Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

Why can’t Frank see that Nugent and Bryson are finished ? If we are trying to play a passing game forget Bryson with his poor 1st touch and sorry but Nugent is a total passenger and if Marriott is not fit then Waggy must start up top.

Have a little faith, he isn't daft , this is a work in progress ..........patience dear boy !

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a new stadium, it is really poor in terms of getting to it. No football ground/parking signage compared to how well PP is signed from nearly every major route into Derby.

Got lied to 3 times as to where to park by the police and then event staff, which meant despite being within a mile of the ground an hour before kick-off went round in (very slow) circles before getting sent down a something resembling a rabbit hole to a carpark which promptly charged me £15 to park there and ended up missing the kick off!!!

That train station looked awful afterwards too. Wouldn't want to do that after every home game.

Also got tapped for £11 for 2 hours in an NCP down by the front afterwards too!! 

All round, a Gopping place with idea's well above its station.

31 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

For a new stadium, it is really poor in terms of getting to it. No football ground/parking signage compared to how well PP is signed from nearly every major route into Derby.

Got lied to 3 times as to where to park by the police and then event staff, which meant despite being within a mile of the ground an hour before kick-off went round in (very slow) circles before getting sent down a something resembling a rabbit hole to a carpark which promptly charged me £15 to park there and ended up missing the kick off!!!

That train station looked awful afterwards too. Wouldn't want to do that after every home game.

Also got tapped for £11 for 2 hours in an NCP down by the front afterwards too!! 

Did you get sent to the car park down the hill under a little narrow bridge? Rubbish surface and a pig to get out of? They did that to me a few years ago. I use the train now. They're so frequent it clears pretty4quickly.

A genuine point of order. Why didn't we get a VAR review when Wilson was taken out in the act of shooting (on his right foot)? It was crazy there was a VAR review to try to have him sent off, but seemed a glaring omission not to have the VAR people look at the Brighton follow through that left him poleaxed in the area.

VAR needs big changes. Perhaps two challenges a match that you keep if your challenge is upheld? With constant updating for the fans at the ground and the showing of whatever incident is being reviewed on the big screen.

I would hazard an educated guess that 95% of the supporters on this forum are of the opinion that Martin Waghorn is a much better option at centre forward than David Nugent.

It is no longer feasible or credible for us to have any self doubt in our own judgement of this fact .. that Frank Lampard knows better than us because he is a professional football manager is no longer a certainty. 

He manifestly does not ! He is patently mistaken, wrong, deluded re this matter ! 

And this is a disturbing issue, as the prospects for our promotion chances are in his hands ..

He is not beyond criticism because he has generally done a great job thus far, he is not perfect ! 

1 hour ago, Ram8 said:

I would hazard an educated guess that 95% of the supporters on this forum are of the opinion that Martin Waghorn is a much better option at centre forward than David Nugent.

It is no longer feasible or credible for us to have any self doubt in our own judgement of this fact .. that Frank Lampard knows better than us because he is a professional football manager is no longer a certainty. 

He manifestly does not ! He is patently mistaken, wrong, deluded re this matter ! 

And this is a disturbing issue, as the prospects for our promotion chances are in his hands ..

He is not beyond criticism because he has generally done a great job thus far, he is not perfect ! 

Lampard may agree that Waghorn is a better centre forward than Nugent but still think that the team is better with Waghorn in a wide position and Nugent up front. Or Lamps may think that if only Nuge can grab a goal he will be infused with renewed confidence and be a better centre forward than Waghorn. Despite Nugent's cheery demeanour, he knows better than anyone on this site that he needs a goal and must be absolutely desperate to score.

I'd rather have our prospects of promotion in Lampard's hands than yours or a forum vote. I agree he's not perfect and agree he's generally done a good job. I suspect Frank is his own biggest critic. In football that's likely rare, and makes me more willing to give him my trust and support.

8 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Totally agree. Took us 1.5 hours after the match to get back to our car on the park and ride and out of that car park. Ridiculous and I can't understand why the Brighton fans put up with it.

10 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

Why can’t Frank see that Nugent and Bryson are finished ? If we are trying to play a passing game forget Bryson with his poor 1st touch and sorry but Nugent is a total passenger and if Marriott is not fit then Waggy must start up top.

He most then likely does but hes not gonna disturb the u23 and u18 if he doesnt have too as they are both doing so well! you will see them players more in the summer when the the dead wood have gone! 

