Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi
8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

How would you assess that performance then

An expected defeat to a mid table premier league side. Not a lot more to say.

2 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

An expected defeat to a mid table premier league side. Not a lot more to say.

A team that has been struggling and has fallen towards the bottom, and we played their reserves.

Not excusing the performance one bit. But I think we have been treated to some fantastic performances against Premier league opponents this season. Like people have already said, we have lost to a mid table Premier league team 2-1. It is what anyone would expect. 

The boys weren't all at it today, and the cup games we have had this season have been nice. But now we can concentrate on the league getting ourselves back into the playoffs. 

COYR

15 minutes ago, David said:

First half was a continuation from Ipswich, jumped on here and read that Rowett was sacked for less, closed the laptop and put the kettle on instead.

Second half much better but too late by then, Brighton sat back and tried to see the game out, can’t blame them, no point pushing for more with us offering so little, why give us a sniff on the counter.

We had chances, wasted chances, greedy from Tomori at the end, you have to believe Bryson would have buried it had he laid it off but not sure I would have been able to contain myself had it flew in.

Positives were Jozefzoon and Cole, both changed the game and Roos....even if he does test my ticker when he comes flying out. 

Kelle has shown enough to put a claim in on the Number 1 shirt, sort his contract out Monday morning. 

Wanted to see something from Jozefzoon for a while and there it was, need more now in the run in. 

And Cole, oh Ashley Cole, we need one of those Nigerian time machines, if you ignore the stray passes and the goal, you can still see an intelligent defender that oozes class and yes I am saying this because the missus let it slip she’s bought me a Cole shirt for my birthday in 10 days (just a reminder ?).

Concentrate on the league now right?

Has she checked the size?

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because it was crosses coming from our right hand side which Brighton scored from..?

Whether its not stopping crosses, he has to do much better for Brighton's first, Knockaert starts wider out than him and Bogle does track. He lost the ball lots today

TobyWanKenobi
6 minutes ago, KCG said:

A team that has been struggling and has fallen towards the bottom, and we played their reserves.

How many of our squad would be anything other than premier league reserves?

5 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Mid table premier league reserve team .

They sent out a stronger team today than the one that absolutely pasted West Brom at the Hawthornes about a fortnight ago. It was a poor performance today and I'm not excusing it, the first half in particular was awful but let's not pretend this wasn't a tough game to begin with.

We've got some negatives and some positives we can take out of today, probably more of the former if I'm being honest. However at the very least we can focus on the league now and if Bristol City manage to beat Wolves, their horrible run of games will get a lot harder.

It was just such a disappointing performance - it wasnt unreasonable to hope for more.

Something appears to have gone badly wrong again at the club at this time of year.

The belief and positivity seems to have seeped out of the team , both at the management and player level

The pointless repeatedly playing across the back to then lose the ball to the pressing opposition

The confusion our goalie has when his ten yard pass to his full backs is blocked off

The desire from two of our midfielders to always to look  backwards when they receive the ball

Passing the ball back into our half when we have free kicks in the opposition half - what on earth is that all about ?

The whole thing seems to stem from a lack of positivity and belief - its almost shambolic 

The last four away games have been at Accrington, Preston, Ipswich and Brighton B. All of them awful to watch and totally uninspiring. The grim reality is that these performances have been worse than those seen under Clement and Rowett.

When you see teams like Bristol, Preston, Leeds and Norwich all perform so much better than Rams with less resources . 

Makes you wonder why 

At the moment, Frank is failing. Be interesting to see how long he gets to turn it around. 

Miss Mount badly....also you can see today why we need Lawrence in the side he can score out of nothing and is always trying to do something.Yes he can be frustrating when it is not coming off but he never hides from continually doing it till it does.

Wednesday the team should be 

Roos

Bogle.   Keogh.     Tomori.  Cole

Huddlestone

King.                     Wilson

Waghorn.       Marriott.         Lawrence

3 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Miss Mount badly....also you can see today why we need Lawrence in the side he can score out of nothing and is always trying to do something.Yes he can be frustrating when it is not coming off but he never hides from continually doing it till it does.

Wednesday the team should be 

Roos

Bogle.   Keogh.     Tomori.  Cole

Huddlestone

King.                     Wilson

Waghorn.       Marriott.         Lawrence

I think Mount has been off the pace for the last 10 games. I hope the enforced break will have done him good and he comes back refreshed and more like the player he was at the start of the season....

Archived