Will MM sanction a CB for Frank

Curtains

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Its all about perception and you clearly perceive MM can do no wrong. 

I have supported him more than most on here over the years so I can’t be accused of being over critical .

How do you figure that? You have constantly argued with me because of my love for Mac for the past 4 years and now you're saying I've never said a bad word about the man who sacked him twice? Are you for real? 

Of course you can. He's spent a fortune and you're saying he isn't doing enough. That's over critical. 

Before you created the thread you should have taken a look at what he's spent. Might be best to go do that now. 

If he's reading this thread he has every right to hit the roof. I would. I could take the criticism of hiring and firing and even criticism of any supposed behaviour the newspapers say about me. But the one thing I wouldn't be criticised on is the money I've put in. My own millions upon millions. How close I've sailed to FFP limits. The multiple broken transfer records. The fact I'll never get my money back on most those poo Clement signings and yet I still allow managers to spend what they get from sales. 

It's absurd

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mel is just the custodian m8 

DCFC will be around long after he or I have left this world. 

No it won't if it can't afford to operate. It will go under like many clubs have before.

It needs investment. Your ticket money and buying a shirt does not pay for Bradley Johnson. It didn't build anything at Moor Farm. Every year we record a loss, don't we? 

Are we going to pay the bills with the statement "The fans are the club!" I don't think that works with British Gas. I don't think you can buy Jack Marriott with fan passion as the currency 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How do you figure that? You have constantly argued with me because of my love for Mac for the past 4 years and now you're saying I've never said a bad word about the man who sacked him twice? Are you for real? 

Of course you can. He's spent a fortune and you're saying he isn't doing enough. That's over critical. 

Before you created the thread you should have taken a look at what he's spent. Might be best to go do that now. 

If he's reading this thread he has every right to hit the roof. I would. I could take the criticism of hiring and firing and even criticism of any supposed behaviour the newspapers say about me. But the one thing I wouldn't be criticised on is the money I've put in. My own millions upon millions. How close I've sailed to FFP limits. The multiple broken transfer records. The fact I'll never get my money back on most those poo Clement signings and yet I still allow managers to spend what they get from sales. 

It's absurd

I knew and know how much he has spent. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-reveals-how-much-1874573

The point is now we need a CB and that is a priority according to Frank. 

I hope we get one as Pearce has left. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

No it won't if it can't afford to operate. It will go under like many clubs have before.

It needs investment. Your ticket money and buying a shirt does not pay for Bradley Johnson. It didn't build anything at Moor Farm. Every year we record a loss, don't we? 

Are we going to pay the bills with the statement "The fans are the club!" I don't think that works with British Gas. I don't think you can buy Jack Marriott with fan passion as the currency 

We have had other Owners in the past who have invested such as Lionel Pickering and he has my thanks  

Mel chose to invest in DCFC and I thank him for that .

We still need a CB though. 

Just now, Curtains said:

I knew and know how much he has spent. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-reveals-how-much-1874573

The point is now we need a CB and that is a priority according to Frank. 

I hope we get one as Pearce has left. 

Right, so Lampard wants a CB and because we haven't got one in then the only possible solution is that Mel can afford it but is refusing to cough up? This is based on his £100m pocket change he's put forward in 4/5 years with no sign of a return. 

That's what we are saying? 

You're panicking on behalf of Lampard because we haven't got a CB to sit on the bench? Even though both our CB's are fit to play and Wisdom has also played CB many times in the past. We are panicking on behalf of Frank (who sent Pearce, who Morris payed for, out on loan) who happened to mention getting a defender in is a priority

Aaaaaand we just signed Ashley Cole. On minimum wage I guess 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Right, so Lampard wants a CB and because we haven't got one in then the only possible solution is that Mel can afford it but is refusing to cough up? This is based on his £100m pocket change he's put forward in 4/5 years with no sign of a return. 

That's what we are saying? 

You're panicking on behalf of Lampard because we haven't got a CB to sit on the bench? Even though both our CB's are fit to play and Wisdom has also played CB many times in the past. We are panicking on behalf of Frank (who sent Pearce, who Morris payed for, out on loan) who happened to mention getting a defender in is a priority

Aaaaaand we just signed Ashley Cole. On minimum wage I guess 

I’m not panicking I am a supporter of Derby County and Frank Lampard is doing a good job and I like him and I want him to be successful as I’m sure Mel does. .

