Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

I think Frank did a great job.

Although Rowett achieved a similar league position, we have to remember just what a dross ageing team and rubbish tactical set up he left us with. Frank rebuilt the team, changed the footballing ethos, and produced a young side that produced some truly memorable stuff. Furthermore he built a great rapport with the fans. The focus shifted towards the players, whereas with gary it had been all about him and his ideas. We had a dip in form after christmas but that coincided with injuries to key players and fatigue. There was still work to do to clear out the remainder of Gary's veterans and to replace the loanees but we have a much better foundation to build on now, than we did 12 months ago. The only real blot was the strange reluctance to play marriott and the over cautious line up in the final. He also brought a refreshing honesty.....or so it seemed. 

In the last month the media have followed events at chelsea with interest. They correctly predicted the departure of Sarri. They reported Chelsea's apparent interest in three candidates and followed the trail towards frank becoming the favourite.  They then began to report some very specific details. Informal talks. Frank meeting Drogba; franks intention to appoint Drogba; Franks intention to replace Zola; Franks decision to recruit Jody Morris, jones, and Shay Given;  franks concern over being given a fair crack of the whip; a telephone conversation with Avramovich; a guarantee of two years / two transfer windows; a 3 year contract; and a further planned face to face meeting. Harry Redknap's conviction that frank is going only serves to reinforce the impression that moves are afoot. Franks media silence also indicates the same. Whether Mel has given Frank his blessing to enter into any such discussions is unknown. The reports are either total bullsh.... Or they tend to support the same general scenario in which frank has made his decision, and is planning ahead for chelsea rather than Derby. We understand that its the job Frank always wanted but - if true - its a dirty game in which Frank has already abandoned his loyalties to Derby. 

It depends on whether you believe the media reports. 

There are a lot of reports from highly reputable sources. they tend to support the same general scenario in which frank is already gone and has been active in negotiations. It just seems to depend on Avramovich's final blessing and then the deal with Derby. Mere details. If the reports are true then frank threw away all that goodwill and respect in pursuit of his dream job. And thats what leaves a sour taste.

We get it frank. We know you want that job and always did, but - if true - you can no longer expect to receive the love and support of the fanbase you just turned your back on and abandoned.  Not that you are probably bothered. You are smart enough to know the consequences of your actions. But what a way to end it. Anything you seemed to have achieved is now in the bin as we have to start from scratch again.

Every fan must make up their own mind on whether there is substance to the reports or whether its a total shitstorm of fabrication.

Personally i believe that its true, and i don't hate harry for telling the truth.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

And even if he didn't want the job, why should he make a statement? It's been a matter of hours since Sarri left but it's been dragged out to what seems like a lifetime because of social media. And yet it's the old bar stewards who are losing their heads!

This old bar steward is reading this thread in disbelief. I hope all of these 'Sack Frank' brigade will be able to look at themselves in the mirror if Frank stays. Unbelievable.

3 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

You need to take a chill pill,finish up having a conary.By the way i am not a bar steward,never worked behind a bar

Had you down as a count... seeing as you’ve come out after dark on here

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think Frank did a great job.

Although Rowett achieved a similar league position, we have to remember just what a dross ageing team and rubbish tactical set up he left us with. Frank rebuilt the team, changed the footballing ethos, and produced a young side that produced some truly memorable stuff. Furthermore he built a great rapport with the fans. The focus shifted towards the players, whereas with gary it had been all about him and his ideas. We had a dip in form after christmas but that coincided with injuries to key players and fatigue. There was still work to do to clear out the remainder of Gary's veterans and to replace the loanees but we have a much better foundation to build on now, than we did 12 months ago. The only real blot was the strange reluctance to play marriott and the over cautious line up in the final. He also brought a refreshing honesty.....or so it seemed. 

