Derby County v Rotherham United

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Ramarena said:

I think @DJFern94 has it about right. If we’re on the front foot (which we should with Holmes and Mount) then it’s ok. But if we end up on the back foot then BJ is going to have a lot of defensive work to get through and if that were the case the. I would expect Hudds to be introduced for one of Mount or Holmes.

As I’ve mentioned a number of times on here CM Is an acute problem for us as we don’t have the right blend (Shame King got injured). At home we might get away with this midfield line up because there’s plenty of talent in there, but away from home we need more grit, Industry and battling qualities that this division requires......great line up for playing a Prem team, not so sure about a championship side!

I'd say in attack we would look like this

Roos

Bogle   Keogh    Tomori     Malone

Johnson

Wilson            Mount

Holmes                           Lawrence

Waghorn

With Holmes Wilson Mount and Lawrence dropping back for defense

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

I'd say in attack we would look like this

Roos

Bogle   Keogh    Tomori     Malone

Johnson

Wilson            Mount

Holmes                           Lawrence

Waghorn

With Holmes Wilson Mount and Lawrence dropping back for defense

Think your right the only issue for me is that Holmes is the only one of those players with any defensive nouse and it’s not one of his strong areas.......makes it a little unbalanced for me.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Think your right the only issue for me is that Holmes is the only one of those players with any defensive nouse and it’s not one of his strong areas.......makes it a little unbalanced for me.

That is true, I think they're pretty interchangeable. But our best performances have come when Wilson and Mount have been in midfield together. Will be really interesting to watch!

1 minute ago, DJFern94 said:

That is true, I think they're pretty interchangeable. But our best performances have come when Wilson and Mount have been in midfield together. Will be really interesting to watch!

Yep completely agree on Wilson and Mount....no surprise Wilson’s form has dipped without Mount. Let’s hope that get that spark back straight away!

Sat down and ready to type out whats just happened for you folks who have to follow on here! Looking forward to this game. Think we're going to be good.

20 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yep completely agree on Wilson and Mount....no surprise Wilson’s form has dipped without Mount. Let’s hope that get that spark back straight away!

It's a lot to expect from Mount on his first game back.

Likely to be rusty and theres no hiding place in central midfield.

If he can at least help Holmes inject a bit of tempo Wilson and others will perhaps be able to find space and get the rhythm back into our play.

Rotherham are nobody's pushovers and we have to be on our guard, especially when it comes to aerial duels. 

According to the RamsTV commentator (might be Martin Tyler again? I'm a bit fuzzy in the brain) the Rotherham commentator or analyst described their team as "as weak as it could possibly be." 

No pressure, then.

Waghorn finds his way through on goal, doesn't pull the trigger for some reason and ends up being smothered.

Tomori misjudges a ball, and Rotherham get behind our lines, but Tomori recovers efficiently.

Archived