Fans Forum @ Nunsfield House in Alvaston 27/3/19

Day
Message added by Day

Colin Gibson hosted Wednesday night's Fans Forum event with Owner and Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE, manager Frank Lampard and Chief Executive Stephen Pearce. 

Watch the forum in full at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/watch-the-fans-forum-in-full

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, England Ram said:

Got an invite and secured my place.

Looking forward to it.

Some times our fans don't realise what a good opportunity this is. Not many chairmen and Managers will put themselves up in front of a forum like this regardless of league position.

If we have to pre select questions then I'm happy to put peoples in as well as having some of my own.

I'm sure part of the forum will be about this year, but with only 9 games to go then thoughts obviously will turn towards the 2019/20 season as well.

Lots of FFP and summer clear out questions......how close are we, do we have any room to maneuver, how many envision going?

Readiness of academy players.....any really ready to step up? Those out on loan all coming back and looking to start? do we expect too much too soon from U23's?

Targets for the summer with the restricted budgets...Areas of concern and focus to strenghten? Aging players tiring in Jan/Feb a concern to remedy?

Lamps comments about quick negativity from close to the club.. elaborate on that or including the fans as well?

Anything else to add?

The 2 questions I'd have liked to ask had I got an invite;

1. to Lampard - is he enjoying the job & is it easier/harder than he thought it'd be?
  2. to Morris and Lampard - with the expected big squad changes over the summer (expiring contracts, younger players being signed/promoted) is this a 2/3 year project to get Derby back up or is there a realistic expectation of a top 2 push next season?

I've always seen Lampard's appointment as a long term appointment given his inexperience & the lack of FFP room/age of our squad but it'd be good to hear them both talking through their plan going forward. It might also give some indication as to Morris' mindset given the rumours of him looking to sell.

16 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

The 2 questions I'd have liked to ask had I got an invite;

1. to Lampard - is he enjoying the job & is it easier/harder than he thought it'd be?
  2. to Morris and Lampard - with the expected big squad changes over the summer (expiring contracts, younger players being signed/promoted) is this a 2/3 year project to get Derby back up or is there a realistic expectation of a top 2 push next season?

I've always seen Lampard's appointment as a long term appointment given his inexperience & the lack of FFP room/age of our squad but it'd be good to hear them both talking through their plan going forward. It might also give some indication as to Morris' mindset given the rumours of him looking to sell.

Brilliant questions @LeedsCityRam; both of these are the ones that are my #1 questions to ask; as I’m going I might try and wrap them up into one question and ask them; if that’s ok with folks? ?

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Brilliant!

Just watched that, cheered me up! I have been to every forum that I’ve had an invite to before , just can’t make this one unfortunately so it’s a shame to waste the place , didn’t realise when I got it that it clashed with something else

20 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Brilliant!

Just watched that, cheered me up! I have been to every forum that I’ve had an invite to before , just can’t make this one unfortunately so it’s a shame to waste the place , didn’t realise when I got it that it clashed with something else

Just gave me a picture of @angieram racking up at the door with your invite and pretending to be a bloke.. 

3 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

How do you know if I’m a bloke or not? ?

Good question and it's a kind offer, but for that possible reason and also the fact that you'd probably have to share your customer number with me it probably wouldn't be realistic to do.

I appreciate the thought though, thanks.

So, so far, it appears we have:

@Ellafella, @Ewe Ram, @loweman2, @Bigfella, @Curtains, @StivePesley, @England Ram, @G STAR RAM, @MackworthRamIsGod, @Mucker1884  

23 tickets left, as of about 30 mins ago.

Not normally my sort of thing, but hey, if they are kind enough to invite me, it'd be rude not to!

Just need to remember... Mel is the bald one, Frank is the one that's looking old all of a sudden, and Stephen Pearce must be the other one... Just hope there's only three of 'em on the podium!

Now... Questions... I'm thinking...

Can we please have a single snake-like queuing system for each of the concourse refreshment bars/counters, á la Ticket Office?

Will my £450 overdraft with Natwest cover me for "New investment, for the good of the club"? 

Why have the South Stand not been forced to change the lyrics of "Frank Lampard's Barmy Army" to "Frank Lampard's Derby County"?

What's all this about sausages?

Can you please do your very, very best to ensure we get to the Final this year, as for the first time in 15 years, I won't be holidaying abroad at May BH weekend, and I've still never been to Wembley... new or old... despite being in my late '50's?

What's your favourite pun? (Asking for a friend!)

Cutting edge stuff!  Should be good!

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So, so far, it appears we have:

@Ellafella, @Ewe Ram, @loweman2, @Bigfella, @Curtains, @StivePesley, @England Ram, @G STAR RAM, @MackworthRamIsGod, @Mucker1884  

23 tickets left, as of about 30 mins ago.

Not normally my sort of thing, but hey, if they are kind enough to invite me, it'd be rude not to!

Just need to remember... Mel is the bald one, Frank is the one that's looking old all of a sudden, and Stephen Pearce must be the other one... Just hope there's only three of 'em on the podium!

Now... Questions... I'm thinking...

Can we please have a single snake-like queuing system for each of the concourse refreshment bars/counters, á la Ticket Office?

Will my £450 overdraft with Natwest cover me for "New investment, for the good of the club"? 

Why have the South Stand not been forced to change the lyrics of "Frank Lampard's Barmy Army" to "Frank Lampard's Derby County"?

What's all this about sausages?

Can you please do your very, very best to ensure we get to the Final this year, as for the first time in 15 years, I won't be holidaying abroad at May BH weekend, and I've still never been to Wembley... new or old... despite being in my late '50's?

What's your favourite pun? (Asking for a friend!)

Cutting edge stuff!  Should be good!

Say Angry said hi Mel...

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Plus... @EnigmaRam and @SaffyRam

...and to cap it all, I renewed this avvy!  Yeah me!  What a great day to be a Ram!

I may have missed the last game due to arselessness, and I may be missing tomorrow's game due to family stuff, but deep down, there's still a full fan in there somewhere!  

UTR

Archived