19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

Given the strong links to Phillip Cocu, a couple of players from the Eredivisie who may be worth a look at?

Kristoffer Petersen (Heracles)

Predominantly a left sided player (winger) but capable of playing anywhere across a front 3.  1 in 5 goal/game record overall in Eredivise, but nearly 1 in 3 at Heracles over last 2.5 years where he played in a more attacking role than he did at Utrecht.

Signed a 2.5y contract (with 1y option) when joining in Jan ’17.  Could pick up at a reasonable price considering out of contract at the end of this coming season. 

Initially came through the Liverpool system, but never played for the 1st team.  Made debut for Sweden last season.

Bart Ramselaar (PSV)

Signed for PSV in 2016 by Phillip Cocu as a 19 year old - £5m (contract to 20/21).  Primarily an attacking central midfielder. 

Played 76 games in 3 years, although spent a lot of time on the bench/out of the squad last season.  He seemed to fall out of favour under new manager Mark van Bommel, making just 2(4) appearances.  IF Cocu does become manager, may be someone to look at? 

One slight downside would be a 1 in 11 goal record at PSV (albeit 1 in 7 overall).  Capped by Holland 3 times (in 16/17).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking through cocu's old psv teams, one thing that stands out is unless they make a huge sale to a bigger team in Europe (and most of them make it and last). Players stick around (alot are still there and appear to be pretty loyal to psv rather than a manager)

Players who I'm aware of who did well and looked good under cocu but not at clubs that would put them out of reach:

Lestienne/bakkali- both pacey wingers, not sure it's what we need but both are the kind of player who would really offer a threat and scare defenders

Maher- really think this is a possible signing, the best run in his career was under cocu. A threatening creative am (to fill the mount void). Only with Alkmaar at the moment. Going into the prime of his career in theory. 

Much briefer version of soemthing I wrote in the Cocu thread. Some Eredivisie targets I'd love to see us go in for:

- Sven van Beek (Feyenoord): Commanding centre-half who can play the ball. Definitely good enough to play in the Championship, and we are short of centre-halves as it is!

- Guus Til (AZ): Genuinely think this kid could take Mason Mount's place. Though maybe not as exciting as Mount just yet, he is a strong central midfielder who can offer something defensively as well as providing a goal threat. Can play as a 10 or an 8.

- Sam Lammers (PSV): the striker had an outstanding season on loan at Heerenveen (16 goals, 5 assists) and scored a boatload for Jong PSV. Linked with a move to Sampdoria, but likely PSV will want him in their first team. Perhaps the Cocu-Connection could prise him away, though...

12 hours ago, John Doe said:

Bart Ramselaar (PSV)

Signed for PSV in 2016 by Phillip Cocu as a 19 year old - £5m (contract to 20/21).  Primarily an attacking central midfielder. 

Played 76 games in 3 years, although spent a lot of time on the bench/out of the squad last season.  He seemed to fall out of favour under new manager Mark van Bommel, making just 2(4) appearances.  IF Cocu does become manager, may be someone to look at? 

One slight downside would be a 1 in 11 goal record at PSV (albeit 1 in 7 overall).  Capped by Holland 3 times (in 16/17).

Scheepers and Ramselaar. Are we sure this isn't someone having a laugh with us? ?

19 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Much briefer version of soemthing I wrote in the Cocu thread. Some Eredivisie targets I'd love to see us go in for:

- Sven van Beek (Feyenoord): Commanding centre-half who can play the ball. Definitely good enough to play in the Championship, and we are short of centre-halves as it is!

- Guus Til (AZ): Genuinely think this kid could take Mason Mount's place. Though maybe not as exciting as Mount just yet, he is a strong central midfielder who can offer something defensively as well as providing a goal threat. Can play as a 10 or an 8.

- Sam Lammers (PSV): the striker had an outstanding season on loan at Heerenveen (16 goals, 5 assists) and scored a boatload for Jong PSV. Linked with a move to Sampdoria, but likely PSV will want him in their first team. Perhaps the Cocu-Connection could prise him away, though...

Please add

Ivor Van Der ama

Ruud butnottoo ruud

Schippa van load

Wight van man

Ivor Van den plas

Ten Inaseason

6 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I'll be helpful for a change. Here are the next 6 weeks of transfer stories;

"Cocu's Derby County in stunning move for *Dutchman with tenuous link to Cocu*!"

You're welcome!

My guesses for 2 Dutch players on loan from Chelsea.

Deishawn Redan - Dutch striker recently signed from Ajax.

Juan Castillo - Dutch defender.

Archived