19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

Had it been up to Jamaal himself he'd have been at Derby as a 15/16 year old rather than Forest. I worked in the same office as his mum and we used to get phone calls from Nigel Clough asking to talk to her to discuss bringing him over to the right side of the red & white divide.

Obviously I'm not privy to their actual discussions but at the time (early 2009) it was thought that Forest's academy was the better choice, and better at keeping the kids grounded or something like that. In fairness you can't argue that it wasn't the correct decision.

I'd like to think that if the same situation was to arise in 2019 then with all the work (& money!) put into our Academy by MM the family would choose Derby over Forest.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Get the Chelsea loans sorted now before Frank leaves

Tomori please?!?!?!?

I'm hoping that a positive to come out of this is that Frank would be willing to send Tomori back. 

I think it's a massive mistake on his part to leave now. He is not ready for the Chelsea job.

He did well here, but nothing to me suggests he's ready to take on management at that level. 

He made plenty of mistakes here that he got away with because of his inexperience and because we are where we are - he will not get away with it there. 

Could you imagine him having a spat with a star striker over the course of the season, him coming on as a sub and dragging Chelsea into a cup final, then being dropped for the final? I doubt he would get much in the way of understanding. It's a different level of scrutiny.

Chelsea is the ultimate managerial revolving door and look at the names who have either left or been pushed out recently: Mourinho, Sarri, Conte, Benitez...I can't see him lasting all that long.

2 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I'm hoping that a positive to come out of this is that Frank would be willing to send Tomori back. 

And access to a few other loanees hopefully - Assuming we bring in a manager who Jody respects will nurture the talent

3 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I think it's a massive mistake on his part to leave now. He is not ready for the Chelsea job.

I agree - But he has confidence

Plus, he hasn't technically taken the job yet!

4 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Could you imagine him having a spat with a star striker over the course of the season, him coming on as a sub and dragging Chelsea into a cup final, then being dropped for the final? I doubt he would get much in the way of understanding. It's a different level of scrutiny.

1) We don't know what happened with Marriott - He was injured and then when he came back Waggers was playing great

2) I'd say half the managers around have had the same or similar at times - They're all as driven by ego/personality as any player

14 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

1) We don't know what happened with Marriott - He was injured and then when he came back Waggers was playing great

2) I'd say half the managers around have had the same or similar at times - They're all as driven by ego/personality as any player

True. I wasn't saying that this was a mistake, necessarily - more that it went under the radar a bit. He got a bit shirty about it when asked but then that was it. I don't think that would be the case if he was managing Chelsea. 

But I do take your point ?

On 23/06/2019 at 08:06, MackworthRamIsGod said:

His dad Tim played for Derby Storm back in the nineties, I hung around with the son of the then coach of Derby Storm, Terry Manglum and we washed Tim's car once, Jamaal wasn't even born then.

His family lived in Oakwood on Fiskerton Way.

His brother plays for Leicester Riders now.

On 26 June 2019 at 15:24, Marriott's Right Hand said:

Would love us to get some Eastern Europeans in - there is a lot of talent out there but a lot are just reluctant to leave their home country league, which is a shame.

....to come to Eastern European loving, brexit voting britain?

On 26/06/2019 at 21:24, Marriott's Right Hand said:

Would love us to get some Eastern Europeans in - there is a lot of talent out there but a lot are just reluctant to leave their home country league, which is a shame.

Where I live they don’t seem too reluctant to leave there home country ?

What on Earth is “making progress”? Getting closer in negotiations over a fee given we’re talking permanent moves as you’d expect at this stage I presume? Bit vague that, but at least we’re still getting on with our transfer moves as we should be despite the managerial uncertainty. Windows open and we have a lot of work to do so we need to be pressing on, particularly next week when pre season starts. Good to see we’re doing things properly and have a list of transfer targets we’ve decided upon and we’re just continuing with our work to get those signed Without worrying about the manager situation. If we get the next appointment right to continue the style they’ll want similar players anyway so the previously agreed list should still be the right sort of players so it’s good to see we’re still pressing on with those moves. Seems quite organised for once which is good to see! Wonder who the two players are as well? No names given.

Bit early to be coming up with potential loan targets though for me, or indeed starting to make moves towards sealing deals for them, however far through negotiations we may be. The best loanees aren’t usually allowed out until after the start of pre season when the big boys decide who to loan out and who to keep. Better to wait until then for loans and get the best ones.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What on Earth is “making progress”? Getting closer in negotiations over a fee given we’re talking permanent moves as you’d expect at this stage I presume? Bit vague that, but at least we’re still getting on with our transfer moves as we should be despite the managerial uncertainty. Windows open and we have a lot of work to do so we need to be pressing on, particularly next week when pre season starts. Good to see we’re doing things properly and have a list of transfer targets we’ve decided upon and we’re just continuing with our work to get those signed Without worrying about the manager situation. If we get the next appointment right to continue the style they’ll want similar players anyway so the previously agreed list should still be the right sort of players so it’s good to see we’re still pressing on with those moves. Seems quite organised for once which is good to see! Wonder who the two players are as well? No names given.

Bit early to be coming up with potential loan targets though for me, or indeed starting to make moves towards sealing deals for them, however far through negotiations we may be. The best loanees aren’t usually allowed out until after the start of pre season when the big boys decide who to loan out and who to keep. Better to wait until then for loans and get the best ones.

Probably just enquiring about players possibly being allowed out on loan so we get notified when decisions are made.

3 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Probably just enquiring about players possibly being allowed out on loan so we get notified when decisions are made.

Yeah you’d think so, unless it’s working on the ones we had last year I can’t see the point in making any moves for loanees yet. Get the permanent core sorted out first.

Archived