Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

To lose one manager in the last four seasons to another club is unfortunate, to lose two is careless, to lose three is...

We sacked Steve (twice). We sacked Clement. We sacked Pearson and we sacked Nigel. Rowett went to Stoke, so who is the other?

I think I read somewhere that Rowett was the first of our managers to be poached by another team rather than being sacked first ( might be BS though)

Jokanovic is the only available manager who could evolve and improve on the work that has already been put in place, as opposed to needing a summer to re-shape the squad.

He also has two promotions from this division under his belt.

No brainer, for me. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Jokanovic is the only available manager who could evolve and improve on the work that has already been put in place, as opposed to needing a summer to re-shape the squad.

No brainer, for me. 

He will also want cash..... 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Hughton plays hoof ball, if you want Rowettball 2.0, then sure. But we have a squad set up to play football, it would be totally illogical to appoint him.

Hughton gets promoted. Seemed to remember them wiping the floor with us 3-0 at their place. Certainly wasn’t hoofball IIRC. So yeh totally illogical.

Just now, GenBr said:

What sort of football did his Charlton team play? Didnt really see much of them last season.

On deck, bit like Wilders Sheffield United..... gets best out of folk who ain’t superstars,minor miracle he achieved tho season, couldn’t fill bench at start of season, massive problems off the field. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

No brainer, for me. 

Agreed

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

He will also want cash..... 

Why? He never spent that much cash at Fulham, and we have a good base for him to work from anyway, few additions and some decent coaching and he can get us up and around the top.

edit - unless you meant salary, in which case, I'm sure we can afford to pay him, for the rewards in promotion more than cover it.

2 minutes ago, Whitefield said:

Hughton gets promoted. Seemed to remember them wiping the floor with us 3-0 at their place. Certainly wasn’t hoofball IIRC. So yeh totally illogical.

Statistically, he does play hoof ball, that one game you remember doesn't wipe out the facts. Hughton has got promotions, but so had Nigel Pearson, and how'd he do for us?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Statistically, he does play hoof ball, that one game you remember doesn't wipe out the facts. Hughton has got promotions, but so had Nigel Pearson, and how'd he do for us?

Hughtons got numerous promotions but....

Just now, Whitefield said:

Hughtons got numerous promotions but....

So has Pulis, Bruce etc Hughton isn't better than any of those names, he's just a tad more trendy. Why would we change our style of play completely and reset all the work we've done, rather than find someone who fits us?

Just now, Andicis said:

So has Pulis, Bruce etc Hughton isn't better than any of those names, he's just a tad more trendy. Why would we change our style of play completely and reset all the work we've done, rather than find someone who fits us?

I want to get promoted, end of. It’s the whole point. And what style of play? Of course it’s a reset. All our best players were loans so it’s a blank canvas. 

Archived