback. It's not writing him off too fast, he's never demonstrated being able to play that way, and he's probably too old to change that now.

Maybe but just like Chris Martin we own him and we pay him and if we can’t sell him then play him if needs be 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe but just like Chris Martin we own him and we pay him and if we can’t sell him then play him if needs be 

Why should we play him for the sake of it? He can't play the way Lampard wants, he's more of a hindrance than a help. We've never really see if Martin can do it, whereas Wisdom has played, and looked bad, multiple times this season.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why should we play him for the sake of it? He can't play the way Lampard wants, he's more of a hindrance than a help. We've never really see if Martin can do it, whereas Wisdom has played, and looked bad, multiple times this season.

If needs be was the phrase I used - and if we sell Bogle it might be our best option 

Just now, Sparkle said:

If needs be was the phrase I used - and if we sell Bogle it might be our best option 

Fair enough. If we sell Bogle without a backup planned, we'll struggle badly next season, Wisdom can't play it. Would rather see an academy right back get a chance if they are capable of playing it rather than Wisdom.

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He played a handful of games, some even at left back, at the start of the season when we had different people in the side and the players were still working out the style - as was Lampard. He also did show some attacking ability under Rowett playing as a wing-back. Cardiff at home in the 3-1 was one of his best games in a Derby shirt. He also got forward lots under Mac1 and had an incredible season. I'm not arguing that he is amazing, or even reliable for a whole season with Frank next year, but the assertion that he is simply deadwood and offers little to nothing is ridiculous. Too old to change? He has just turned 26, how on earth is that too old to learn and improve. 

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

He played a handful of games, some even at left back, at the start of the season when we had different people in the side and the players were still working out the style - as was Lampard. He also did show some attacking ability under Rowett playing as a wing-back. Cardiff at home in the 3-1 was one of his best games in a Derby shirt. He also got forward lots under Mac1 and had an incredible season. I'm not arguing that he is amazing, or even reliable for a whole season with Frank next year, but the assertion that he is simply deadwood and offers little to nothing is ridiculous. Too old to change? He has just turned 26, how on earth is that too old to learn and improve. 

1.) Attacking ability under Rowett? 3 assists in 30 games, isn't that for me.

For reference, Bogle got 9 assists and 2 goals in 40 games.

2.) Under Mac1, he rarely went past the half way line. Again, 3 assists (in a very attacking side) in 34 appearances, 37 if you include playoffs.

3.) Then why hasn't he previously shown any ability to improve attacking wise? He's exactly the same as he was in our playoff squad 5 years ago. If it was possible for him to improve a develop his attacking game, he'd have shown some evidence of it. I believe he is deadwood, I don't think he fits our system, and I think if possible we should move him on.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

1.) Attacking ability under Rowett? 3 assists in 30 games, isn't that for me.

For reference, Bogle got 9 assists and 2 goals in 40 games.

2.) Under Mac1, he rarely went past the half way line. Again, 3 assists (in a very attacking side) in 34 appearances, 37 if you include playoffs.

3.) Then why hasn't he previously shown any ability to improve attacking wise? He's exactly the same as he was in our playoff squad 5 years ago. If it was possible for him to improve a develop his attacking game, he'd have shown some evidence of it. I believe he is deadwood, I don't think he fits our system, and I think if possible we should move him on.

1) He was only moved to right wing back at the very tail end of the season. And obviously Bogle's attacking play and stats are better, i'm not disputing that. 

2) I'd dispute his not going past the half way line. Point being, he had a brilliant season in that very attacking side, the argument that he is simply dysfunctional in any side that plays attacking football is thus flawed. 

3) Of course he hasn't shown improvement as he's barely played this season, and rightly so as we can all agree Bogle is better. 

I believe he is not deadwood, and if Bogle goes we should definitely not move him on unless we sign two right backs that are both significantly better (which considering out budget this year, i doubt we are going to be doing that). There are not many back-up rightbacks in the division as good as Wisdom. Another thing to note is that when we signed him he was predominately a centre back. He is good cover across the back four, and a valuable squad member. 

Pretty sure I read that Wisdom's been struggling with injuries a lot this past season, it just hasn't really been publicised much because we rarely had to call on him, but when he has played he's pretty much just been patched up with not much training behind him.

If you'd have seen him slowly struggling to walk up Wembley Way the other day with a massive boot strapped to his foot, a pair of crutches and needing the assistance of an entourage you probably wouldn't be making too many plans for his return to the team or the possibility of moving him onto another club in the immediate future.

17 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Pretty sure I read that Wisdom's been struggling with injuries a lot this past season, it just hasn't really been publicised much because we rarely had to call on him, but when he has played he's pretty much just been patched up with not much training behind him.

If you'd have seen him slowly struggling to walk up Wembley Way the other day with a massive boot strapped to his foot, a pair of crutches and needing the assistance of an entourage you probably wouldn't be making too many plans for his return to the team or the possibility of moving him onto another club in the immediate future.

I heard a while back that he was injured & needed an operation but due to shortage in numbers he had to put it off until the summer. By what you are saying with him being on crutches he may have had it as youngsters like Macdonald came into the squad at the end of the season. I could see him being an option at centre back for us too

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Wisdom looked like he could when he played left back. 

Archived