Fans Forum @ Nunsfield House in Alvaston 27/3/19

Day
Message added by Day

Colin Gibson hosted Wednesday night's Fans Forum event with Owner and Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE, manager Frank Lampard and Chief Executive Stephen Pearce. 

Watch the forum in full at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/watch-the-fans-forum-in-full

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m not sure why going to this event equals broen nosing? I pay my hard earned cash to buy my season ticket and I am interested in what will be said. 

I don’t think I should go there and behave like Piers Morgan, posing aggressive questions. These are PR events, designed for the management to converse with the fans, which I think was promised as something that would be ongoing.  

That wasn't what the comment was though was it.

Am not decrying anything you've said my point was that some hard questions should be asked about the current finances if the club, expectations for this season and next if we fail to get promoted etc

I don't expect people to get the thumbscrews out on Mel Morris but by the same token dont expect everyone to turn up and ask totally innocuous pointless questions. Middle ground like anything. 

2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

So why don’t you want to go then? 

Surely if you have burning questions you would want to go there and pose them to the people who can answer them 

Who said I wouldn't want to go if I was invited how have you made that connection

On 08/03/2019 at 20:29, angieram said:

If there’s only 200 places available,  there are a suspiciously large number of invites to members of this forum! 

Yes; I thought so too. Statistically, a disproportionately larger than expected sample assuming that the Club are using a random sampling methodology to ensure a representative set of Derby County supporters generally. 

It might not be a disproportionate number of invites. It might be just that, as a group of people who spend far too much time on a fans form, we’re more likely to accept an invitation to spend the evening at a fans forum.

14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

No idea.  For the record, I have both!  

Don't know of other invitees are ST holders?

I have both too - also I got the gold season ticket this year for being a season ticket holder for more than ten years, so I don’t know if that may be a factor.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

At least 13 out of 210 tickets gone to Dcfcfans members, doesn't seem disproportionate does it?

Not really no.

6% of tickets have gone to members that have posted they have been invited. (I received one as well actually but unable to get down in the week with the missus working in Doncaster now). This year so far 785 members have either posted or reacted to a post.

01BB4B70-3D1F-46A9-8612-C36399C88A38.jpeg

We have a few more that don’t actively post/react, this year so far 1079 have signed in, which is what, roughly 4% of a 25,000 average crowd say.

DA668E25-3A5C-41E6-84DB-214A02A26C24.jpeg

Not a sniff for me. It’s Armchair Facism l tell you.

Not that I’d go. I am now officially housebound having been taken over by fear of being possibly stabbed by a non-knife wealding midget from Small Heath.

Archived