19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ Ross McCormack had vanished into the cupboard at villa longer than Anya did in the locker room here! Used to be an absolutely unplayable player at this level, was almost unfairly good. Shows you what happens when you make the wrong career move. 

Was a bad state of affairs when he got shipped out to Central Coast Mariners and got outscored by Usain Bolt

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Why are so many of these teams got new CB in? Curtis Davies should 100% be in our starting 11 next season he’s a class defender and a leader

A 34 year old just coming back from a serious injury.

Not the safest bet to construct your defence around.

i watch a fair bit of Dutch footie, and a player that's making a name for himself is Teun Koopmeiners - AZ Alkmaar
Reminds me of a young Tommy huddlestone with his passing and size.
Would love to see him in the middle of our midfield!! 
Might not be cheap tho ?

1 minute ago, KentRam14 said:

i watch a fair bit of Dutch footie, and a player that's making a name for himself is Teun Koopmeiners - AZ Alkmaar
Reminds me of a young Tommy huddlestone with his passing and size.
Would love to see him in the middle of our midfield!! 
Might not be cheap tho ?

It's all good with me.  We can even get Schteve back to do the negotiations, he can speak Dutch schuperbly!  Schmoke and a pancake anyone?

Or if we're need to be sneaky to get him on the cheap we could go with a Roos ruse!  My head hasn't invented what A Roos ruse is yet*, but it'll definitely be a thing later today!

*and before you say it a Roos ruse isn't a failed tactic where you lull the opposition into a false sense of security by throwing the ball into your own net.  Shame on you sir / madam for thinking that.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

A 34 year old just coming back from a serious injury.

Not the safest bet to construct your defence around.

Been fairly injury prone throughout his career so we’d need 1 new CB in anyway. Given the age of Keogh and Davies, it makes sense to get a young fella in who is good enough to be first choice

18 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Charlton still haven't got the cash to match even mid-table Championship clubs. They're really going to struggle to keep hold of Sarr, Bauer and Aribo this summer!

Think it will take 4+ mill and wages north of 15k to compete... think the parachute clubs etc will be in. Not sure that’s our price range this summer

On 03/06/2019 at 17:12, Nuwtfly said:

Some suggestions for key positions (permanent only)

GK: Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday)

Perfect place to start, might have to pay over the odds for an older player but he's as good as you'll get in this division.

Still think Joe Hart will end up here.

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Perfect place to start, might have to pay over the odds for an older player but he's as good as you'll get in this division.

Still think Joe Hart will end up here.

Big wages.

Westwood was the best keeper in this division at one point. We should definitely try for him, if there's a chance.

Archived