Fans Forum @ Nunsfield House in Alvaston 27/3/19

Day
Message added by Day

Colin Gibson hosted Wednesday night's Fans Forum event with Owner and Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE, manager Frank Lampard and Chief Executive Stephen Pearce. 

Watch the forum in full at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/watch-the-fans-forum-in-full

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We need stability in the Managerial role 

Surely almost every club in the league are a potential stepping stone?

Especially if you appoint a young manager.

I don't disagree with you but I doubt anyone is going to make you a promise that our current managerial setup will remain in place for a significant period of time, its just not possible, and thats irrespective of if we appointed Frank Lampard or any other manager who does a good job. I know if you were my line manager and asked me to say I would definitely not leave for another role in the next 3 years, I would give you an honest statement that i was committed to the job in hand and that I had no intention of leaving, but i would stop short of promises, who knows what opportunities are around the corner, the same applies for Lampard...and also for Mel too.

Personally I do feel if Lampard is offered the Chelsea job he will probably be back being a pundit within 12 months.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The issue isn't whether chelsea come calling. Everyone would accept that.

the issue is whether relationship between manager and chairman is in any way strained, and whether frank is getting fed up with it.

True, however at present all we have is a newspaper report that says this is the case. FL recently came out and said that he was fully aware of the financial state at the club, maybe we should wait until we get official word before jumping to conclusions. 

Not that I’d be surprised either way though tbh.

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The issue isn't whether chelsea come calling. Everyone would accept that.

the issue is whether relationship between manager and chairman is in any way strained, and whether frank is getting fed up with it.

Frank was on talk sport last week and spoke very highly of Mel Morris.

34 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Surely almost every club in the league are a potential stepping stone?

Especially if you appoint a young manager.

I don't disagree with you but I doubt anyone is going to make you a promise that our current managerial setup will remain in place for a significant period of time, its just not possible, and thats irrespective of if we appointed Frank Lampard or any other manager who does a good job. I know if you were my line manager and asked me to say I would definitely not leave for another role in the next 3 years, I would give you an honest statement that i was committed to the job in hand and that I had no intention of leaving, but i would stop short of promises, who knows what opportunities are around the corner, the same applies for Lampard...and also for Mel too.

Personally I do feel if Lampard is offered the Chelsea job he will probably be back being a pundit within 12 months.

Why we he not make a success of the Chelsea job !

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think I'd like answers on:

Are we in trouble with FFP - i.e. rule out points, embargo and fine being likely, also if we have to sell to buy for ffp reasons? I would hope a clear it's ok message comes back on that front.

Is the ending of a number of players contracts the start of a big shift in direction? I suspect the answers on this will be vague, but it'll be interesting to get a feel - big reliance on academy? austerity ahead?  determined to remain competitive in the division?? - just be nice to have an idea on the plan

Lamps - I expect the "correct" professional answer will be given, but it'll be interesting to get a read of him, he's done enough to show he can be a manager but I'm not convinced he's getting the Chelsea job off the back of it, but will he see greener grass?

Please say your going to this radio, 

these are exactly the questions I would like answering, as u say may get a bit of pre prepared twaddle but hopefully people going can gage the validity of the answers 

Sith Happens
Just now, Curtains said:

Why we he not make a success of the Chelsea job !

He might do yeah. Its just a feeling thats all. I dont think hes right for Chelsea just now, 6 months in and Chelsea find themselves struggling in the race for top 4 etc and he could easily be out, and where does he go after that, surely for him managing Chelsea will be the pinnacle, something to aspire to be.

Best thing for me is he gets us up, maybe next season, a couple of years making us a promising Wolves type PL team, an FA Cup win...then yeah off to Chelsea you can go.

We will still sing Frankie whats the score when we are 2-0 up against them mind ?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

He might do yeah. Its just a feeling thats all. I dont think hes right for Chelsea just now, 6 months in and Chelsea find themselves struggling in the race for top 4 etc and he could easily be out, and where does he go after that, surely for him managing Chelsea will be the pinnacle, something to aspire to be.

Best thing for me is he gets us up, maybe next season, a couple of years making us a promising Wolves type PL team, an FA Cup win...then yeah off to Chelsea you can go.

We will still sing Frankie whats the score when we are 2-0 up against them mind ?

He knows Chelsea inside out though. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Frank was on talk sport last week and spoke very highly of Mel Morris.

Tbf though there’s only billy Davies who’s stupid enough to slag off his own employer.....

hmmmmm

actually stupid or a genius ????

hasnt had to look too hard for work has he since all those pay offs lol 

57 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Please say your going to this radio, 

these are exactly the questions I would like answering, as u say may get a bit of pre prepared twaddle but hopefully people going can gage the validity of the answers 

I'm afraid not, but I trust folks who are going will ask questions along these lines because they're kind of the main ones I can see and we'll get reports back on here I'm sure. They usually upload the video of the thing after don't they?

On 24/03/2019 at 18:04, RadioactiveWaste said:

They usually upload the video of the thing after don't they?

The last one they did (eventually) publish the full video, but other ones I think have been edited. I wouldn't be surprised if we see an edited version if some of the answers start getting candid

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Do you need to print a ticket or just give your name at the door?

Last time it was just a name on the door thing

59 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

The last one they did (eventually) publish the full video, but other ones I think have been edited. I wouldn't be surprised if we see an edited version if some of the answers start getting candid

Last time it was just a name on the door thing

Just give your name on the door. 

Are these invites transferable, does anyone know?

Looks like I'm gonna be out of town tomorrow, despite my attempts to wangle out of it, and it seems highly unlikely that I'll get back in time... although I'm still currently trying to sort something!

If I can't make it, should I contact the club (so they can send a late invite out to A.N. Other?)  I presume it would be unethical to offer my place on here?  

The meeting won't lose out, as I seriously doubt I'd have been chipping in with any searching questions, but it'd be a shame to have an empty seat that someone else could make use of.

Thoughts?  

26 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Are these invites transferable, does anyone know?

Looks like I'm gonna be out of town tomorrow, despite my attempts to wangle out of it, and it seems highly unlikely that I'll get back in time... although I'm still currently trying to sort something!

If I can't make it, should I contact the club (so they can send a late invite out to A.N. Other?)  I presume it would be unethical to offer my place on here?  

The meeting won't lose out, as I seriously doubt I'd have been chipping in with any searching questions, but it'd be a shame to have an empty seat that someone else could make use of.

Thoughts?  

If you can’t go let the club know, you can’t say to a mate use my name as they ask you bring photo ID

36 minutes ago, UTFR said:

Someone going please ask if there's any chance they could announce any overseas pre-seasons trips earlier than they do. pls thanks ta

Rumoured to be Dubai, don’t book it yet though as it’s subject to funds 

Archived