Best Derby Assists You’ve Ever Seen

cannable

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not good at this pasting links malarkey but one sticks in my mind.

Bradley Johnson I think, putting a cross in for Chris Martin 2-3 years back (dunno which game but I've mentioned it before )

The football wasn't particularly sensational although it was a good pass and a brave header to finish. 

The bit that got me was they almost spoke to each other as the play unfolded. CM saw BJ - BJ saw CM 

you could see the metaphorical nod, wink and the "put it there mate" and I'll do the rest". It was like slow motion in a sense but all happening in real time. 

27 minutes ago, cannable said:

As the title states; not the quality of finish or build-up but the pass leading to the goal. It can be quality of pass, as per my all time favourite, or a player beating a few men and laying it on a plate.

It's a great pass, but looks better than it is by the sheer number of men it bypasses.

The pass that sets it up is every bit as good imo, and the number one example of what Keogh brings that 99% of championship centre Half's can't do.

The recent one that sticks in my mind is Fulham away last season. Lawrence tackled back in the centre of the park and won the ball. He then went forward surrounded by 3 Fulham players and with 1 bit of magic left them for dead. He than spotted the run of Vydra, I think, and played a perfect pass for a simple finish. 

May be someone can post a link for me. 

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The two that came to mind immediately - Hughes & Thorne - have been posted. I can't think of any outstanding ones this season, perhaps Bennett in the first game has been the best? 

This from Holmes springs to mind, but could just be my love for him clouding my memory

42 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Johnny Russell to Derby's number 9. 2-1 win away at PNE in 2015, 30 secs in. 10/10 for the cross, touch and finish. Bliss. 

Took the words out of my mouth. Great pass, great control, great slot past the keeper and loved the celebration ? 

4 hours ago, jono said:

I'm not good at this pasting links malarkey but one sticks in my mind.

Bradley Johnson I think, putting a cross in for Chris Martin 2-3 years back (dunno which game but I've mentioned it before )

The football wasn't particularly sensational although it was a good pass and a brave header to finish. 

The bit that got me was they almost spoke to each other as the play unfolded. CM saw BJ - BJ saw CM 

you could see the metaphorical nod, wink and the "put it there mate" and I'll do the rest". It was like slow motion in a sense but all happening in real time. 

This one Jono? 

This was a great pass by Baird. 

Archived