In the last month the media have followed events at chelsea with interest. They correctly predicted the departure of Sarri. They reported Chelsea's apparent interest in three candidates and followed the trail towards frank becoming the favourite.  They then began to report some very specific details. Informal talks. Frank meeting Drogba; franks intention to appoint Drogba; Franks intention to replace Zola; Franks decision to recruit Jody Morris, jones, and Shay Given;  franks concern over being given a fair crack of the whip; a telephone conversation with Avramovich; a guarantee of two years / two transfer windows; a 3 year contract; and a further planned face to face meeting. Harry Redknap's conviction that frank is going only serves to reinforce the impression that moves are afoot. Franks media silence also indicates the same. Whether Mel has given Frank his blessing to enter into any such discussions is unknown. The reports are either total bullsh.... Or they tend to support the same general scenario in which frank has made his decision, and is planning ahead for chelsea rather than Derby. We understand that its the job Frank always wanted but - if true - its a dirty game in which Frank has already abandoned his loyalties to Derby. 

It depends on whether you believe the media reports. 

There are a lot of reports from highly reputable sources. they tend to support the same general scenario in which frank is already gone and has been active in negotiations. It just seems to depend on Avramovich's final blessing and then the deal with Derby. Mere details. If the reports are true then frank threw away all that goodwill and respect in pursuit of his dream job. And thats what leaves a sour taste.

We get it frank. We know you want that job and always did, but - if true - you can no longer expect to receive the love and support of the fanbase you just turned your back on and abandoned.  Not that you are probably bothered. You are smart enough to know the consequences of your actions. But what a way to end it. Anything you seemed to have achieved is now in the bin as we have to start from scratch again.

Every fan must make up their own mind on whether there is substance to the reports or whether its a total shitstorm of fabrication.

Personally i believe that its true, and i don't hate harry for telling the truth.

Exactly this for me. 

Some people really need to take a look at themselves.

I have never thought Lampard was the messiah. He has done a good job for his first season in management but not spectacular, and it’s really winding me up how the media is claiming he has ‘overachieved’ as he simply met expectations.

That being said, I’m under no illusions and it has been an enjoyable season (Ashley Cole in a Derby shirt, who would have thought it?). I just can’t fathom people who are saying he has turned his back on us/is betraying us. If we were talking about him going to Leeds or Villa then fine, but we are talking about a dream job here...and, who knows, as time goes on it may turn out the media were wrong all along

6 hours ago, Bill Curry said:

Hi all,

Let me tell you something...

I've been watching the Rams since 1959 - I have huge affection for the club but football has ceased to interest me. The total lack of respect within the game has now reached the tipping point as far as I'm concerned.

The Newcastle saga with Mac, the Stoke saga with Rowett and now this.

Chelsea have no respect for anyone but themselves and Frank doesn't either.  His silence says it all for me.  No, I'm not talking about loyalty, these days, loyalty depends solely on the size of the paycheck.  I'm talking about respect, pure and simple.

Chelsea doesn't respect us, Frank's silence shows that he doesn't respect us and the media -  I can't think of words to describe the media frenzy over this.

Frank has lost all credibility and should walk out now, or Mel should sack him. 

Bill

Why ?? What has Frank done exactly ??? There is no approach or offer as far as we are led to beleive so really can't see what Frank's done wrong! If the Chelsea job was offered to him he'd probably take it considering he said was his dream job.....but so far according to Mel no approach so nothing for Frank to comment on really or do you really expect him to come out and say....although I love Chelsea a club where i spent most of my career and am record goalscorer blah blah ...and  although at this stage there is no offer as yet I have no desire to manage them...he's already declared he'd like the job one day   its just come around quicker than most people expected....If he wants the job and gets the chance good luck to him...he's been brilliant with the fans since being here and DCFC will go on...with or without Frank ......christ what was it like when we lost Clough and Mackay....2 actual managers who won things...IMO both were disrespected at the time by DCFC so it works both ways if thats how you see it 

6 hours ago, papa_lazarou said:

Approximately 13mins in, I still take him at his word for now as we've repeatedly said no official approach, no change. My displeasure isn't so much with Frank, but the constant hammering of the media and the way it's being conducted. 'IF' and I do mean 'IF' as a lot of people suspect it's being conducted surreptitiously and our club is being disadvantaged because of the disruption it causes to our preparations and signings for the following year, we have ever right to feel aggrieved.

