19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Hmmm. Might pop onto the oatcake forum to check the natives' mood...?

I must admit I popped in there a few times last season and never have I ever been to a more rude place and that’s to each other !

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/06/2019 at 17:48, GrimsbyRam said:

Anyone think Derby may go for Billy Gilmour at Chelsea, if Frank remains? Very young but apparently a prodigious talent. Remember watching him and another player who I think was at Chelsea who left to go to Italy for Scotland under 17s or 18s last summer

No, can see him going to vitisse first this season or next.

3 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Vydra back on loan ? 

think we have more than capable strikers at the moment. We just need to actually play them. Think central midfield and, wing and centre back are more important places to strengthen

10 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

think we have more than capable strikers at the moment. We just need to actually play them. Think central midfield and, wing and centre back are more important places to strengthen

Dead right.  The big learning from the playoffs has been seeing Waghorn and Marriott playing together up top. I think we'll see more of that next season as they look quite a force together at this level. If we play both of them they'll likely get 30-40 goals between then.  And with that many goals in them, we ought to make top 6 again.

After the success at Leeds I predict we'll see more flexibility in formations this term as Frank figures out how to combat the Blackburns and Boltons of the league.

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Was on about for centre attacking role. Lampard changed to that formation recently with two holding midfielders behind. Would be good to have him back, especially after last season

Some suggestions for key positions (permanent only)

GK: Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday), Walton (Brighton)

CB: Pinnock (Barnsley), Findlay (Kilmarnock), Souttar (Hearts), Sarr (Charlton), van der Hoorn (Swansea), Nsiala (Ipswich)

CM: Aribo (Charlton), Sawyers (Brentford), Haugen (SK Brann), Browne (Preston), Vaulks (Rotherham), Swift (Reading), Hestad (Molde)

Wingers: Becker (Ado Den Haag), O'Dowda (Bristol City), Lowe (Portsmouth), Hamilton (Mansfield)

54 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Was on about for centre attacking role. Lampard changed to that formation recently with two holding midfielders behind. Would be good to have him back, especially after last season

Vydra & Marriott would be absolute dynamite as a combination.

Not sure Vyds works hard enough for Frank though I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Vydra back on loan ? 

I reckon he'd be excellent behind Waghorn & Marriott.

Roos

Bogle - Keogh - CB - Malone

Homes - Shinnie - Johnson

Vydra

Marriott Waghorn

51 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I reckon he'd be excellent behind Waghorn & Marriott.

Roos

Bogle - Keogh - CB - Malone

Homes - Shinnie - Johnson

Vydra

Marriott Waghorn

I really like that team. The problem last time Vydra was here is that we played a midfield two and it left us exposed as Vydra didn’t often drop back to help Huddlestone, Ledley or Johnson out in midfield. In that team he’d have more protection behind him with the extra man and he’d replace Wilson’s goals.

Vydra played in that formation at Watford, playing behind Ighalo and Deeney.

5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Some suggestions for key positions (permanent only)

GK: Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday), Walton (Brighton)

CB: Pinnock (Barnsley), Findlay (Kilmarnock), Souttar (Hearts), Sarr (Charlton), van der Hoorn (Swansea), Nsiala (Ipswich)

CM: Aribo (Charlton), Sawyers (Brentford), Haugen (SK Brann), Browne (Preston), Vaulks (Rotherham), Swift (Reading), Hestad (Molde)

Wingers: Becker (Ado Den Haag), O'Dowda (Bristol City), Lowe (Portsmouth), Hamilton (Mansfield)

Decent list... I’d knock the charlton ones on the head. With their promotion I think they will take decent money.

50 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Decent list... I’d knock the charlton ones on the head. With their promotion I think they will take decent money.

Charlton still haven't got the cash to match even mid-table Championship clubs. They're really going to struggle to keep hold of Sarr, Bauer and Aribo this summer!

15 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Vydra back on loan ? 

It gets a team into the top six, imagine if leeds had actually paid the money for him last season because they would have gone up automatically- no one can say he doesn’t work hard enough- he scored 21 goals for us with only 2 other players allowed past the halfway line and if the Leeds manager wanted you the work rate was not the problem.

Archived