Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/06/2019 at 22:34, Paul71 said:

McClaren didn't spend much at all. Never left for any club never mind a bigger club.

Are you forgetting the Newcastle situation? We may if sacked him, but he still manufactured a move to them. He also started the ball rolling with Ince, Bent etc, I don't think they were on cheap wages.

6 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Are you forgetting the Newcastle situation? We may if sacked him, but he still manufactured a move to them. He also started the ball rolling with Ince, Bent etc, I don't think they were on cheap wages.

Huh? How did he manufacture a move? He joined them, after we fired him. He didn't do anything, he said many times he didn't want to leave. 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

He didn’t sign them, they were only loans and him manufacturing a move is hardly proven having committed himself to Derby 

4 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

huge speculation. 

Some people think that season fell apart because McClaren refused to unequivocally state he would never set foot in Newcastle and not, ya know, the fact that the entire spine of our squad was completely obliterated by injuries.  

37 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

huge speculation. 

Some people think that season fell apart because McClaren refused to unequivocally state he would never set foot in Newcastle and not, ya know, the fact that the entire spine of our squad was completely obliterated by injuries.  

Agreed, I am speculating a lot with that, but the story didnt go away and after his sacking he still joined them anyway.

I guess I feel frustrated that when we start to get something positive going, we can't sustain it. This is no one in the clubs fault and we have handled the majority of these situations well, whilst learning from others.

If Lampard does leave, I genuinely hope he does well, however I would also be disappointed because we need consistency over a longer period of time.  Most teams build their way out of the league, but we appear to take one step forward and two back. 

IF he did go I would expect the pick of their youngsters as a leaving present.

i don’t think going to Chelsea is the right thing for him, although Uncle Arry dosnt help saying it could be his only chance. It isn’t and if he gout could damage his career.

if he goes I hope we get a good payoff and the pick of the youngsters 

I know it would be hard for him to turn it down with his history etc  but I'd still be disapointed,  it looked as if he has genuinely loved it here which makes even  more annoying that he is going!

1/20 now with skybet so let's now face reality  - he's gone. 

My wife summed it up perfectly and she isn't a footy fan:

If Frank leaves after 1 season, all of his positive PR, mixing with the fans, claiming that Derby County is HIS club, was a lie! We were sold a lie and any respect we have for him should reduce massively.

Ok, you cant say no for Chelsea, but don't sit there and say "I have 2 years left, this is my club, I'm planning for next season"...lots of people parted with their hard earned money for season tickets over those words.

The way this is being handled is so disrespectful to DCFC and the fans. Why has there been no comment from the club or FL?  Just complete silence from everyone apart from Chelsea and the media. What a time to be looking for a new manager. Guess we can write off next season already. 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Frank leaves after 1 season, all of his positive PR, mixing with the fans, claiming that Derby County is HIS club, was a lie! We were sold a lie and any respect we have for him should reduce massively.

Ok, you cant say no for Chelsea, but don't sit there and say "I have 2 years left, this is my club, I'm planning for next season"...lots of people parted with their hard earned money for season tickets over those words.

Including me. My first ever season ticket. Yes it would be hard to turn down, but it’s not true this will be his only chance. Not by any stretch of the imagination. 

Lets not kid ourselves hear Franks a goner and just proves contracts are worth absolutely BOB

On the flip side however i do think he did take the club and fans to heart and could help us with new loans this season

Chris Houghton for me as next manger played great football in Championship and his style of football in Prem was only down to trying to survive which we would of probably have had to do should we have gone up.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Do you share her lady care products, too?

13 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

The way this is being handled is so disrespectful to DCFC and the fans. Why has there been no comment from the club or FL?  Just complete silence from everyone apart from Chelsea and the media. What a time to be looking for a new manager. Guess we can write off next season already. 

How ridiculous. The whole thing is media speculation. Chelsea haven’t said anything either. Clubs don’t comment on rumours or speculation. 

Archived