Derby County v Rotherham United

Bwash_Ram

9 games to go. It’s a mini-tournament. No motivational speeches required. If the likes of Tomatori, Keogh, Lawrence, Huddlestone, Bryson, Bennett, Waghorn, Mount et alia cannot get themselves up for this then they’re just not up to football. Get the Park rocking...I predict a big game. Every sinew has to be rung out...it’s that straight forward. 90 minutes of do or die...we’ll see. 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still maintain that it’s all about next season for us.

But as the teams around us have contrived to give us a chance, we have to try our best to seize it and that starts this afternoon. While we have a chance, anything goes.

Especially coming back from this extended break. I hope we can look back and say the break came at just the right moment for us.

Let’s hope we come back reenergised, refocused and revived. We have to work to ensure the barren results of before are a distant memory.

It’s a nine game season for us now and tomorrow will set the tone. A strong performance, the return of some important players, and a comfortable win and suddenly the outlook is completely different compared to just a few weeks prior.

I guess we are just looking for one performance, one result to kickstart our season and move us in the right direction.  Sometimes that is all it takes. 

No walk over this, Rotherham will give it a go and they are scraping for their lives, bit suprised they are in the bottom 3 with some of the football they have played this season. Pushed Norwich hard in their last game. We need the right mindset as this could be a banana skin.

have us due down for a 2-0 win, but just hope they dont get the first goal.  We need to get out of the blocks quickly for this one, glad Mounts back.

I’m in East Upper today and looking forward to it COYR’s 

35 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I still maintain that it’s all about next season for us.

But as the teams around us have contrived to give us a chance, we have to try our best to seize it and that starts this afternoon. While we have a chance, anything goes.

Especially coming back from this extended break. I hope we can look back and say the break came at just the right moment for us.

Let’s hope we come back reenergised, refocused and revived. We have to work to ensure the barren results of before are a distant memory.

It’s a nine game season for us now and tomorrow will set the tone. A strong performance, the return of some important players, and a comfortable win and suddenly the outlook is completely different compared to just a few weeks prior.

I guess we are just looking for one performance, one result to kickstart our season and move us in the right direction.  Sometimes that is all it takes. 

Good post this, totally agree

44 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I remain a happy clapper, but l now fear we aren’t quite good enough to make that final push.  14 points from 12 leagues games in 2019 is not a good stat, but perhaps one performance (today) will kickstart us. Mount and Lawrence need to bring something positive to the party.

l am going to try something different today.  Can’t remember when l last didn’t follow a game one way or another, but have decided today l am going to establish radio/internet silence, and simply turn on at 5 to 5 for the results. I am trying to eradicate the feelings of hope and despair that seem to have been impacting me year to date.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I am trying to eradicate the feelings of hope and despair that seem to have been impacting me year to date

Just this year?

I’m a lot more optimistic than I was when I thought everyone was just partying In Dubai.

2-0 with high energy and pressing.

I’m going to take a peeping approach,try and keep busy and keep having a cheeky look.

Not possible in a house with 3 lads to cocoon myself away.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I've just renewed. The sun is shining; last night's hangover is gone. The roof is down on the car. I'm about to set off for Pride Park...come on Derby. 

Very similar here... well, I've got me bike out, and that doesn't even have a roof!

Listen out for my bell, folks!  Coming through!

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

...Or indeed where you saw it... seeing as it's gonna get lost amongst the matchday posts, instead of being in the predictions thread.

Some people just can't follow rules!

No rules saying you can’t post predictions in this topic, just that they won’t count in the prediction league. Apology accepted.

Archived