Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see any reason for outrage.

i'm sure frank never expected his time here to be limited to just one season, but we were always a stepping stone. The opportunity at chelsea is likely to have come much earlier than expected. I'm sure it will be a bit of a wrench for him to leave, but - if it happens - it will not be a particularly hard decision.

No need for anger or outrage. 

Just move on. 

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

One way or the other, there’s going to be a lot of “I told you so’s” come the start of the new season!  

Meh, an ‘I told you so’s’ hollow if you don’t have any inside information or make an informed accurate opinion.

Like when I called our 2015 signings poo at the time *smug mode activate*

Bobby Charlton went into management but never managed his dream team, yet Legends don’t come much bigger!

Dave Mackay, a legend with Derby and Spurs, was super successful managing the Rams but never got to manage the team he led to the double.

Frank Lampard....... watch this space!!

Boris Johnson...... oh that’s a different and much dirtier game!?

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I do hope you two are not relying on wishful thinking. 

No, I'm going off that I don't think one of the biggest clubs in Europe would come and take the Derby manager who finished 6th in the Champ

That this all started with Sarri expected departure and a journalist asking Frank. Nothing official started it. Just a quite fitting "would you go to Chelsea if the offered"

Since then I've seen each fan, clickbait blog and ITK Twitter account say the exact same thing. "Chelsea could go for Lampard" dressed up in a variety of attention seeking ways. Chelsea could go for Sam Allardyce. Doesn't mean they will. Could is not a word used to report facts

It's gossip being reported. All starting with a disruptive irrelevant question asked by a lazy big club sniffing journalist before we play a huge game. 

I've seen nothing that's had any weight behind it. Bookies odds change on bets placed. Newspapers reporting other newspapers reporting other newspapers etc etc

I've seen 1 thing. 1 single thing in all this time that made me wonder. And that was 1 media outlet saying Frank had met Chelsea. THAT would be news. That is more than idle gossip. It's been amended twice since then back to the original story before we played Villa. "Chelsea could go for Frank."

ITK Twitter accounts, Rio Ferdinand, Prince Harry, SkyBet... none of them know what Roman is thinking. Me neither tbh. But based on his history I would say he's not in the game of patience. 

There's literally nothing. Recycled gossip and the same boring attention seeking on Twitter. 

On the flipside, I've seen Derby making some decisions on players future. I think Frank has been at the U20's tournament? Now it's possible he's watching Chelsea youngsters but it seems unlikely. And its possible that's Derby are dealing with players without his input. But that seems less likely. 

Until there's something more than hysterical fans and the wise input of pundits who thought Wilfred Zaha was something like Man United level quality then I'll believe the words Frank used. 

"There's no smoke without fire" is one of the most stupid phrases we have in our language. It only makes sense if you see smoke. All I see is people running around shouting "fire". No smoke yet. 

But betting companies are banking all this nicely. 

I still bloody love Frank. Whether he stays or goes at this point, this season has been one of the most enjoyable seasons in recent memory. Man Utd, Chelsea, West Brom (H & A), Norwich (A), Leeds (A), Southampton, even just getting to wembley and giving us hope. The club has been completely re-energised, the pathway from the youth teams to the first team is open, the style of play is on the right track and, although there were some low points, the connection between the players and fans is fully back.

Chelsea is an incredible opportunity for anyone and, if they do come in for him, I can't begrudge him taking it. If he goes, I hope he goes and smashes it, and maybe give us a few favours along the way in terms of a couple loans!

Until then, i still hold out hope that he stays. I can't say i expect him to, but I hope this Media speculation is all guff and in the end, he's here next season. But whatever happens, It's been a great season and I thank him for all he's done over the last 12 months

Just now, REDCAR said:

This ??

Jokanovic will want big bucks to spend. It’s a good shout just don’t think it works at this moment in time. 

Lamps is as good as gone I feel, seems like a matter of time. I just hope it’s concluded quickly  and we can get a new manager in, maybe the Chelsea fan who said it would be done by Friday was right ?. I found  what Redknapp said particularly interesting, he’s been singing our praises all season and how Derby and Lampard are a perfect fit but then does a 360 coming out with that statement on sky sports , he must know something being Lampard’s cousin.

In all fairness to Mel. Absolutely nothing we can do about it.

No way on this earth is Lampard ready. 

When we appointed Lampard we all knew that at some point in his managerial career he'd end up at Chelsea. Not one of us thought it'd be that soon.

Looking at managers out of work....

Jokanovic, Hughton, Moore and Karanka.

I'd be happy with any of them.

Whoever it is has my full backing.

15 minutes ago, Whitefield said:

He’s gone, too much silence in the Derby camp.

Has to be Hughton. Someone who knows what it takes. 

Hughton plays hoof ball, if you want Rowettball 2.0, then sure. But we have a squad set up to play football, it would be totally illogical to appoint him.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Jokanovic. First name to contact when Lampard goes, the perfect name to help take us onwards.

Chris Martin will be hoping so. 

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

If you mean Frank, I guess he's too busy working on signing Harry Wilson, doing the background prep on a couple of stellar loans and sorting out pre-season friendlies atm.

That's just silly - Chelsea can't sign anyone for two windows?

Archived