Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have long term doubts about Frank but we’re doing loads better in all comps than I imagined. I think he could be another Bryan Robson and will never manage his beloved club, but for now he’s here and I’m not going to diss him. Positives for me, he seems to be able to get a reaction from them when he lays in to them and he isn’t scared of making changes. 

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

He is Im atraid.

His teams are scared to death of their opposition, no matter what league they play in.

His players are frightened to death of holding the ball or even, god forbid, playing it forward to their team mates

They are being outplayed by better footballing players who are earning a fraction of ours 

Any team who's  first thought is to take free kicks awarded in the oppositions half back inside their own half  - wow 

There doesnt appear to be any forward strategy of any sort 

The club are being taken for a ride by this Frank/Jody thing - both of them are out of their depth 

This has to parody, surely? 

Just watched the game been out all day. Really frustrating how we played in the first half. We were really poor. Nugent tried his best but think time has caught up with him. Second half Brighton sat back and for a while we couldn’t break them down.  Good to see jack Marriott back and Ashley Cole getting 45 minutes. 

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

He is Im atraid.

His teams are scared to death of their opposition, no matter what league they play in.

His players are frightened to death of holding the ball or even, god forbid, playing it forward to their team mates

They are being outplayed by better footballing players who are earning a fraction of ours 

Any team who's  first thought is to take free kicks awarded in the oppositions half back inside their own half  - wow 

There doesnt appear to be any forward strategy of any sort 

The club are being taken for a ride by this Frank/Jody thing - both of them are out of their depth 

There's so much wrong about this post. Interesting to compare it with your post of less than 2 weeks ago when you suggested the players were showing belief and confidence in themselves and also in Lampard and his team and we were building on solid foundations.

Since then we've been hit by injuries to key players. Nevertheless we have not played anywhere near to our potential but still recorded 2 wins and 2 draws in our 4 Championship matches.

If we turn the form around in the next half dozen games I have no idea whether you'll be in pro-Frank or anti-Frank mode and more to the point, neither will you. Talk about a fine weather fan!

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m absolutely dead. The boys are trying to get me to go out in Derby tonight for my mate’s birthday. I’m not sure.

Never turn a night down at your age. You will regret it when you end up like me, sat with a gin staring at the wall wondering where your youth went ?.

15 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Never turn a night down at your age. You will regret it when you end up like me, sat with a gin staring at the wall wondering where your youth went ?.

Some of our best nights out were spur of the moment and when you thought, nah I’m done. Second wind soon comes. 

Archived