19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoban is a decent player but he’s not that great, we need a centre back but I’d prefer a little more experience at this level in there with a run of fitness. Was gonna say Britos might be a better option before realising his age.... mind speaking of age are Watford really giving 38 year old Gomes a new deal?!

Having realised he's not someone else I'm warming to the idea of David Turnbull from Motherwell.  I'm basing this on the fact he's 19 (good age), is 6'1" (we're a small side), scores goals from midfield (15 is reasonably impressive even in the highland league), and has had a breakthrough season being voted some variant of the Scottish young footballer of the year (shows potential to grow further with us).

Now can someone buy him on Fifa and give us an objective view.  Ta muchly.

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Having realised he's not someone else I'm warming to the idea of David Turnbull from Motherwell.  I'm basing this on the fact he's 19 (good age), is 6'1" (we're a small side), scores goals from midfield (15 is reasonably impressive even in the highland league), and has had a breakthrough season being voted some variant of the Scottish young footballer of the year (shows potential to grow further with us).

Now can someone buy him on Fifa and give us an objective view.  Ta muchly.

Barnsley are in for him - we should be able to compete

Noticed the last few days the prem clubs releasing players think we will be seeing a few popping up in links with us or having a trial here.Was told by some of the academy staff a few years ago that we have to look at these sort of players has many have potential to still make the step up at this level.

The more I think about it, the more I would like to see us stack up on CBs and play 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 depending on your view of it. My thinking it would be it would allow us to play Keogh and Davies together at the back in a 'Lampard' system; Davies would have been worth his weight in gold this season considering teams focused on getting crosses into the box and there's not a man in this division more apt at clearing them. It would also afford Evans and Wisdom a second chance in that role - Forsyth too if he can walk again. I still would love a new player come in at CB, but I believe we could get the most out of what we have playing 3x CBs. It also allows us to play Waghorn and Marriott, potentially, upfront together. Bogle, plus Malone/Lowe in the full back role. Reinforce the CMs at the club and we're good to go. 

It's easy this manager lark. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The more I think about it, the more I would like to see us stack up on CBs and play 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 depending on your view of it. My thinking it would be it would allow us to play Keogh and Davies together at the back in a 'Lampard' system; Davies would have been worth his weight in gold this season considering teams focused on getting crosses into the box and there's not a man in this division more apt at clearing them. It would also afford Evans and Wisdom a second chance in that role - Forsyth too if he can walk again. I still would love a new player come in at CB, but I believe we could get the most out of what we have playing 3x CBs. It also allows us to play Waghorn and Marriott, potentially, upfront together. Bogle, plus Malone/Lowe in the full back role. Reinforce the CMs at the club and we're good to go. 

I really liked how sheff united played 3-5-2, the wide center backs pushed up allowing the wing backs to really push on. 3 in the midfield so don’t get out numbered and 2 strikers. Keogh suites to play the right side of back 3 he loves a run forward and is comfortable bringing it out and like you say Waghorn and Marriott partnership!

ROOS

KEOGH       DAVIES      TOMORI 

BOGLE                                          MALONE 

HOLMES  NEW  SHINNIE

WAGHORN   MARRIOTT 

9 hours ago, McMuffin said:

I really liked how sheff united played 3-5-2, the wide center backs pushed up allowing the wing backs to really push on. 3 in the midfield so don’t get out numbered and 2 strikers. Keogh suites to play the right side of back 3 he loves a run forward and is comfortable bringing it out and like you say Waghorn and Marriott partnership!

ROOS

KEOGH       DAVIES      TOMORI 

BOGLE                                          MALONE 

HOLMES  NEW  SHINNIE

WAGHORN   MARRIOTT 

I mean if you're gonna go with it might as well make it from players we actually have - I'd worry about the lack of creativity in your line up though

Roos

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Bogle          Shinnie         Malone

Holmes      Lawrence

Waghorn      Marriott

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Ambitious is ‘Bowyer in’ ?

Lewis Holtby's contract is up at HSV. Could be a good option for attacking midfield, considering we've not got many options there currently. Would not surprise me to see someone in this country go for him.

Archived