19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darlow was a great shout by someone. He's an improvement on Roos and has the same characteristics. I'm not sure how much Newcastle would want for him, but he would be available and I think his wages may be within ball park of what we can offer. 

Darlow has 1yr left on his contract so not sure he would cost that much considering he played 1 game last season and that was in the cup.

We have been linked with Rob Elliott previously so may as well give their 4th keeper a mention, Freddie Woodburn who is a young keeper with 1 year on his deal too

On 26/05/2019 at 10:42, SouthernRam said:

Patrick Roberts available for £4m. Proper winger - fast, direct and tricky.

Might follow Rogers to Leicester but worth a punt. Still only 22 with plenty of untapped potential.

A suggestion that I imagine will get mixed responses, but Albert Adomah has been released by Villa. Every team he plays for seems to get promoted, at 31 could add some experience and a cheapish option on a free. Not saying he would be a marquee signing but I think he has enough about him to add something to the squad and I think 2 or 3 attacking players are a must this summer. 

Maybe Martin Odegaard could follow in Mason Mount's footsteps and join us for a season after a great season at Vitesse ? 

Finger's crossed Frank is his hero too!

27 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Great signing by Norwich that tbf, I’d have thought some more upper end prem teams would’ve been in for Roberts. Not that I’ve seen him play much but he seems to have done very well in other loans.

A lot of it in the pub league up north though.....

33 minutes ago, Ramos said:

A suggestion that I imagine will get mixed responses, but Albert Adomah has been released by Villa. Every team he plays for seems to get promoted, at 31 could add some experience and a cheapish option on a free. Not saying he would be a marquee signing but I think he has enough about him to add something to the squad and I think 2 or 3 attacking players are a must this summer. 

Good shout....

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Tommy Elphick on a free would be a good signing, assuming we can't get Tomori back.

I remember him being an excellent part of Bournemouth's rise and their first season or so in the prem. I was surprised like with Matt Richie that they sold him so suddenly, but I haven't heard amazing things about him since he joined villa. Can't remember who he was on loan at in the season just gone but i'm sure people mentioned he wasn't as good as he once was. 

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Tommy Elphick on a free would be a good signing, assuming we can't get Tomori back.

Would rather have one on the way up than one on the way down.

It was refreshing to have Tomori's pace and fire in the belly.

With Nuge at the end of his contract I would try and steal Lee Gregory ( free agent ) from under the noses of Stoke - as he wants a move back up this way.

Wouldn’t break the bank and has been consistent with 10+ goals a season in the championship in an average Millwall team. Would provide competition for Marriott, Waghorn. He is used to playing the pressing game and his movement has always impressed me.

3 hours ago, Don't Panic said:

With Nuge at the end of his contract I would try and steal Lee Gregory ( free agent ) from under the noses of Stoke - as he wants a move back up this way.

Wouldn’t break the bank and has been consistent with 10+ goals a season in the championship in an average Millwall team. Would provide competition for Marriott, Waghorn. He is used to playing the pressing game and his movement has always impressed me.

Gets my vote.

7 hours ago, Don't Panic said:

Him and Nick Powell signed deals with Stoke by all accounts. 

Archived