Fans Forum @ Nunsfield House in Alvaston 27/3/19

Day
Message added by Day

Colin Gibson hosted Wednesday night's Fans Forum event with Owner and Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE, manager Frank Lampard and Chief Executive Stephen Pearce. 

Watch the forum in full at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/watch-the-fans-forum-in-full

3 minutes ago, David said:

Words and contracts mean nothing, (Hi Gary ?), actions speak louder. 

I know some fans want the club or manager to respond to every piece of gossip filling the tabloid columns, but Lampard will be linked to Chelsea wherever he is until the day he’s appointed Chelsea manager.

It’s something I came to terms with personally before he was even appointed, think we all should to be honest and not fuel their little campfire they have going.

The media want their fairy tale story to follow and write about, his press conferences today still have questions popping up on his thoughts over what Chelsea are doing, they are not interested in the Championship or Derby County. Frank Lampard’s Derby County was great for a few months but now your Henry Winter’s will only turn up now when we’re in the cup against a Premier League team.

He was supposed to waltz into Derby, win the league with Chelsea youngsters on loan then take the reins down their and bring through the likes of Hudson Odoi for them.

They want Super Frankie Lampard back London, down the road at the Bridge, they can’t wait and will try and will do their best to force it.

Let them write, he’s responded to the rumours enough already, last thing we need is demands for Ram tattoos on his backside and pink promises. 

Even though I like Frank you can’t say I didn’t warn you on this. 

It was obvious and said so at the time. 

Come off it David you know a wanted Nigel Clough after Gary Rowett left. 

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

Even though I like Frank you can’t say I didn’t warn you on this. 

It was obvious and said so at the time. 

Come off it David you know a wanted Nigel Clough. 

Warn us of what? That one day Frank Lampard would leave the club? 

Don’t suppose you have the winning lottery numbers as well do you?

Of course he wasn’t going to start his career and retire at Derby, do you not think Nigel would have left as well had a Premier League club came knocking on his door? 

He jumped the Burton ship to come here and I’m sure he wouldn’t have thought twice to jump SS Pride Park If a bigger opportunity arose.

Very rare any manager stays around long enough for the gold carriage clock anymore.

1 minute ago, David said:

Warn us of what? That one day Frank Lampard would leave the club? 

Don’t suppose you have the winning lottery numbers as well do you?

Of course he wasn’t going to start his career and retire at Derby, do you not think Nigel would have left as well had a Premier League club came knocking on his door? 

He jumped the Burton ship to come here and I’m sure he wouldn’t have thought twice to jump SS Pride Park If a bigger opportunity arose.

Very rare any manager stays around long enough for the gold carriage clock anymore.

Merry go round 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Fair enough what was your position on Frank and will he stay. 

My position was and is the same now. See how it goes and back the team, and of course he will not stay if Chelsea or any other ambitious top club come calling and he thinks he is ready to step up.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

My position was and is the same now. See how it goes and back the team, and of course he will not stay if Chelsea or any other ambitious top club come calling and he thinks he is ready to step up.

So what was the point and maybe Mel realises it now if Frank goes to Chelsea 

I think I'd like answers on:

Are we in trouble with FFP - i.e. rule out points, embargo and fine being likely, also if we have to sell to buy for ffp reasons? I would hope a clear it's ok message comes back on that front.

Is the ending of a number of players contracts the start of a big shift in direction? I suspect the answers on this will be vague, but it'll be interesting to get a feel - big reliance on academy? austerity ahead?  determined to remain competitive in the division?? - just be nice to have an idea on the plan

Lamps - I expect the "correct" professional answer will be given, but it'll be interesting to get a read of him, he's done enough to show he can be a manager but I'm not convinced he's getting the Chelsea job off the back of it, but will he see greener grass?

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Well Frank has a contract. What else are you expecting from him?

Would any employee ever rule out being poached for a bigger job down the line?

I think that if Mac was given crap for the linking with Newcastle then Frank can expect similar?

One of the main complaints in the end against Mac 1 was how it derailed us and upset the squad. Will we then have to expect the same everytime Lampard is a bit successful and linked with Chelsea? 

48 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lucky you...nothing in any of my boxes.

Maybe next year....but it's not happened for the last five years so I won't hold my breath.

They've got your number! 

And they're leaving it out of the draw! ? ?

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

So what was the point and maybe Mel realises it now if Frank goes to Chelsea 

What was the point in what? Appointing Frank!

What is the point of buying players or having an academy if players are only going to leave if they get a better offer?

36 minutes ago, ossieram said:

What was the point in what? Appointing Frank!

What is the point of buying players or having an academy if players are only going to leave if they get a better offer?

We need stability in the Managerial role 

The issue isn't whether chelsea come calling. Everyone would accept that.

the issue is whether relationship between manager and chairman is in any way strained, and whether frank is getting fed up with it.

Archived