19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

18 minutes ago, JfR said:

Lewis Holtby's contract is up at HSV. Could be a good option for attacking midfield, considering we've not got many options there currently. Would not surprise me to see someone in this country go for him.

He was a very decent player for a while there - Whatever happened to him?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He was a very decent player for a while there - Whatever happened to him?

I think the Spurs move did him a bit. He never quite managed to break through there, so moved back to Germany with HSV. By all accounts he's done quite well there, even when the team got relegated in 2018. He was their top scorer that season despite being a midfielder and only playing less than half their games due to injury, which gives you a clue as to the position HSV as a club have gotten into. His contract actually expired at the end of that season, but he extended it with reduced wages until the end of this one. From Germans I know, it sounds like HSV fans are absolutely gutted that he's leaving. I'm pretty interested myself to see where he goes, because I think he could prove to be a real coup for someone or other.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:11, Ambitious said:

The more I think about it, the more I would like to see us stack up on CBs and play 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 depending on your view of it. My thinking it would be it would allow us to play Keogh and Davies together at the back in a 'Lampard' system; Davies would have been worth his weight in gold this season considering teams focused on getting crosses into the box and there's not a man in this division more apt at clearing them. It would also afford Evans and Wisdom a second chance in that role - Forsyth too if he can walk again. I still would love a new player come in at CB, but I believe we could get the most out of what we have playing 3x CBs. It also allows us to play Waghorn and Marriott, potentially, upfront together. Bogle, plus Malone/Lowe in the full back role. Reinforce the CMs at the club and we're good to go. 

It's easy this manager lark. 

3ATB or 5ATB  could work if we sign some new players but I am not convinced it will be good with the players we have at the moment.  If we play 3ATB  we will be even more vulnerable down the wings, if we play 5ATB  we will be better equipped to defend crosses but we will loose a man either in midfield or Attack and we would be at risk of becoming like Boro last season, solid in defence but crap going forward . I also don't think Wisdom would be a good CB as he is short for a CB  and has not got a good jump , so he won't compete well in the air. I would like to see us play a 442 , it would require us to sign a new CM to partner Shinnie as none of the midfielders we have currently would be suitable as a box to box player,but we could then play Marriott and Waghorn upfront together and we would also have wingers in a deeper and wider position to help the fullbacks more defensively. I also think Davies and Keogh work fine in 4ATB as long as the fullbacks have pace to cover and the midfield protect the defence properly unlike last season, Davies was a key part of the team under Rowett that when the team was well organised and playing well we looked rock solid and went on a memorable cleansheet run, I think it was December 2017 when we were around 2nd in the league and looked rock solid.

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

I've seen these links on twitter so take these with a pinch of salt but they say were looking at Bradley Dack and Adama Traore.

Bradley Dack would cost us 8 million.

Adama Traore would be a loan.

Dacks very good...very unrealistic.

Traore...no thanks. We’ve had enough wingers with no end product. 

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

I've seen these links on twitter so take these with a pinch of salt but they say were looking at Bradley Dack and Adama Traore.

Bradley Dack would cost us 8 million.

Adama Traore would be a loan.

I'd imagine Dack would end up going for double that.
+
Personally never been a fan of Traore , only really quick no end product

2 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Played 61 times for Boro and scored 5 to me for a winger thats poor

Wingers are meant to cross for the forwards to score. The real criteria should be how good they are at beating their man and getting in quality crosses. If they also score lots of goals, that's an added bonus.

Traore, if played through the middle, can be very dangerous at this level. I would rather have him in our team then playing against us for sure. Yes there are doubts about his consistency and quality of end product, but IMHO he can be a top player player through the middle.

Its ok saying about getting this person and that one. But until the manager thing is sorted, I fear, no one will even contemplate coming here. plus all the decent players will be signing for other clubs. ive a feeling this might be a long  season

20 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Played 61 times for Boro and scored 5 to me for a winger thats poor

Since when were wingers the primary source of scoring goals?

Surely beating their man and getting the ball into good areas is more of a priority? Particularly in a Pulis side.

Archived