19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Gone to Celtic, and fair play, paid more than legally obliged to help out Bolton. 

Thats two we've missed then.....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What position/role(s) do you think is the priority that we don’t have currently in the squad or any reasonable hope of an academy player breaking through for?

Mine are replacements for Tomori and mount. 

Tomori- I don’t think it is out of the question for either another loan or a deal with Chelsea regarding frank (has a lot of players ahead of him and I don’t think he would make it there- particularly Zouma).

Mount- no chance we would get him and although the youngsters coming through are good/Holmes can play that role. I think if we want to be competitive we need more. The Kasey Palmer suggestion is interesting and would love to see him given a real run with confidence in a Derby side. The holtby suggestion is interesting and left field. For me my favourite is Marcus Maddison... all sorts said about him but his stats just intrigue.... consistently high goals scored and assisted from midfield. He’s also quite prolific alongside our marriott.

Interestingly behind Maddison in league one is a guy who’s apparently from Derby... hunter? Don’t know much about him tbf. Not the best judge but his highlights make him look like a pacier version of Bryson in his prime. Very energetic and getting in and around the forwards/following up.

The only options I can see beyond that are mowatt (if you can get him playing well he’s a good player), bannan (would you get a deal out fo Wednesday), sergi canos (Brentford normally sell a couple... they hold out for decent money normally though) or sneaking in for grosicki.

Not going for nick powell still looks like a right mistake but I’d imagine stoke with parachutes are paying serious money.

13 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

What position/role(s) do you think is the priority that we don’t have currently in the squad or any reasonable hope of an academy player breaking through for?

Mine are replacements for Tomori and mount. 

Tomori- I don’t think it is out of the question for either another loan or a deal with Chelsea regarding frank (has a lot of players ahead of him and I don’t think he would make it there- particularly Zouma).

Mount- no chance we would get him and although the youngsters coming through are good/Holmes can play that role. I think if we want to be competitive we need more. The Kasey Palmer suggestion is interesting and would love to see him given a real run with confidence in a Derby side. The holtby suggestion is interesting and left field. For me my favourite is Marcus Maddison... all sorts said about him but his stats just intrigue.... consistently high goals scored and assisted from midfield. He’s also quite prolific alongside our marriott.

Interestingly behind Maddison in league one is a guy who’s apparently from Derby... hunter? Don’t know much about him tbf. Not the best judge but his highlights make him look like a pacier version of Bryson in his prime. Very energetic and getting in and around the forwards/following up.

The only options I can see beyond that are mowatt (if you can get him playing well he’s a good player), bannan (would you get a deal out fo Wednesday), sergi canos (Brentford normally sell a couple... they hold out for decent money normally though) or sneaking in for grosicki.

Not going for nick powell still looks like a right mistake but I’d imagine stoke with parachutes are paying serious money.

Maddison is an interesting one. £2.5m release clause, linked well with Marriott and just the sort of creativity we need but doubts about his character. The sort of guy you hate to be playing against you.  He must be looking to challenge himself in championship now.

54 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If Cocu comes in I wouldn't be surprised to see us go in for Luciano Narsingh, who's been released by Swansea.

Narsingh rose to fame in Cocu's PSV side.

Hope not, was on £50,000 a week at Swansea and hardly got a game.  Potter was critical of him for not putting it in.

Connor mahoney

a left footed left winger! 

Young player of the season at brum last season.

bournemouth have just agreed to sell to millwall ffs

get in there Mel / cocu/ wassall whoever!

4132 marriott and waggy up front. Mahoney and holmes in midfield with lawrence central. 

(until cocu signs dan crowley)

13 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Van Ginkel on loan from Chelsea please Frank. Cocu's captain at PSV. 

I've been wanting him for a while but always seemed a little out of reach - However with that combo it could happen...

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Cocu takes over, how about Gaston Pereiro from PSV as the Mount replacement? Need some midfield goals in the team. Or is he out of our reach? 

I think he was linked with a £15 million + move a few weeks back so the fee would probably be a little too much for us

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Cocu takes over, how about Gaston Pereiro from PSV as the Mount replacement? Need some midfield goals in the team. Or is he out of our reach? 

Lampard out

Cocu in

Lampard sends Cocu a little "welcome to Derby" present in the form of a Van Ginkel

Job done

Archived