Will MM sanction a CB for Frank

Curtains

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rynny said:

GSE was still the owners when Nige was sacked. Mel didn't buy the club until 2 years after and only invested at the end of that season (just before the play off final). 

Wrong mel had full control at that point.He appointed nigel pearson and also sacked him

15 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I love deadline day,knowing you’re going to involved @Curtains just made my day more enjoyable.

Where’s @RoyMac5?

And yes definitely in answer to your question.

Virgil Van Dyke in a cash plus Chris Martin deal,we should be happy with 5 million.

Genuinely found Pearce one of the nicest Footballers I have spoken to over the years.  

Real genuine guy. 

If he can’t be replaced so be it. 

Up the Rams 

Van dyke yes I think Liverpool might get rid as he made a mistake last night on Maguire goal  

28 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Genuinely found Pearce one of the nicest Footballers I have spoken to over the years.  

Real genuine guy. 

If he can’t be replaced so be it. 

Up the Rams 

Van dyke yes I think Liverpool might get rid as he made a mistake last night on Maguire goal  

We found the same when we spoke to Pearce,at the time he was the only player who came and spoke to us and he apologised saying that the manager(Clement)would fine anyone who was even a minute late for the pre game meeting but promised to come out after.

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

Probably a stupid question, but if a CB as cover is such a priority then why was Pearce sent out on loan?  Even if Frank thought we could do better in that department wouldn't it have made more sense to keep hold of him until a replacement was secured?  If the plan is to bring in a CB to challenge for a first team spot, then it makes a bit more sense as I don't think Pearce would've been in the frame (not that I thought he was a bad player).  However, I would've thought identifying a player like that, who is available, would be both difficult and expensive. 

FWIW, I'm not that concerned about that position and am not going to be tearing my season ticket up if nobody comes in. Just seems an odd thing for us to have done in the context of what is now being said.

It's a good point. I'm assuming that there is no recall for Pearce if one of Keogh/Tomori gets injured or suspended.

The big problem must surely be that available CBs are rare, and those that are available are in the shop window because they aren't first choice at their club. So why would they come here to also sit on the bench? When we had Curtis and Pearce fit they weren't getting regular games.

What are the emergency loan rules these days? We only really need cover if we lose Keogh or Tomori

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I love deadline day,knowing you’re going to involved @Curtains just made my day more enjoyable.

Where’s @RoyMac5?

And yes definitely in answer to your question.

Virgil Van Dyke in a cash plus Chris Martin deal,we should be happy with 5 million.

See we missed out on Suarez! C'mon Mel get Chrissy back then! ?

To be fair, I think the answer was probably yes. We clearly had interest in the Ipswich chap, but Ipswich didn't want him to go, we couldn't come to an agreement, and under the terms of his current loan deal, we were scuppered.

I can certainly understand the frustration of a few on here that, despite loaning out Pearce a few week's ago, we didn't have something more concrete lined up, but at the same time, it's hard to bring in a loan as a backup, and we clearly didn't have the cash (unless we'd made a sale or two) to push through a bigger loan fee or smaller transfer for such a purpose.

My assumption (and that's all it is) is that we saw the opportunity to save some money on Pearce, thinking we'd probably be able to cover it later in the window when more loans went out etc. We identified one or two targets, hoping we'd get them nearer the end of the window, but as we didn't manage to make any actual sales, it limited our options. 

As has been mentioned elsewhere, we're probably short a centre back (although we do have a couple who could possibly do a short term job as backup), but we do still have the opportunity to bring in free transfers. Younes Kaboul, for example, has been mentioned, and I can't think of many better free options on a 6 month contract than him!

Were asking for trouble one injury to either centre back and were up poo street.

Looks like FFP may be the issue but if not FL is not going to keep putting up with this,yet another midfielder bought in for what reason lord only knows and we have no cover at centre back and little cover at right back,ludicrous 

Archived