Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, Igorwasking said:

If he wants to go - he is still unable to say that - as he has not been offered anything to go for. 

If he wants to stay - stating that before an offer comes in would look disrespectful (and presumptuous) to Chelsea.

The guy can literally say nothing right now (which happens to be what he is doing) - and yet we are making this his issue.

Whether he stays or goes, he is as much a victim of these circumstances as the club is right now.

The only victims making themselves so are sadly us fans.

Keep calm and carry on.

Sorry but your plain wrong .

Frank can make a statement to put this to bed 100% . 

Here is Franks statement? .  I respect the opportunity this club has given me and I want to run out my contract , only then would I be ready to go to Chelsea or any other club .So with no detriment to Chelsea or the fans I love there I want to earn my stripes and I think the Chelsea fans wil lsee a better Frank Lampord hopefully in the future should I be honoured enough to be offered the job . 

That's it end off all finished .

The fact something to this effect is not issued by Frank demeans the guy as an ACT in my eyes .

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Here is Franks statement? .  I respect the opportunity this club has given me and I want to run out my contract , only then would I be ready to go to Chelsea or any other club .So with no detriment to Chelsea or the fans I love there I want to earn my stripes and I think the Chelsea fans wil lsee a better Frank Lampord hopefully in the future should I be honoured enough to be offered the job . 

The fact something to this effect is not issued by Frank demeans the guy as an ACT in my eyes .

Then we agree to disagree. Stating he doesn’t want the job before he is offered it would make him hugely presumptuous - and would see him (atm) unnecessarily snub “his” club.

In the media circus - less is more. Frank will have been taught that a million times.

Assuming that all the public statements are correct - Frank can't turn down a job which hasn't been offered nor categorically commit to staying. What he could do is get his agent to unofficially let Chelsea know that he'll take the job as long as the contract is OK, but it's unfair to mess Derby around. Something along the lines of, if you haven't made a formal approach by Friday, I'm going to stay at Derby for the upcoming season.

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well those 20 odd thousand others (including me) should be very proud of themselves, true supporters, go you!!

However, that doesn't help the 1 person who I know that purchased a season ticket because Frank helped to reignite the passion last season, with Frank saying he would here next season, it promoted this lad to buy a ticket. I can guarantee there will be more than him that bought a ticket because of Frank.

They can always ask for a refund ?

I understand the frustrations but not where the blame is being placed in some cases. The dragging out of this process is damaging our club and once again dividing opinion within the fan base. For me the cause of that is Chelsea. They've known for some time that there was a possibility that their manager would leave. Surely they comprised a list replacements long before this point so why no movement in that respect? Hopefully today will shed some light on that. I don't buy into the argument that they're trying to drive down the price they'd pay for Frank for two main reasons. Firstly if there is buyout clause in Franks contract then surely that is non-negotiable. Secondly whatever that buyout is then it's surely a drop in the ocean to a club of that size and would be similar to me going into the supermarket and trying to get a penny knocked of a pint of milk. A pretty pointless and futile act.

Errrrr.... no! But they are playing the same shizzle from the past week. I'm turning it off and going to work. I will have the pleasure of listening to Talk Sport, just hope Bob 'dribbling' Mills isn't on... Urrghhh!

But Bowyer has now signed a year extension to his contract at Charlton.

47 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

The fact Frank after a week hasn't come out and said im staying as I need to learn more and I respect Derby for the chance , shows its all just a game to him and he has no respect for the club or the fans .All about money and it always will be game changed years ago . no respect,no pride no nothing anymore

Sir/Madam, get a ducking grip for god' sake! 

how needy, demanding, entitled and pathetic do you (and others like you) sound?

Have a word with yourself. 

On what basis should Frank cast his family, holiday, working day etc aside to pander to your pathetic whining? 

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Frank is getting on my nerves, if he wanted to stay he would have signed a contract extension and this would be over.

Instead, after telling the fans he was staying, he is now just happy to wait knowing he is basically the new Chelsea manager.

Meanwhile we have a threadbare squad.

I know at least 1 fan who bought a season ticket for next season based on the fact Frank said he would be here next season.

We have been negotiating for a grand total of 2 days. How long do you think it takes to sort out? Has a contract been given to him to sign? 

Can he not do more than one thing at once? Can he not negotiate his contract and work on signing players at the same time. 

Seems like you are over reacting to the situation. 

Even if Frank stays for now, this media hype surrounding the Chelsea job will never go away. 

If Frank stays and does well: He’ll be asked if he’s ready for Chelsea?

If Frank stays and does poorly: Has he blown his chances with Chelsea?

If no Chelsea offer materialises: Why do you think Chelsea didn’t offer you a job? 

If Frank stays the rumours will stay, we may as well accept this. 

IMO Frank is right to not say anything. Let the agents and the press do it all. When there is something to say he’ll release a statement. I don’t see this as the same as Gary Rowett, Stoke was never his dream job. Frank was always going to want Chelsea, it’s come sooner than anyone expected. 

If he goes, good luck to the fella and the next manager will get the same support from me Frank will get if he stays. I want Frank to stay if only for the stability of having a manager for more than one season. 

Has anybody stopped to think whether Frank is still on holiday. 

If he is, why would he need to come out and show his position. Yes he’s been seen in public with his friends but that doesn’t mean he needs to go public all the time. 

Frank is part of Derby County and the main man confirmed yesterday everything we need to know at this point. 

39 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

god, it gets worse.

In the history of football, I can only recall ONE manager saying something to this effect and meaning it, Arsene Wenger.

Please find examples of any manager other than Wenger saying something similar to what you want Lampard to say, and then you can deny being a pathetic desperate whingebag.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

We have been negotiating for a grand total of 2 days. How long do you think it takes to sort out? Has a contract been given to him to sign? 

Can he not do more than one thing at once? Can he not negotiate his contract and work on signing players at the same time. 

Seems like you are over reacting to the situation. 

I hope I am over reacting, I hope he is working on signing his contract and signing players.

People who are upset with Lampard over his hypothetical move, and those who will be upset (with him) if he does move, need to get a grip.

He has behaved perfectly professionally.

Archived