19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there was one to go for its Marco Van Ginkel thinks its around 30 goals in less than sixty games, incredilble attacking midfielder probably a better version of Mason Mount although just getting over an injury and only having 1 year left on his contract at Chelsea so possible loan for the season before Chelsea decide whether to extend said contract

On 04/07/2019 at 22:01, Dimmu said:

I took a look.

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Barkley

Loftus-Cheek 

Drinkwater

Bakayoko

Ampadu

Mount

Pasalic

Kenedy

Nathan

Pantic

Ginkel

Not sure how much quality they have in youngsters but I assume there's some more. Some might say they have enough quality to play with three man centre midfield.

You start to break that list down ! Frank will play a 3 for arguments sake Jorgihno , Kante and Kovacic . Then there going to want 3 to 4 back up midfielders. Barkley , Loftus-Cheek then I'd say two of Ampadu , Bakayoko , Mount or van Ginkel. Personally I think Frank likes Ampadu as he was interested in him for us last January . Bakayoko will probably leave if you believe certain tabloid rumours . Leaving the final space for Mount or Van Ginkel for the more attacking midfield role. Now who dies Frank no better for that role ?. I honestly think there is a chance we can get van Ginkel ! 

Van ginkel will be this seasons Hudson odoi on here.

Expect him to be linked with a £50mill move to a European giant in the coming weeks and some of our fans thinking he would still be available on loan to a championship club.

(Above said in jest. Can we attract him? Would be mega if we could)

On 04/07/2019 at 22:01, Dimmu said:

I took a look.

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Barkley

Loftus-Cheek 

Drinkwater

Bakayoko

Ampadu

Mount

Pasalic

Kenedy

Nathan

Pantic

Ginkel

Not sure how much quality they have in youngsters but I assume there's some more. Some might say they have enough quality to play with three man centre midfield.

All I would say is playing a three works with one holding midfielder and two attack minded midfielders. In that list there seems quite an imbalance in favour of holding midfielders. Jorginho, Kante, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Ampadu are holding players. Kenedy is a forward/winger as is pulisic. Nathan also seems like he’s a winger. That leaves Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek (injured for much of next season), Mount, Ginkel and Pantic competing for two roles. Chelsea don’t have much wriggle room in that department considering the amount of games they need to play and injury potential, especially with Loftus-Cheek situation.

Or Lampard could be Sarri and play two defensive midfielders together and then he’ll have loads of options.

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

All I would say is playing a three works with one holding midfielder and two attack minded midfielders. In that list there seems quite an imbalance in favour of holding midfielders. Jorginho, Kante, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Ampadu are holding players. Kenedy is a forward/winger as is pulisic. Nathan also seems like he’s a winger. That leaves Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek (injured for much of next season), Mount, Ginkel and Pantic competing for two roles. Chelsea don’t have much wriggle room in that department considering the amount of games they need to play and injury potential, especially with Loftus-Cheek situation.

Or Lampard could be Sarri and play two defensive midfielders together and then he’ll have loads of options.

I'd say the balance is not perfect, but other way around. They have a lot of attacking midfielders!

Yeah, Loftus-Cheek is out. But I wouldn't call Drinkwater as a holding midfielder, more of a box-to-box. Kenedy can play on the wing as well  as attacking midfield and he is most likely loaned out as he didn't really show anything special with Newcastle. Yep Pulisic is winger but Pasalic is different player, young attacking midfielder from Croatia. Not good enough for Chelsea but wouldn't mind seeing him in Rams shirt... Nathan is also attacking midfielder, who could play on the left wing. 

Jorginho's future is interesting as he doesn't really suit Lampard's DM profile. He is bit like great version of Huddlestone who sat on the bench a lot... Lampard is lucky to to have option like Kante as DM and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ampadu as his back up.

Centre back

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Need someone older than the academy players.

evans seemed much better in defence than midfield and could be one.

missed the opportunity to get liam lindsay two years ago for £750k

Probably can't afford jake cooper from millwall?

Jason mccarthy could be a decent squad player although we really need a left footer.

if we can afford him and we could get igor on the case then maybe dino peric from zagreb. Big bugger. Left footed. Likes to tackle. Seems to like to bomb forward too.

https://vimeo.com/331052690

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Decent price as well. Still only 28. If it's a Champ club in we should match the bid. Think Sheff Utd were linked recently though. 

I've seen that Fulham were interested so I'd assume it's them he's off to. Doubt we'd be able to match the wages they could offer due to parachute payments 

@DcFc Dyycheee Just had a look through the replies to that Tweet and someone is saying it's Brentford. They've got Pinnock in to replace Barbet but Konsa is still being linked with a move away so they might be needing another centre back. Doesn't really come across as a very Brentford type signing though but we'd definitely be able to compete with the wages they'd be offering if it is them. Mind you, on TalkSport Mel said that he's still not in the Leeds owner's good books so I'd doubt they'd sell to us anyway ?

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

@DcFc Dyycheee Just had a look through the replies to that Tweet and someone is saying it's Brentford. They've got Pinnock in to replace Barbet but Konsa is still being linked with a move away so they might be needing another centre back. Doesn't really come across as a very Brentford type signing though but we'd definitely be able to compete with the wages they'd be offering if it is them. Mind you, on TalkSport Mel said that he's still not in the Leeds owner's good books so I'd doubt they'd sell to us anyway ?

If it's us I think I might die from laughter 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

If it's us I think I might die from laughter 

I'd love it. I really think we'd benefit from someone like Jansson or Skrtel. Keogh, Tomori and Davies are all very good defenders at this level, but none of them are the type of player who would intimidate the opposing striker

38 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

That would be some signing for Brentford. Didn't realise they got Pinnock as well. Suppose they're gonna bring in close to £20m from Maupay and Konsa. 

Archived