Most of us just want some stability either with or without him so the team can build and hopefully play some attractive football.

Unfortunately we have this ducking circus continuing. It needs resolving quickly hence Uncle Mel's statement earlier today to reiterate our position and hopefully jiggle things along. Pre-season looms and we have a threadbare squad, wouldn't we all be rather talking nonsense about the next signings?

Nailed it mate 

great post 

1 hour ago, Ilsonram12 said:

With bowyer rejecting a contract at charlton and Lampard meeting abramovich on his boat this week, it’s all a done deal on the merry go round

one thing remains and won’t change

Derby County

Once again, only if you believe all the media hype.

I think he will go but I don't believe Frank has arranged to meet Abramavich on one of his yachts already and then allowed the story to leak even though no official approach has been made yet. 

I think whats getting a bit silly now is how long this is dragging on and effecting our own ability to sign and sell players.

It needs to happen imminently now or Frank needs to come out like McClaren should have done and say I need more time to earn my stripes im staying even if Chelsea come in .

I have seen posts saying jesus Christ Sarri only left yesterday …………..total rubbish we all know Sarri left over a week ago and this has been dragging on over a week now . Things needs settling now and fast .

The fact Frank after a week hasn't come out and said im staying as I need to learn more and I respect Derby for the chance , shows its all just a game to him and he has no respect for the club or the fans .All about money and it always will be game changed years ago . no respect,no pride no nothing anymore.

I do think Derby fans think frank has a little bit of love for our club with it being his first opportunity and building up such a rapour with the team and fans ( the bounce ) . I do feel he does love our club and is finding this tough , but its time now to stay or go ...SO MAKE A FINAL STATEMENT FRANK or leave the club and fans knowing it was all a bit of an ACT !!

1 hour ago, Ilsonram12 said:

With bowyer rejecting a contract at charlton and Lampard meeting abramovich on his boat this week, it’s all a done deal on the merry go round

one thing remains and won’t change

Derby County

Which media outlet the meeting on the boat out of interest ? 

6 hours ago, papa_lazarou said:

Approximately 13mins in, I still take him at his word for now as we've repeatedly said no official approach, no change. My displeasure isn't so much with Frank, but the constant hammering of the media and the way it's being conducted. 'IF' and I do mean 'IF' as a lot of people suspect it's being conducted surreptitiously and our club is being disadvantaged because of the disruption it causes to our preparations and signings for the following year, we have ever right to feel aggrieved.

Most of us just want some stability either with or without him so the team can build and hopefully play some attractive football.

Unfortunately we have this ducking circus continuing. It needs resolving quickly hence Uncle Mel's statement earlier today to reiterate our position and hopefully jiggle things along. Pre-season looms and we have a threadbare squad, wouldn't we all be rather talking nonsense about the next signings?

As has been said 

anyone with any doubt 

literally from the gore mouth 13 mins in ... I don’t think he can be any clearer on his stance 

now stop reading the tabloids and stop worrying 

its their way of selling papers while there’s no genuine football news to report on 

franks a ram ? ..... for now lol

If he wants to go - he is still unable to say that - as he has not been offered anything to go for. 

If he wants to stay - stating that before an offer comes in would look disrespectful (and presumptuous) to Chelsea.

The guy can literally say nothing right now (which happens to be what he is doing) - and yet we are making this his issue.

Whether he stays or goes, he is as much a victim of these circumstances as the club is right now.

The only victims making themselves so are sadly us fans.

Keep calm and carry on.

Archived