Best Derby Assists You’ve Ever Seen

cannable

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester United 0-2 Derby county Saunders dummy through the legs of Steve Bruce on the half way line followed by a sprint down the left wing and a great cross to Paul Goddard to head in at the back post - if I remember it correctly 

shame it was the day of Hillsboro as it never got the attention it deserved 

9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Manchester United 0-2 Derby county Saunders dummy through the legs of Steve Bruce on the half way line followed by a sprint down the left wing and a great cross to Paul Goddard to head in at the back post - if I remember it correctly 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3ZCXm21rc

From 5:20, Bruce was never going to catch him once he had been sold the dummy.

15 hours ago, rynny said:

This one Jono? 

This was a great pass by Baird. 

Yup ? that was it. It was the look before the pass .. ok, seen you, here you go, nod that in. Just suits my mindset somehow. Many more spectacular and skilled goals. Just remember that one for some reason best know to my analyst 

He's aloud the odd bad game, 99% of Igor's clearances would go to a Derby player....that's no accident.  But it's hard to imagine we'll ever see the likes and standards of stimac,  Asanovic, Eranio .Baiano .Sturridge ,wanchope ,poom etc etc in a Derby shirt, Along with the battling & leadership qualities of Van der laan, carsley, c.powell, D. Powell,  Gabbiadini etc.

Sith Happens

My memory of the first goal when watching at PP was that it was a thing of beauty, lovely football with great vision and calmness. To be fair on 3 are good and watching it back on video it doesnt look as good as it does in my memory.

Uncle George;s team at its best. How did he build that team with no money?

19 hours ago, bcnram said:

1997/98 season Everton away. Derby's second goal by Wanchope. Series of one touch passes. Beautiful football teetering on orgasmic. Plus a Ferguson sending off.

The move better than the final assist...fantastic goal.....

Been racking my addled brain - there's one which I think may have been under Mac1 with 4 or 5 single touches and a back heeled assist (unless I dreamt it). Possibly against Hull? Remember showing the lad and he commented it was like watching Barcelona! Will keep looking...

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

Been racking my addled brain - there's one which I think may have been under Mac1 with 4 or 5 single touches and a back heeled assist (unless I dreamt it). Possibly against Hull? Remember showing the lad and he commented it was like watching Barcelona! Will keep looking...

4-0 win over Hull under Wassall...2nd goal...

20 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3ZCXm21rc

From 5:20, Bruce was never going to catch him once he had been sold the dummy.

God I Remember that like yesterday listening to it on the radio in our old back room

literally ran round the house shouting we’ve scored,we’ve scored when we got the first 

and that turn on Bruce .... 

left ... for ... dead 

brilliant stuff 

On 23/03/2019 at 08:59, Sparkle said:

This one sticks in my memory along with many great results that season. The best season I have seen.

Archived