Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

I loved last season. Lampard was a breath of fresh air... Reinvigorated the whole club and created a fantastic bond with the supporters.

A major part of that, I feel, was the respect he showed towards the history of the club. He spoke in revered tones about the Derby County teams of the 70s that his father had played against.

But now that is all being undermined by this media circus and the "dream" of the legend returning to manage "his" club.

The media are scum. However, what I find most distasteful in this whole sorry affair is the stream of relatives (cousin Redknapp) and close friends (eg Drogba, Fabregas and others) pushing his case. Whether Lampard is putting them up to it or not, it is making our great club a sideshow in this "Chelsea story".

I was desperate for Lampard to stay.

Not anymore.

Derby County is bigger than Frank Lampard.

We don't deserve this treatment from the media, Chelsea, Lampard and his associates. Just go.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IslandExile said:

Definitely. This is what has been pissing me off all year, stop calling his Frank Lampard's Derby County, we're just Derby County. I hate everything about us, being about him. The complete disrespect to our history and club in general by the media is just appalling, Chelsea fans are equally dismissive. 

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I loved last season. Lampard was a breath of fresh air... Reinvigorated the whole club and created a fantastic bond with the supporters.

A major part of that, I feel, was the respect he showed towards the history of the club. He spoke in revered tones about the Derby County teams of the 70s that his father had played against.

But now that is all being undermined by this media circus and the "dream" of the legend returning to manage "his" club.

The media are scum. However, what I find most distasteful in this whole sorry affair is the stream of relatives (cousin Redknapp) and close friends (eg Drogba, Fabregas and others) pushing his case. Whether Lampard is putting them up to it or not, it is making our great club a sideshow in this "Chelsea story".

I was desperate for Lampard to stay.

Not anymore.

We don't deserve this treatment from the media, Chelsea, Lampard and his associates. Just go.

Just pour yourself a drink and stop getting worked up about something you can do nothing about.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It will be an interesting Friday followed by a long weekend whilst Frank decides what he is going to do.

I agree, huge decision coming up for Frank.....sacrifice a brilliant young full back like Bogle to help fund a proven match winner in Harry Wilson....who'd be a manager eh?

I like Frank and wouldn't hold it against him IF he goes to Chelsea . Nothing we can do about it , we will all still be here next season regardless.  Just to add though without the risk of sounding like a dream queen , if for any instance Pulis gets involved with our club , I'm done !!

Still a lot of ifs and maybes in the media. Nothing concrete as yet. Still think it would be madness for Frank to go to Chelsea, but wish Chelsea would hurry the **** up and appoint someone so we can know one way or the other. 

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Still a lot of ifs and maybes in the media. Nothing concrete as yet. Still think it would be madness for Frank to go to Chelsea, but wish Chelsea would hurry the **** up and appoint someone so we can know one way or the other. 

They’ve gotta get rid of their manager first mate. 

Archived