I’m not the definitive opinion on whether Mel should put the boat out to get promotion in the future .

Mel Morris is his own man and will decide the strategy for the club. 

I wish him and DCFC well. 

No idea what is going on day to day at the club, i don't pay THAT close attention to it these days but...

What happens if tomorrow a centre half rocks up and is signed on loan?

11pm I believe is the deadline. So without a crystal ball no one on here has any idea whether Frank will get the centre half he "needs" or not.

Wouldn't it have been better to start a thread criticising something that has actually happened and not something that might happen?

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

No idea what is going on day to day at the club, i don't pay THAT close attention to it these days but...

What happens if tomorrow a centre half rocks up and is signed on loan?

11pm I believe is the deadline. So without a crystal ball no one on here has any idea whether Frank will get the centre half he "needs" or not.

Wouldn't it have been better to start a thread criticising something that has actually happened and not something that might happen?

In retrospect yes you are right. 

MM won’t take any notice of me but I do think a CB is urgently required and I was just asking if Mel would sanction it but of course it may depend on outgoing transfers to accommodate FFP .

These threads get out of hand sometimes mate as people keep throwing spanners in the works and I ge5 sidetracked as you may understand 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

MM won’t take any notice of me but I do think a CB is urgently required and I was just asking if Mel would sanction it but of course it may depend on outgoing transfers to accommodate FFP .

These threads get out of hand sometimes mate as people keep throwing spanners in the works and I ge5 sidetracked as you may understand 

Yep, get that fully. Sometimes you get dragged into a row just by doing the decent thing and taking the time to reply and justify your views to everyone. I should be on your side from that perspective.

I hope you get your wish tomorrow pal.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Yep, get that fully. Sometimes you get dragged into a row just by doing the decent thing and taking the time to reply and justify your views to everyone. I should be on your side from that perspective.

I hope you get your wish tomorrow pal.

Mate I need to apologize to you over a recent comment about going to another message board which was out of order. 

Sorry. 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mate I need to apologize to you over a recent comment about going to another message board which was out of order. 

Sorry. 

As someone who is more than capable of losing the plot and over reacting myself, don't worry about it.

We've all thrown one liners around we wish we could take back.

Thanks for the apology though, I appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Curtains, its the title of the thread that makes others criticise you.

You are asking us if Mel would sanction signing a CB. Mel would sanction any signing mate but he does have to comply with FFP and we are a bit stuffed atm on that front.

No one is saying we don't need a CB.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Curtains, its the title of the thread that makes others criticise you.

You are asking us if Mel would sanction signing a CB. Mel would sanction any signing mate but he does have to comply with FFP and we are a bit stuffed atm on that front.

No one is saying we don't need a CB.

I think when I started the thread I was overlooking the predicament DCFC is in at the moment with FFP. 

In retrospect Mel doesn’t deserve criticism over this but at least it has highlighted to me something most Derby fans knew about. 

Probably a stupid question, but if a CB as cover is such a priority then why was Pearce sent out on loan?  Even if Frank thought we could do better in that department wouldn't it have made more sense to keep hold of him until a replacement was secured?  If the plan is to bring in a CB to challenge for a first team spot, then it makes a bit more sense as I don't think Pearce would've been in the frame (not that I thought he was a bad player).  However, I would've thought identifying a player like that, who is available, would be both difficult and expensive. 

FWIW, I'm not that concerned about that position and am not going to be tearing my season ticket up if nobody comes in. Just seems an odd thing for us to have done in the context of what is now being said.

It might be that Pearce going tipped us the right side of FFP and allowed us to bring in Cole.

Ideally we do need a 3rd CB but it might be that Frank looked at the fact that Pearce hadn't been required once during the 1st half of the season whereas a 2nd LB (whether Fozzy, Lowe, Wisdom) has been required multiple times during the 1st half of the season due to injuries.

I guess we're now working on a 1 out = 1 in basis with CB at the top of the wanted list, followed by CM (King).

Here's hoping we can shift out 1 or more of Butters, Ledley, Anya and Johnson today.

Surely there's a Championship club we could do a loan swap (for a CB) with who'd want one of these?!

Archived