Sign in to follow this  
Bwash_Ram

Derby County v Rotherham United

8 minutes ago, KCG said:

Mount is too light-weight in that role and Johnson has proved his worth in the 4-2-3-1 formation, which has seen us improve our performance of late. I agree we need to take our (and create more) opportunities. I would swap Mount for Wilson (with Mount in the centre) and not tinker any more than that.

I dunno, mounts stronger than most give him credit for imo, he’s stronger than bryson by a country mile for instance. But yeah Johnson’s done well and you couldn’t argue against him starting. Holmes on the wing is a big no tho, hes not at all suited to that role, moving him from the middle will kill us, he provides most of our creative threat. That’s mainly why I had to drop Johnson, maybe a narrow diamond and screw the wingers cause they never do anything of any quality?

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson Holmes

Mount

Waghorn Marriott 

Puts pressure on the fullbacks to provide width but they’re both good going forward and normally provide most our threat from wide anyway so it’s not like much will change, just get rid of the poo wingers who couldn’t deliver a final ball to save their lives. Obvs harsh on Lawrence but he can play that mount role as well. That’s the only other option I can see. May give us more of a midfield 

45 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I dunno, mounts stronger than most give him credit for imo, he’s stronger than bryson by a country mile for instance. But yeah Johnson’s done well and you couldn’t argue against him starting. Holmes on the wing is a big no tho, hes not at all suited to that role, moving him from the middle will kill us, he provides most of our creative threat. That’s mainly why I had to drop Johnson, maybe a narrow diamond and screw the wingers cause they never do anything of any quality?

Roos

Huddlestone

Johnson Holmes

Mount

Waghorn Marriott 

Puts pressure on the fullbacks to provide width but they’re both good going forward and normally provide most our threat from wide anyway so it’s not like much will change, just get rid of the poo wingers who couldn’t deliver a final ball to save their lives. Obvs harsh on Lawrence but he can play that mount role as well. That’s the only other option I can see. May give us more of a midfield 

No reason why mount should get a free pass to start.  IMO our problems have been worsened by tinkering.  If they play well they should get to start.  TL, BJ and Holmes have played well and need to feel the shirt is theirs to lose

Roos
          Hudds Johnson
Wilson    Holmes    Lawrence
              Waghorn

Mount to come on and get some minutes if he's fit enough, along with Marriott and another run out for JML. I think that team deserves another go - they were so unfortunate not to beat Stoke. 

That elusive 2-0 home win could be right around the corner 🤞

On 16/03/2019 at 02:51, Ramarena said:

At yeast someone backs our gaffer. We really knead three points to rise up the table!

In Frank we crust!

Was there really any knead for the puns?