Derby County v Rotherham United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the players that are coming back from injuries, players like Lawrence & Marriott upping their fitness and the rest of the squad having a decent break I am looking forward to this game. I expect and think we will win this game comfortably. I know we have struggled against lower opposition but I have a good feeling for Saturday.

Not sure what team Frank will pick. Does he stick with what has helped us get out the little rut and stick with 4231 or does he go back to 433 with the returning players?

4231 : Roos - Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone - Hudd Johnson - Wilson Holmes Lawrence - Waghorn

433 : Carson - Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone - Hudd Mount Wilson - Waghorn Marriott Lawrence   (same team that beat West Brom 4-1)

Would be very harsh on any of Roos, Holmes or Johnson to get dropped but I do think now is the time to get our best team out there as often as possible for these final 9 games. Also, I don't think we need 2 holding/sitters at home to Rotherham. Could keep the same starting 11 and change to 433 with Hudd Johnson Holmes though.

The last time we fielded the same 11 that beat West Brom was the next game vs @M'Boro which we were very good in and should've won.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I expect and think we will win this game comfortably. I know we have struggled against lower opposition but I have a good feeling for Saturday

I hope you are right. Rotherham have only lost 2 of their last 5, same as us, but won one more than us so I expect a tricky game!

With everyone fit I'd go for 

Roos 

Bogle Keogh Tamori Malone 

Hudds 

Wilson mount Holmes Lawrence 

Marriott 

Expecting alot of possession this game so got to go for an attacking side. Wouldnt play this team away from home though possibly Johnson in for Holmes but for the first time in a long time Frank has options. Looking forward to the run in 

Holmes has to start, for me. If Mount is recalled then we should line up without one of Wilson or Lawrence. He's the heartbeat of the side right now and dropping him sends out all the wrong signals. We've moaned enough about Frank tinkering recently - dropping Duane ain't tinkering, it's a full engine-out jobby, least to my mind, so it's a big fat 'no' from me.

Back's playing up like fook, so if you see someone in East Stand concourse watching the 2nd half standing up watching the TV, please don't assume it's a banker not interested in the match, more a banker that can't sit down!

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Holmes has to start, for me. If Mount is recalled then we should line up without one of Wilson or Lawrence. He's the heartbeat of the side right now and dropping him sends out all the wrong signals. We've moaned enough about Frank tinkering recently - dropping Duane ain't tinkering, it's a full engine-out jobby, least to my mind, so it's a big fat 'no' from me.

Agree entirely, and bolded the solution imo. Give Wilson a kick up the arse and tell him to stop being such a pussy and learn to play through a challenge 

1 hour ago, Amberram said:

Playing Rotherham always reminds me of THAT night at the BBG, great night.

Im sure the game was played on a Friday night for some reason but I may be wrong.

Travelled up from London to see it and felt sick with nerves throughout...

Archived