Sign in to follow this  
Bwash_Ram

Derby County v Rotherham United

This is, for me, the season defining game. A confident and well structured win, hoepfully with our preferred XI, gives us all the momentum we need to go into the home straight full of belief we can win, win and win over the finishing line. A scrappy showing, unable to exact revenge for earlier in the season, and anything less than an emphatic win leaves us thinking that every game between now and May is a banana skin.

Anything less than a convincing win and this ageing Ram will have us down for another season in the Championship. But we can do it, we know we can...

On 14/03/2019 at 11:30, Tim Bucktoo said:

You’re on a roll me owd. Keep it going!!

I seem to have managed a batch of results

11 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

No Duncan?

Oh yeah! Forgot about Dunc. I was just looking back at the terrible Rotherham away game and thought I'd look at the line up for the West Brom game. It looks so good! But yeah we can't drop Duncan. Swap him in for old knuckleball?

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Oh yeah! Forgot about Dunc. I was just looking back at the terrible Rotherham away game and thought I'd look at the line up for the West Brom game. It looks so good! But yeah we can't drop Duncan. Swap him in for old knuckleball?

Yeah I'd go with that to give him a proverbial kick up the jacksie. Or maybe just cameo role for Mount to ease him back in gently. Could also make an argument for swapping him for Waggers although Dunc is more influential centrally imho.

Posted (edited)

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes Mount

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence 

Difficult one this. Wilson deservedly dropped, harsh on Johnson mind but just feel mount gives us that forward impetus while still retaining a bit of strength. Need to figure out how to score goals really or we aren’t going anywhere, hopefully that front three has enough in them with mount back in. Wanna see Holmes next to mount as well, could be magic that, don’t think we have yet?

Edited by Millenniumram

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes Mount

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence 

Difficult one this. Wilson deservedly dropped, harsh on Johnson mind but just feel mount gives us that forward impetus while still retaining a bit of strength. Need to figure out how to score goals really or we aren’t going anywhere, hopefully that front three has enough in them with mount back in. Wanna see Holmes next to mount as well, could be magic that, don’t think we have yet?

Mount is too light-weight in that role and Johnson has proved his worth in the 4-2-3-1 formation, which has seen us improve our performance of late. I agree we need to take our (and create more) opportunities. I would swap Mount for Wilson (with Mount in the centre) and not tinker any more than that.