19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Would be nice, but when you take a look at Chelseas first team squad I don't see how they could let Ginkel go, they are a bit light in midfield.

I took a look.

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Barkley

Loftus-Cheek 

Drinkwater

Bakayoko

Ampadu

Mount

Pasalic

Kenedy

Nathan

Pantic

Ginkel

Not sure how much quality they have in youngsters but I assume there's some more. Some might say they have enough quality to play with three man centre midfield.

17 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I took a look.

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Barkley

Loftus-Cheek 

Drinkwater

Bakayoko

Ampadu

Mount

Pasalic

Kenedy

Nathan

Pantic

Ginkel

Not sure how much quality they have in youngsters but I assume there's some more. Some might say they have enough quality to play with three man centre midfield.

When you put it like that ?

Mason Mount has got a lot to do to play regular first team football with that lot there.

Does anyone else think Ampadu is a bit over rated for a champions league team? With Jorginho and Kante ahead of him I can’t see him getting any game time. Would be better to go out(come here) and get a full season of competitive football under his belt

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When you put it like that ?

Mason Mount has got a lot to do to play regular first team football with that lot there.

If Cocu can introduce a few new players, we may see a much-improved Mason Mount when he returns.

We just need a more solid midfield pairing to support him.

If he has free rein to support the forwards he will be electric.

12 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I took a look.

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Barkley

Loftus-Cheek 

Drinkwater

Bakayoko

Ampadu

Mount

Pasalic

Kenedy

Nathan

Pantic

Ginkel

Could see Mount and Van Ginkel allowed out on loan with that sqaud, would be great if we could get either here next season. I'd imagin the way in which we handled the Lampard situation, development of thier players last season and the philosophy of the manager we've brought in will put us at the top of the queue for thier loan players. 

9 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Could see Mount and Van Ginkel allowed out on loan with that sqaud, would be great if we could get either here next season. I'd imagin the way in which we handled the Lampard situation, development of thier players last season and the philosophy of the manager we've brought in will put us at the top of the queue for thier loan players. 

If Mount was coming to Derby to learn under Lee Bowyer then there wasn't a chance.

Now we have Cocu, who wouldn't want to work under him and learn from yet another great manager, for Mount, not only would he be learning from a great, he would also be familiar with his surroundings, I hope it happens.

Dear Frank,

12 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Does anyone else think Ampadu is a bit over rated for a champions league team? With Jorginho and Kante ahead of him I can’t see him getting any game time. Would be better to go out(come here) and get a full season of competitive football under his belt

With that in mind, please can we have him on loan?

Yours sincerely,

Mel

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Mount was coming to Derby to learn under Lee Bowyer then there wasn't a chance.

Now we have Cocu, who wouldn't want to work under him and learn from yet another great manager, for Mount, not only would he be learning from a great, he would also be familiar with his surroundings, I hope it happens.

I agree. I think that the conditions would be perfect.

I think we are likely to see us playing as a more solid defensive unit as well as a proper holding midfielder and an energetic all action box-to-box centre mid. What would be lacking is the playmaker and Mount would be perfect. The more solid defence would give him more licence to roam.

I would agree with the appointment of Cocu would probably help us out in terms of being seen as an attractive place for his development to cotinue.

However, my gut feeling is that it won't happen. I think he genuinely could be given a chance to impress at Chelsea or, failing that, think Frank will want to expose him to Premier League football at somewhere like West Ham or Bournemouth etc.

Tomori and other young Chelsea players are a different story, though - I think we're in with a shout.

To get Mount back would be insane, mind.

Just now, HantsRam said:

In the same way that there is now a button to "Schtart a new topic", this thread needs retitling to

"19/20 Schummer Transfer Schuggestion Thresd"

?

Make it so @David

I'm not sure I can cope with that much sch around the place, the amount of time I spend on here I will end up picking the accent and talking like McClaren

4 hours ago, David said:

I'm not sure I can cope with that much sch around the place, the amount of time I spend on here I will end up picking the accent and talking like McClaren

I already have an accshent!...There, you shee!

After the starting XI thread started by @Hathersage Ram, I think the areas we need to strengthen are:

CB (x2) - 

CM (x2) - 

RW - 

ST - 

We've lost two CBs (Pearce and Tomori) and only have two on the books who are both well over 30, so both those slots will need replacing. We've also lost Johnson, Bryson and the all-important Mount, so we need at least two central midfielders with a lot of energy and attacking prowess. We also need to look to replace Wilson, and I suspect Cocu will want a big No.9 type striker. Early names coming to mind are:

CB (x2) - Tomori (Chelsea), Ajayi (Rotherham), van Beek (Feyenoord), Cooper (Millwall), Sarr (Charlton), Findlay (Kilmarnock), Souttar (Hearts), Nsiala (Ipswich), van der Hoorn (Swansea). 

CM (x2) - Van Ginkel (Chelsea), Till (AZ Alkmaar), Sawyers (Brentford), Haugen (SK Brann), Swift (Reading), Hestad (Molde)

Haven't had much time to think up options for the RW and up top just yet...

Getting Mount back would be a huge favour from Frank and could happen. I do think he will want to challenge himself at a mid table Premier League side, or go to the Bundesliga or equivalent. He has Proven himself in the Eredivisie and the Championship, he will see his next challenge higher. 

11 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Anyone elsh think we could ushe a  big Dutch Shentre back ??

When you really think about it, the Dutch are basically just Germans with legalised weed, so I'm all for it

Archived