15 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

I have long term doubts about Frank but we’re doing loads better in all comps than I imagined. I think he could be another Bryan Robson and will never manage his beloved club, but for now he’s here and I’m not going to diss him. Positives for me, he seems to be able to get a reaction from them when he lays in to them and he isn’t scared of making changes. 

Maybe but he is working with the tools he has balanced with a need to move high earners on - he is doing ok

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Did you get sent to the car park down the hill under a little narrow bridge? Rubbish surface and a pig to get out of? They did that to me a few years ago. I use the train now. They're so frequent it clears pretty4quickly.

Yeah, after being sent to various places around the Uni campus first.!!

I had planned to park in Lewes and get train. But the last 50 miles from end of the M40 to Brighton were very slow going and got me there an hour later than planned .

Instead of risking being miles away from the Amex with a train to catch, suitable parking to find in Lewes, a 5yr old in tow and only an hour on the clock I headed for the stadium. 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A genuine point of order. Why didn't we get a VAR review when Wilson was taken out in the act of shooting (on his right foot)? It was crazy there was a VAR review to try to have him sent off, but seemed a glaring omission not to have the VAR people look at the Brighton follow through that left him poleaxed in the area.

VAR needs big changes. Perhaps two challenges a match that you keep if your challenge is upheld? With constant updating for the fans at the ground and the showing of whatever incident is being reviewed on the big screen.

VAR is really rubbish at the mo. If it's going to be introduced into the premiership next season, goal celebrations for both players and fans, will be delayed while everyone stops and waits for the VAR review. Plain daft.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe but he is working with the tools he has balanced with a need to move high earners on - he is doing ok

My main worry is that it is the same mistakes, both tactically and individually, that are costing us games. 

Too slow starting games. 

Too slow moving the ball.

Too many long balls to a lone striker.

Inability to stop crosses.

If I was seeing improvement in these areas I'd be a lot more comfortable, but it's like groundhog day.

Long gone are the quick passing and pressing and I'm not really sure what we are left with.

Extremely worrying that it's been pretty much Roos, Keogh or Tomori that have been MOTM for the last 2 months.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Don’t understand why Bryson’s been played as the linking midfielder all season 

Said the same yesterday, he's a complete waste of a shirt, especially when everything is so static up ahead of him.

If you want someone to run for 90 minutes,  collect a pass off the centre backs and give it straight back to them you could get a 16 year old to do it on minimum wage.

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Is VAR used for all of the goals too?

For their first goal it looked to me like their number 9 was offside and in Roos' line of vision. Not seen any replays though. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

For their first goal it looked to me like their number 9 was offside and in Roos' line of vision. Not seen any replays though. 

If VAR becomes the norm, there will eventually be silence until confirmation it's a goal or not! Jeez.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

14 minutes ago, TimRam said:

If VAR becomes the norm, there will eventually be silence until confirmation it's a goal or not! Jeez.

I think it is used to check every goal. Hence Bryson's beautiful goal against Southampton that everyone thought was fine ended up being ruled out. 

Don't recall an issue with Brighton's first. Not seen it back. While I agree with interpreting it as offside if someone is in an offside position in the keeper's line of sight (seems obviously the correct thing to do), most commentators say it's only offside if they touch it. As though the officials ignore the line of sight thing. 

21 hours ago, LazloW said:

There is a big difference between recognising you have been poor and being irrational and hyperbolic though isn’t there (not aiming this at you, but you must admit that there are some over the top responses to defeats)?.

I agree, but I did criticise those types in a previous comment I made.

To be honest I find both extremes to be pathetic. I absolutely believe I am correct in having a go though at people who think theirs is the only view that counts. There are some on here who bully anyone who isn't a happy clapper, and they'll accuse me and others of being wrist-slashers when we are clearly not.

It is not a crime to recognise a poor performance. It's certainly better than seeing the Rams through rose-coloured specs!

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think it is used to check every goal. Hence Bryson's beautiful goal against Southampton that everyone thought was fine ended up being ruled out. 

Don't recall an issue with Brighton's first. Not seen it back. While I agree with interpreting it as offside if someone is in an offside position in the keeper's line of sight (seems obviously the correct thing to do), most commentators say it's only offside if they touch it. As though the officials ignore the line of sight thing. 

I hope all goals where a striker is possibly offside aren't reviewed, Hendrick's winner in the ten man game will be ruled out!

Archived